1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 6th Single [Girl's Rule] '13/07/03

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 6th Single [Title TBD] (Date TBD)

Finally changes!!! And Maiyan center!!! omg!!! This is perfect!!!

I was expecting few changes on this senbatsu, like Ikuchan in center with Ikoma/Hoshino staying on the front. But this is even better! Pretty interesting is that now we have the center trio composed by older members rather than the usual young ones.

Congratz to my nogi oshi <3 <3 <3

2. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

^
    ^Good day mieniem. :)
    Well they moved Ito Marika & Saito Yuri in & moved Ito Nene & Nagashima Seira out. Both Bebitan & Yuri were in senbatsu before (Marika was in for 3rd, Yuri was always in up till 5th.) So there are no first time senbatsu members unfortunately... Members whom have yet to make senbatsu ever yet so far are: Eto Misa, Kashiwa Yukina, Nakamoto Himeka, Kawago Hina, Ando Mikumo, Higuchi Hina, Yamato Rina, Saito Chiharu, & Wada Maaya, totalling 9 members.

^
    ^
    ^
    ^Good day support. :)
    I agree with most of your points. About point 1, if withstanding pressure is one of the requirement for being centre, Ikoma certainly doesn't meet this requirement unfortunately, & don't appear very professional as a result. Examples of these including running away from reporters during the Parco interviews & crying frequently (once during Parco, once in Kimi na Na wa Kibou selection, on various T.V. program appearances, etc.) Showing tears once in a while to under certain circumstances might not be a bad thing, as some ppl said her tears during Ngzk's appearances in one of AKB's RH even was very moving. Unfortunately Ikoma she cries too much tho.

I don't think not being used to change is an issue actually. From what I now there always seems to be a lot more ppl wanting a change in centre than those who do not. Regarding point 3 tho, I have to say Ikoma doesn't quite personify Nogizaka for me. Well I can see AKB, SKE, NMB & HKT's image being exemplified by their respective group, Ikoma doesn't quite do that methink. This is not to say there's anything wrong with Ikoma, but rather that Nogizaka for me is characterized as a group filled with talented ojousamas that are elegant yet personable, a little dorky but slightly so, & Ikoma isn't quite that. Ikoma is a tomboyish girl that is very unique within Nogizaka methink. She will always have her place in Nogizaka, but her place is not to be representative of Nogizaka imo. For me, Nogizaka's image is best exemplified by Maiyan & Ikuchan I think.

As for my personal thoughts,
    I'm very happy about Maiyan becoming centre. Maiyan, along with Nanamin & Sayurin, have always been miles ahead of the rest of the field popularit-wise, & I think its fair to say they are the cornerstone of Nogizaka. I think its only fair that they get a chance at the front row. This is certainly the most dramatic change in Nogizaka's line up I have seen as of yet.

While I have been ecstatic about the change in the front row, this line is bittersweet for me. While I am a little disappointed to not see any first-time hachifukujin, what struck me the most was that there was once again no first time senbatsu members. Looking at it, I am very surprised that Misamisa, Yukina, & Himetan have yet to enter senbatsu even once. If it is up to be, I would swap these members & some other unders with members like say, Marika, Yuttan, Sayunyan, Minami, & Manatsu, not necessary because I like some of these members over the others, but rather because I really wish these unders can at least enter senbatsu once.

All in all I am very happy with Maiyan being made centre tho. She is alrdy immensely popular & well-connected to various resources considering her recent slew of magazine shoots & TV programs hosting. Same thing goes for Nanamin & Sayurin, as they are now starring in drama & taking part in some form of programs or another (Nanamin for ZIP! & Sayurin for her show on NicoNico Douga). Some fans have been concerned about a stagnation after Kimi no Na wa Kibou, since its sales were not significantly better than Seifuku. With all the popularity & resources at their disposal alrdy, I am sure the new front will be able to push Nogizaka forward, unless the new single is a complete let-down I suppose.

3. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

You know rust i've been wondering this for awhile but what cultural custom drives you to always say good day whenever you respond to someone on this forum? (I'm not asking this out of annoyance i just genuinely curious)

4. satyandanur

satyandanur Kenkyuusei

Yay for Maiyan - Sayurin in front line ! :D
    Happy for Bebitan in Senbatsu and Kazumin back to 8fukujin !
    Kinda suprised actually for Ikoma ..
    Manattan and Hoshimina.... [sealed]

5. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

^
    ^Good day mieniem! :)
    To be honest this habit have nothing to do with any cultural customs. :D
    I just heard it one day, & thought its sounds nice! :XD:
    I also liked that it is applicable all day (unlike good morning for example.) & it just become a habit afterward lol. :lol:

6. Rana

Rana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

Maiyan center, oh my dream come true and nanami with sayuri, no more happier, this is will my most favor single
    Myain is most popular member, she desever that

7. monomark

monomark Kenkyuusei

Hm, interesting choice for center. Compared to Ikomachan, Maiyan is older and much more mature-looking (as are the other two) so I wonder if this single will be any different as a result?

For sure I would've thought that if anyone else was going to be center for a single other than Ikoma, it would've been Ikuchan but I guess not! :blink:

8. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHnCUpS6mT4[/yt]

So....looks like she didn't take the news too well....Hoshimina seemed relieved though...and the girl on the radio had a cute reaction!

9. hinatan

hinatan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawagohina

I am disappointed. I waited out until the Doko episode, but this was nothing but bittersweet

Maiyan is the group's new center (hopefully only for now). She's already twice as popular as everyone else in the group and is enough to standalone. Now, she'll be about 5x as more popular as everyone else in the group. I guess this is a good decision to cater to the casual fans that swear by maiyan's name for nogizaka. If you look at parco results and etc, everyone sees Ikuchan as the face of nogizaka. Heck, even Kazumin played as alice a couple of times. I guess I wouldnt mind it as much if kazumin was put up to the front like how reika was during hashibiku, but this won't be good.. and just when ikoma was seeing results. Im afraid that this won't gain attention onto nogizaka, but instead attention onto maiyan. She already has tons of deals and offers being in the 2nd row, now it will get too crazy. even a male model some time ago liked Nogizaka for maiyan & follows them for her, goes to her hs, etc..

and there are no new additions to the line-up. Bebitan has been in senbatsu twice now. there are 9 girls that still haven't. most likely by the next single we'll see 2nd gen girls to the front, so the girls that haven't made it yet will be forever given up on.. Yukina had the flu at that time, but I would still want to see her make it. Her fans & Misa's fans gave up because mngmt refused to promote them. Near the beginning, Yukina was the 2nd most popular UG too. Misa went from selling all of her HS blocks to barely one at the moment. the most logical thing about this senbatsu is probably the top 8, however. I feel bad for manatsu since she had to go sky-diving and saw results with her push but they chose to demote her NOW with hoshimina. they aren't even in the same league, lol.. but I shouldn't feel too bad, cause inside i actually wanted this.

Sigh, i guess I have to look forward to a Maiyan centre nogizaka and sayuringo butchering the songs right up front..

10. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

The parco results are just one particular type of results and we mustn't forget that acting ability is a factor in those results, something we know Ikuta has quite some skill in.
    I mean even if Mai is well loved by the fans there is always hesitance by some people when popularity isn't the factor that fans must be making their judgment by.

11. hinatan

hinatan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawagohina

^ @Mieniem
    I don't think being skillful in acting affects the results of parco. The members were to showcase a talent, and Ikuchans was opera singing iirc. Maybe it would affect the results if the judges weren't the audience. Even if they were required to act as part of the audition I don't think a bunch of idol fans will make seemingly good judges. I do believe parco is wrong for me to base things off, because the voting scenario weighed at about 70% popularity and 30% talent.

I actually predicted ikoma-chan to step down, but not down-down..maybe just moved to the left/right. nogizaka still has an issue with their foundation. hachifukujin changes almost every other single, their centers have been ikoma/ikuta/hoshino/nakada/sakurai/shiraishi/matsumura/hashimoto thus far. Hopefully with the next single mngmt comes to a clear consensus of who they want, and hopefully its ikuchan or ikoma.

12. Rana

Rana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka

seem most every comments in news site are happy with Mai center, if that, why dont do that? for fan? why Ikoma must be center when last 5 singles she didnt provide her fan and her popular? I dont say she has not talent or charm or aura but if a member can not provide herself with many chances, should take it for another member?

with me, I'm waiting this day since they debut

13. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

^
    ^Good day hinatan. ^_^
    I wouldn't count the entire front bench as centres, as I think Ikoma's position have always been much more significant than the two positions beside her. Based on that, Ngzk have had 2 centre thus far, Ikoma & Maiyan. I wouldn't count the girl who was selected centre during audition & left early, since that was too long ago before anything was done (before NogiDoko even).

