1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

SKE48 Singles Could/Should Have Been Centers

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by Jurinavenclaw, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    SKE now has 27 singles under its belt. A good number of these singles were either solo or double-centered by Jurina. As a Jurina fan myself, of course I am happy she got those opportunities. However, I do feel some songs should/could have been centered by another member, not only for the sake of the group (having more members getting casuals to notice them) but for Jurina herself (less pressure, less reason for people to hate on her). Some A-sides, in my opinion, fit other members' image better, and for some cases, could have been an opportunity to push fresh faces.

So just for fun and discussion sake, please share your thoughts on A-sides that would have suited another member better or if you think a different member centering a single would have benefited the group more.

As for me, here are some of my thoughts:

Kataomoi Finally:
    Should have been a Rena solo-center song. Rena is a good actress and does well with serios and strong facial expressions. I also think Rena deserved a couple of solo-centers under her belt and not just a graduation single.

Chicken Line:
    I personally like the Ryoha-push and I do think if management was a bit more aggressive with her push, she could have become more popular and might have made her stay longer in the group. The song's PV anyway had her as the hero in the end. Putting her as center would have been a fresh take for SKE.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    Tsuyokimono yo: 100% Jurina

Aozora Kataomoi: 100% Jurina

Gomen ne Summer: actually I would have liked a Jurina/Churi WCenter

1!2!3!4! YOROSHIKU!: Jurina/Churi WCenter
    I think Churi could have brought a better energy to this song than Rena, also that's weird, but the combination of her skin & hair colour would fit the song's atmosphere more than Rena's & ofc her hair style.

Banzai Venus: 100% Jurina

Pareo wa Emerald: Kuumin/Jurina WCenter
    It's the attitude again.

Oki Doki: actually I would have prefered a Dasu/Yukko WCenter, bcs their looks are bolder/naughtier

Kataomoi Finally: Jurina/Rena WCenter as usual, bcs actually Jurina gives me more lesbian vibes than Rena xD

Aishiteraburu!: Jurina/Yukko WCenter.
    Imo Yukko deserved also a second push and her smile would have made Jurina's awesome charisma complete.

Kiss Datte Hidarikiki: Jurina/Kuumin WCenter, bcs can we just talk how beautiful Kuumin looked in this white dress?

Choco no Dorei: Kuumin solo center, as it was her graduation single. And she could have emodied this song well.

Utsukushii Inazuma: Manatsu/Nao WCenter dua to their visual appearance

Sansei Kawaii: can't imagine anything else than Jurina/Rena WCenter

Mirai to wa?: Kitagawa Ryoha solo center to promote their new kenkyuusei + visuals

Bukiyou Taiyou: Yukko solo center, she was awesome & underrated & deserved a graduation single.

12gatsu no Kangaroo: Ryoha/Ami WCenter great idea to push

Conquettish Juutai Chuu: Churi/Harutamu WCenter. Their charisma would support the song's relaxed positive atmosphere.

Maenomeri: Rena solo Center (it was absolutely her moment to shine & hers only

Chicken Line: Churi/Jurina WCenter to create sth similar to UZA

Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai: Churi/Jurina WCenter to create sth similar to GREEN FLASH

Igai ni Mango: 100% Yunana

Muishiki no Iro: that was supposed to be Jurina solo center, to celebrate SKE48's 10th anniversary

Ikinari Punch Line: 1000% Jurina, like it's THE Jurina song

Stand by you: 100% Jurina

FRUSTRATION: 100% Furuhata Nao sex appeal

Soyutoko Aruyone?: Churi solo center, dress & makeup fitted her better, her dance with the long hair bouncing a little would look cute + it's her graduation single. And Dasu looked like she was in her mid 40s in this MV.

Koi Ochi Flag: 100% Jurina, graduation single.

3. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    This is fun thread idea!

Tsuyokimono yo: Matsui Jurina only
    Aozora Kataomoi: Matsui Jurina only
    Gomen ne, Summer: Matsui Jurina/Mukaida Manatsu (her name even means midsummer like come on)
    1234 Yoroshiku: Matsui Jurina/Yagami Kumi
    Banzai Venus: Matsui Rena/Yagami Kumi
    Pareo wa Emerald: Yagami Kumi (I'm not even a Kuumin oshi, I just think she had so much untapped center potential)
    Oki Doki: TAKAYANAGI AKANE! This was released right after the Ramune no Nomikata Stage debuted, what a moment it would have been for Team KII
    Kataomoi Finally: Kinoshita Yukiko/Ogiso Shiori
    Aishiteraburu!: Suda Akari/Yakata Miki
    Kiss Datte Hidarikiki: Matsui Jurina/Kizaki Yuria
    Choco no Dorei: Yagami Kumi (not giving her a center for her last single was a crime)
    Utsukushii Inazuma: Kinoshita Yukiko/Matsui Rena
    Sansei Kawaii!: Matsui Jurina/Kizaki Yuria
    Mirai to wa?: Furuhata Nao (not having a new gen girl for a song about the future... why.)
    Bukiyou Taiyou: Furuhata Nao (her vocals would have been a great way to start this song)
    12gatsu no Kangaroo: Furuhata Nao/Kitagawa Ryoha. (I think pushing Ami into center was too much for her, especially with the pressure to start doing gravure that can with it (she talked about this in a magazine interview). I think this should have been a normal Senbatsu for her. I say that as a huge Ami fan!)
    Coquettish Juutai Chuu: Matsui Jurina/Shibata Aya (Aya was so popular, and I think this song would have really suited her cute but flirtatious energy)
    Maenomeri: Matsui Rena
    Chicken LINE: Azuma Rion/Furuhata Nao
    Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai: Furuhata Nao
    Igai ni Mango: KUMAZAKI HARUKA!!!! Yunana was a great center, but again, pushing her so hard was too much. Kumachan would have been more prepared in my opinion.
    Muishiki no Iro: Matsui Jurina. It should have been her for the 10th anniversary.
    Ikinari Punch Line: Matsui Jurina
    Stand by you: ONCE AGAIN KUMAZAKI HARUKA! The lack of Kumachan push is unbelievable
    FRUSTRATION: Furuhata Nao
    Soyutoko Aruyone?: Takayanagi Akane, it suits her energy and should have been her graduation send off
    Koi Ochi Flag: Matsui Jurina
    Ano Koro no Kimi wo Mitsuketa: Aoumi Hinano, I'm baffled that they're not pushing her more when she would have been a perfect center

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021