1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single SKE48 22nd [Muishiki no Iro] (2018/01/10)

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Akarin

Akarin Kenkyuusei

I would love Egochan as center, so cute.

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Good things as there won't be schedule conflict for her. Not sure if it can be classified as hate though since she is one of the senbatsu staple prior.

3. kira7x

kira7x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think Yunana should be center again, she did a great job.

MY HOPES:

Ryoha third row
    Ego Yuna, Kanon, Ruka and Saki OUT
    Sato Kaho, Yoshino, Airi and Takahata IN

4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Why are people so against Ryoha?!?! She did well double centering 12-gatsu, as well as the units she did center; she's pretty, young enough, and if AKB can wait for the likes of Kato Rena to gain traction and be popular, surely the same thing can be done for Ryoha.

I think those in the World Order - Singularity PV should be included as well, or if not possible, at least most of them. That PV could have made casuals check SKE out.

5. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Please NO.
    Yuna is so young and ranked pretty high compared to other SKE girls.
    Let her stay in senbatsu, just please lol.

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    She was so awkward centering 12 gatsu.. and while she's pretty.. she just doesn't have that "it" factor. She lacks charisma...like Jurina or Matsui Rena.... Good enough for a senbatsu member but not as a center/next ace... she's not even that good performer to be in the first row IMO.

Yuna, I feel, is the next best thing for SKE after Jurina/Nao.

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Nao!?!?!?!?! Okaaaaay.....

8. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Yuna? Do you mean Ego or Obata?

Doesn't matter they're both meh

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
  9. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    This is gonna be interesting. Yunana center really revitalized the group and had a lot of fans saying "told ya so", so what management does next will say a lot. Do they listen and carry on the momentum with Yunana and/or another fresh center, or do they chicken out and default back to Jurina again?

I'd prefer either Yunana wcenter (someone close in age) or different young wcenters. Feels like it's time for the "revolution" in SKE and it would be really disappointing for it to stop at just Yunana.

Obvioulsy I love Churi and want her to center, but I think Yunana center changed things, and going back to older members now might be a step back. Plus Churi is the only member not named Matsui with a shot at graduation single center, so it's more likely management would wait for that. (I hate that it's even a "shot". With all she's done, it would be a given in any other group)

Even Nao center doesn't feel like the right time to me. Maybe a wcenter though. But I think she's better suited for the cool image songs, and it's hard to match young members with that.

In fact, this is just my opinion, but I think the whole cool image and dance that set SKE apart in the past doesn't even fit them anymore and they should move on. At least when it comes to singles and the identity of the group. Songs like Chicken LINE and Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai do not suit the current SKE. More youthful energetic songs and summer songs for the young girls who will be the identity of the group moving forward.

Okay now I'm just rambling. I'll stop.
    No wait. Mizuno Airi, future ace, needs a mention. I hope she gets in.
    There I'm done.

10. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

She didn't rank #14 at this year's sousenkyo for no reason

also.. watch Chicken Line performance (the one where Jurina was absent) from SKE theater... Nao owned that perforance

11. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Totally agree with my feathery friend here. I think Igai ni Mango's success has shown a way forward for the group that has resonated well with most fans and seems to lead to a bright future. Whether that's the path that'll be maintained is to be seen.

A lot of the dark/funky tropes of the past few singles (Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai/Chicken LINE) had clearly grown old, especially with the same old faces. I do think that dark imagery is key for SKE but perhaps we just need(ed) a break. It feels tired at this point, but just like Mango revitalized the group, so can younger members revitalize that trope.

Churi has mentioned time and time again that the role of the older members is to provide an impetus for the younger members to reach new heights. That seems difficult to accomplish when they are being limited in the senbatsu and older members are placed in the center position, so I really don't think the time is right for an older member to be center. On the topic of Churi for center, she is very busy with two plays and a movie for next year, so with a lot of December and January taken up that alone makes it look extremely unlikely, to say the least.