About changes in hachifukujin, I think fans in general want more changes for it, not less. I think this is true even for the front row too. I for one was hoping to see some new faces in hachifukujin, & considered members like Maimai & Myumyu candidates.

As for Nogizaka's foundation/identity, I do think Nogizaka alrdy have one. For me, Nogizaka is a group composed of a bunch of talented ojousamas, whom are also dorky & personable, & very artistic. One of my problem with Ikoma being centre is that she didn't quite exemplify this identity of Ngzk imo, whereas I think all the other centres were able to do so for their respective group. I don't want this to be read as a dislike for Ikoma, I just don't think she's the most befitting for Ngzk's centre position.

14. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Besides that not having a solid 8 is not a bad thing, truth is while we always want the top members to be in sembatsu we want to see all the possibilities to be sure that is the top 16, we need to see all members get in and see if they can stay there. Plus if the gap between the 8 and 9 isn't high of course it won't be stable since changes can easily happen.

15. hinatan

hinatan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawagohina

^
    ^ Hi rust
    the fans only wanted changes in hachifukujin when it was still Hoshimina..etc. I wouldn't want to see anymore changes except maybe swap Ikuchan around back to the front row. I think the only interchangeable one is Reika at the moment, though since Nogizaka is rivaling AKB its pretty suitable that their captain is guaranteed a kami-spot. If this was a sister group, if wouldnt really be much of a problem to switch her with MaiMai. For e.g. SKE's captain Rikako has only been in 2 ske single senbatsus.
    I think the main problem is that there are no new additions and 9 girls who still haven't been given a chance in senbatsu which is my concern, especially with 2nd gen having a shot at 7th single..
    Aside from that, the centre ordeal is only my personal concern.

16. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

^Isn't the solution obvious? To be as different from AKB48 as possible, they should start releasing double A-side singles with two senbatsu's. :lol:

That's one trick the ol' fatman Akimoto hasn't pulled yet...

17. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

Good day hinatan, mieniem, & PoIyrhythm. ^_^
    I'm not sure about that actually. From what I know, the promise was initially that each senbatsu will bring about changes & that fans was upset with the lack thereof. Minami being placed significantly above her popularity was certain one of the compliant, but I don't think it is the sole reason. I guess I just don't think the fandom will be entirely happy if hashifukujin remains unchanged like this say for the next two or three singles. Personally I think there should still be change for future hashifukujin, to act as an incentive for members to improve themselves & for fans to support their oshis.

I not sure having the captain guaranteed a hachifukujin spot is a good idea tho. From what I know, Japanese discussion that have been more critical of Hoshimina, Ikoma, Manatsu, & Reika are now more focused on Reika now as the prior three are all demoted to varying degree. I am not against having Reika in hashifukujin, I just think she shouldn't be guaranteed a spot, as this can relieve anti from focusing on her & also allow for greater flexibility in hashifukujin selection.

Aside from that, I think its fair to say most of us would like to see members that have never entered senbatsu have a try. I guess the question will be how can we make this possible in future singles with the 2nd gen incoming. They are set to appear on the 16nin no Principal deux stage infact.

This is an interesting suggestion lol.:p
    Not sure about practicability tho, since it's never done before. Maybe you should mail Aki-p bout it. [hehe]

As for me, I'm hoping they expand senbatsu from 16 members to around 24. Words are there are around 12~15 2nd gen members, expanding senbatsu to around 24 will encompass roughly half of Nogizaka's would-be size, & can allow for the remaining unders to be rotated in if the selection are done right.

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

damn, what a painful episode to watch.

19. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

^Tha's true sadly. It is better than the last single's announcement tho, where they have to go & flip a cardboard to see whether they where in senbatsu or not by themselves.

Also, here's a video of the senbatsu announcement during the HS event.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfbxJiGdJc[/yt]

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

thanks rust.

See Ikoma in a more cheerful state makes me respect her. I think she know it is for the sake of the group so instead of piting herself, she is happy for maiyan.