1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] SDN48 - [GAGAGA] (2010/11/24)

Discussion in 'SDN48 News & Discussion' started by aakun, Sep 9, 2010.

1. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] SDN48 - [TBD] (2010/11/24)

[party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party]

YAY!!! I'm so happy for her.

2. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

~Clearly~ it should have been Nachu, but Chen Qu is okay too, I guess.

3. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

ok, i'll try to be as neutral in my post as possible. work with me guys.

first of all, i respect chen qu as a performer, and i personally think she is in no way lacking of dedication when it comes to being an sdn48 member. she rocks on stage, has a really good sense of humor, and overall a really great idol/performer. i'm only going to be posting this because i wouldn't want people in s48 to continue missing the big picture of what can happen in the next few months.

with regards to chen qu getting picked for senbatsu, i personally think this would be a big gamble when it comes to her future popularity. at first glance, getting picked for the next single definitely promises popularity as she will be seen by people in the pv, will be attending the promotion activities, etc. however, i am afraid that there is also a big chance that this will impact her popularity in a negative way.

for those who followed the process of how the senbatsu was chosen for this single, one could safely say that there was little to almost no possibility that chen would have been number 13. the senbatsu for this single was chosen thru gree blog access, download of profile pictures, and voting thru the tv asahi's website, and if you followed the results closely, chen only showed up at the last part. nacchu, misa, aikawa and other girls were all having a close fight for the last spot.

now with chen qu's promotion to senbatsu, people reacted and will be reacting as we all know that the management completely disregarded the rules for the senbatsu selection. getting number 13 and placing her in senbatsu when number 12 drops out is just too simple a logic. the most plausible reason for promoting chen qu would be due to the recent pr activities of the management in trying to sell the concept of akb to china. this ofcourse would not sit very well with the japanese fans, and more so to those fans who actually did everything they could to support the other girls that would have had the chance to get into senbatsu. chen has fans in the theater, some of whom i personally know, and people like her for who she is. now with what the management has done, the possibility of people hating her for being favored just because of her nationality is almost unavoidable. the sad part is, chen qu may have done nothing in this whole stunt that the management has decided to pull off, and will still be the one suffering the consequences should the plan backfire.

as for me, i congratulate and pity chen qu at the same time. the girl has been working very hard, and has been an incredible performer in the theater. i have no problems whatsoever if she won a senbatsu spot. but right now i'm more concerned on how she will take the criticisms that might be going her way. and, though i really hope this wouldn't happen, but this might even make other members treat her differently from now on. i would really hate to see sdn's teamwork crumble this early.

with that said, i will be following the reactions of fans closely for the next few weeks. the results of this stunt should be pretty interesting.

4. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Ya but Nacchu is sexy and works hard and does 2nd gen stages. She also had to do that ugly witch thing for Majijo Teppen Blues

5. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Ugly witch thing? [wonder]

6. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Ya they made her seem all gross in the PV

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Uh...that's her character in the drama, Majisuka Gakuen. From which the song and PV are based.

If you haven't seen it, I do suggest that you give it a look.

:-/

8. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Oh hahaha okay because I didn't really understand it, I'm all EWWWWWWWWWW XD

Thanks for telling me!

9. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

From the Aki Matsuri thread:

Ahhhhhh it needs leaks, NOW! <3 (>.<)

10. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

11. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Re: [SINGLE] SDN48 - [GAGAGA!] (2010/11/24)

^
    OMG, I just did NOT think about Lady Gaga the first time I read that... :fp: lol!

Other than that, I look forward to it. XD

12. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Excited to hear this, I might just have to suck it up and listen to the radio rip or something if we get that soon. I've been very excited for this for a while now. Any news on what type of song it is?

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

First thought: Why does it say 'GAGA' as a thread title... and then I read the title.

I have no clue what to expect.

14. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

^
    I can't read the title without my mind going:

Rah, rah, ah, ah, ah
    Roma, roma, ma, ah
    Gaga, ooh, la, la~

:D
    But SDN's should be a great song...I wonder how "GAGAGA!" is sung in the lyrics...definitely picturing a fast-paced song.

15. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

.... wtf

16. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

The costumes look really good...

17. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

Yeah gaga did get to my mind aswell when i read it....... But I do like their outfits * U *

18. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

Hahahaha I thought of Lady Gaga too! Maybe that's their selling point, shes so popular in Japan (well everywhere) [hehe]
    I'm so excited for this single, even more excited than I was for SKE's debut single.

About the outfits, I love them, its a blend of military styling with the color tones reminiscent of a maid cafe.
    Perfect for a debut single of an idol group with a more mature concept! [party]

19. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

YES, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I first saw the picture but I couldn't grasp my head around to what it was. I was trying to decide what they had to combine with maid outfits to make this, and now it makes sense with the military look.

Looks promising >_<

20. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

I don't see mail café but more like flight attendant and military mix