My current preference is for a YuRara wcenter. I feel that the time is ripe to have someone else share the center with Yunana to build on Mango's success. I agree that Airi should get in in the future, she's fantastic. I'm not sure about now though.

The biggest problem is how to manage this boom of amazing young members. You only have a limited amount of senbatsu spots due to fixed spots. There's no shortage of candidates to add in, and I think that rotating members in and out is a good idea, but that comes with the danger that they appear transient and don't have an impact.

It'll be interesting to see if they attempt to balance the senbatsu or maintain a KII majority. I would be in favour of rotating KII members in order to both get more KII members in (who clearly deserve a shot) as well as to give some breathing room to the other teams as well.

The time also feels right for the inclusion of a second 8th gen member, which would likely be Satokaho or Yokonyan, due to their promotions, overall popularity, and sell outs at handshakes.

PS: Get Sugawara back in please : )

12. Yagami rena

Yagami rena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    For center either yunana or jurina is okay
    Want nao to get center but in someway kinda feel weird but still wish nao get wcenter with someone
    Seriously want mizuno in senbatsu

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

13. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Mango was a success?

14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

A big increase in sales.

Nao is an alright choice, wouldve been better if she is like 2 years younger. I think they should stick to Yunana center for another single or at least a wcenter. Then keep her in 2nd/3rd position in the 3rd single.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  15. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Interesting... I probably checked it out before but I can't remember what it sounds like

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Eh... it sold 270k on day 1, which is just 20k more than Kin no Ai?

Or are we using Billboard weekly numbers?
    Mango sold 370k while Kin got 326k.

Still, I don't see that increase as big.
    Also, isn't Mango the first one where they're using the endless rounds for HS sales system? Of course its charting power is gonna be better.

17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Nope. I can confirm they already used that on 2nd Album.
    http://shop.mu-mo.net/st/special/ske48_2ndal/list.html?jsiteid=mumo

Though to be fair, I suspect this endless round HS system (on 5th round) has been going for a long time, to Maenomeri beyond. Just not through MuMo.
    Edit: http://sp.mu-mo.net/shop/r/ske48_7thsg/ This one is for OkiDoki. Change the "7th" to any number after that and you'll find the practice has been going for a long time.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  18. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    unless some funky small senbatsu happens and it's 16 again, I can see 11 people as almost sure picks - Jurina, Nao, Minarun, Dasu, Churi, Ryoha, Yuna, Yunana, Sally, Rara, Kuma. I'd also say Yukina, paradoxically because of her age. Kaho should be in imo. Nakkii would deserve it if only for SSK, maybe same for Yuki? Last place... say Renahyu.

Then there are the other 10+ people I would love to see in and could make a strong case for...

As I wrote before, I see Yunana and/or Nao as the most likely centers but I'm totally ok with anything non-Jurina.

19. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Actually, SKE has as many energetic idol songs as dark dance songs, if not more. I can count cool singles one hand: Tsuyoki Mono yo, KataFai, Utsukishii Inazuma, and ofc the recent Chicken Line and Kin no Ai. Where as with energetic idol singles we have Banzai Venus, Pareo, Oki Doki, Aishiteraburu, 12-gatsu, Coquettish, Mango, etc. not to mention the more quirky ones but still energetic 1!2!3!4, Mirai to wa. My point is, SKE’s original identity is bright summer idol songs, not dark ones, we just see so many of them in the past 2 or 3 years because it was the trend (and still is).

Personally, I am happy with singles like Mango, the old SKE vibe, and cool songs as B-side because SKE still has many good dancers and they should capitalize on that too.

Kin no Ai was released a few months after Chicken Line and Mango after 11 months of no single (the album is promoted very pourly) so I’d say fans are desperated.

About center. Jurina would likely center the 10th anniversary single, just like Takamina did. So I’d rather they use this opportunity on anyone else.

20. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    fyi, AKB's 10th anniversary single is centered by Sakura