1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Audition SKE48 8th Generation Auditions Thread

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 9, 2016.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Announced Today (During the Live Line Event) , SKE48's 8th Generation Auditions were announced. Applications period (Mail and Web) Begins tomorrow (August 10, 2016 at 12am) and ends on September 9th at 23:59:59. Girls Must Be 11 to 22 Years old.

[​IMG]

Video of the Announcement

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. kkitty

kkitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuriharasae
    But... 7D2 mostly haven't gotten their chance to shine yet- only Rara and to some extent Yunana and Kano have gotten exposure... so much potential wasted again.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

ARE YOU ******** KIDDING ME?!?!?!

SKE teams are full (except for E, I guess) and they still have 13 KKS. They can really work with what they have, unlike AKB, who is IN ACTUAL NEED OF A NEW GEN.

I really hope AKB announces theirs during the ranking girls concert or janken at the latest. This is getting ridiculous.

Ohwell.

On the other hand, it's good news that, even with the declining sales and blablabla, management is still pushing the franchise ahead.

4. KNS48

KNS48 Kenkyuusei

hmm.. Makiko said it's been 2 year since the last audition but is that actually true? Feels like 7D2 just joined...

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It's stretching it a bit, IMO.
    The 7th gen was unveiled in March 2015, so... no.

Maybe she means when the audition started? Then I guess it was at the end of 2014, but still... a stretch.

And I hope they ditch the draft. It's basically pointless right now.

6. Marieyu48

Marieyu48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Wow it's too early! I was expecting AKB's 16th gen instead of this cuz AKB really needs it :^^;:

7. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    It's WAY too soon for them to have an audition. However, I am still going to be that idiot foreigner that applies. I personally wasn't expecting this till next year. I was expecting AKB48's around this time.

8. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Someone should be telling Management, that business theory doesn't apply to the number of Idols in a group. It's totally okay to have it not growing for a while. -.-

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You do remember this, don't you?

10. darkserenity24

darkserenity24 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotorara
    Conjecture: SKE is desperate for another Jurina. They have never really recovered from losing Rena, Akari is leaving soon, Ryoha was underwhelming for them and they're not willing to wait for Rara.

You are going to need more luck than a stormtrooper hoping to improve his accuracy. I hope you do get a face to face interview at least.

11. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    another mass graduation is going to happen. can't see an other reason too add a new generation when half of the 7D2 KKS haven't been promoted. drafties and other popular KKS might be promoted to fill the positions of those soon-to-be graduated members, and since it seems that management wants to keep their Kenkyuusei team...

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

...They follow their pattern to start audition when theater roster need to be filled, at least.

13. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I don't think its bad at all.

They got 3 really good potentials from 7th gen (Obata Nojima Rara) and they're probably thinking they might find another couple. It usually takes between 3-5 years after a member joins to become really popular. If they can get just 2 more of the same potential, thats 5 girls who can be at the top of SKE after jurina graduates, and at the moment SKE really has nobody who really looks like a top member after jurina will leave. I'm hoping they add around 5-10 members, another 15 would be too much.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

15. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    There different place though nogi audition in tokyo, ske in nagoya, hmm how many people audition for ske before(gen 4, 5, 6, 7) ?

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Is that an official number though?

I find it hard to believe that just 2k girls want to join SKE.
    BNK hasn't even debuted and got a similar number.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

here is the past data

SKE48オーディションの応募者数
    第1期 2,670名
    第2期 3,248名
    第3期 2,396名
    第4期 5,888名
    第5期 5,988名
    第6期 6,682名

18. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I guess its about 2500-3000+ when the deadline end, its actually not too bad if we consider the ske situation right now....
    And akb audition is coming, so girls with access to tokyo prob choose the mainship

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

That's obvious. Tokyo-based Idol group will have better access to, if not higher demographic of fans, the media from capital.
    Somehow I don't want to compare with the applicant number for Nogi 3rd gen. Not until I know how many applying for the flagship.:^^;:

20. trxsh

trxsh Member

Yep, 2k is low. There's already numerous survey data that's been posted here showing that SKE is the group with the least public interest of the 48groups for the past year+, the most notable eg being the Nikkei entertainment data, yet people act like this is some shocking news everytime this is brought up :^^;:
    Hopefully the result is that there are some serious and ambitious applicants who realise there are no star members in SKE and aim to fill that void rather than joining to follow a trend, ala 8th gen AKB and the like. Even better if they come in with some talent!