1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka? (2020/10/19-)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Interesting. Fortunately there are ppl who are drawn to them and are loving them and the show. This week's variety trended while hinaiAi didn't. It's really something and it makes me realise ppl are talking abt it more. People will like them the least but as fans leave them so they will gain more. At the moment, I am only seeing their growth and like all things that are reborn, they will reach that stage where it would be alright. I personally don't see their variety as forced. It's natural to me compared to the days when they were so gloomy it was so obvious they weren't there. This time, you can see they are having much fun and i think those who religiously watched keyakake can see that. But every one and their opinion. For me, i am loving them whether they are boring or not, happy or sad, funny or not. We can't always have comedy. There are so many comedians. What SokoSaku is showing is the idol show i have always wanted. It has the seriousness, the funny, the crazy, the boredom, the shyness, all the things i see in daily life that make me see them as just the normal girl next door. I am loving it & i hope it continues to get more exciting.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    The only thing I find forced about the show is Matsuda's quips in the background.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I see we are all heartbroken by the comment lol

Anyway...

I'm getting my subbed rewatch on and I wanna state how much I love the fact Habu grew up so much, yet she had never lost that absolute Habuness that made her stand out in her unique way. Never change!
    I thought Karin would get the Nobody's Fault right lol she looked so professional in her stillness, I was amazed! [hehe] on the other hand Hikaru timing variety-wise has been perfect :rofl:

Loved the punishment game. It always surprise me the way Hikaru just switch on even when there's stuff she doesn't like. I don't know if it's just a personality trait or competiveness or something else, but I love it. And all the group had been very funny.
    When Yuuka came out I lost it too :rofl:(Miichan was kind of perfect too)

Risa slayed the Narcisist game.. to see her finally like this is a pleasure. She always had this playfull side of her in the behind-something pics and members blogs... I hope she find a balance between this and her beautifully cool aura.

Loved Hono too, she had this innate ability to laugh at herself and make people laugh without trying to. just a question though... are we gonna call her Pooh now?
    Let me know, please.

I loved Pon's part so much. It had nothing to do with variety, but the girls are right; she came so far finally and helps the groups so much. I'm quite proud:inlove:

Ten is just the group baby. Everytime I realize this it makes me quite worried but we are not going to have a repeat. Saku members grew a lot and the new gen is there as well. Ten is gonna be spoiled by everyone lol Especially Oneesan Yui and Risa [hehe]
    ...not Riko, because Riko is a spoiled kid too lol

Buddies choreo is growin on me. I miss full group senbatsu dancing, but we are pretty solid in the three main songs.

About Marina... I dunno, staff could chose to tune her down, yet they are pushing her answers/reactions... I think it's a necessary choice until the other girls don't step up their reaction game. Pon's comments are pushed the same way, but their style is so different it may seems less forced.

• Like Like x 3
  4. kxony

kxony Kenkyuusei

First of all, what a HUGE missed opportunity to put Oonuma in the first game. Just the possibilities of her being her "normal" self trying to count the song's tempo would bring amazing laughs (yes, I'm bias)

What else can I say that was not addressed already? As the youngest of the group, Ten sure pampers her onee-sans. And what is this game Kira wants to play in the park? Maybe we can make a location shot there in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @SteCola

First of all I have to comment on your sincerity to express your opinion openly and politely without considering the upcoming "crucifixion". Four months ago I would have been one of the first to condemn you but I won't do that now.

Of course I disagree with what you say. However, I can see the Nogizaka fanboy speaking here. I see no provocation in what you said about the ex-Keyakis. You see, after my "deep dive" into Nogizaka history, through watching all their variety shows in their numerous formats, heard all of their songs, seen many hours of their concerts and appreciating what they had experienced for nine years, somehow opened my mind to accept what is different.

I like Nogizaka, I like them very much. I also like their small sisters the Hinata girls... Because that's what they are: they carry the same "idol DNA" as Nogizaka but raised as a foster child along the Keyakis. And that is why these two never managed to mingle together. But I like Keyaki girls more: because of not who they are but because of what they are.

And that is exactly the issue here. You are right: Keyakis were so different. Apparently they were not of your liking and they are still not of your liking as Sakurazaka. And who can judge tastes? However, what I was expecting of you to do is to try and understand their struggle to overcome changes that were too overwhelming for any idol group. These girls were forced to start all over again. A hugely succesful Sakamichi group, a group that could rival all previous groups, that could stand on equal levels with their Sakamichi senpais was forced to disband (as if it has been a failed experiment) and do that after a long hibernation of inactivity. These girls are now struggling to rediscover and re-orient themselves, while pretending that "nothing really happened" and that all that did happen was "nobody's fault" (oh the irony of this so revealing title!).

Have you considered how hard it is even to change mannerisms that created what you had become and carried you over five years of idoling (see for example Pe-chan). Of course you see forced smiles, I also see forced smiles. Of course you see awkwardness, I can also feel awkwardness, you don't have to be Japanese with their "zealous attachment to hierarchy" to realize how hard is for the remaining 1st gen to become "one" with the next 2 gens (imagine this happening for Nogizaka between the "godlike" 1st gen and their "obscured slaves" the 2nd gen). You sense that there are over-the-top characters that others laugh AT, as you say, but I see different personalities and, if we are talking about the new girls, we have to consider that they were selected to become Keyakizaka, they were chosen for their peculiarities, for being different from the norm and now they have to carry over the heritage of their senpais under a different name and a different concept.

Give them some time. They create something different every Sunday night. They are all charismatic girls that have to rediscover themselves, treading in unknown ground. Give them some time...

Or simply stop watching them...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Sawabe enjoyed this one again for sure

And of course Risa will be humble and not think she is beautiful, even if we all (and apparently all her group) thinks so. I really enjoy this side of her that we are seeing. The cool girl chara is evolving.

Aboit MaRina, she is dangerously close to being the Ikoma Rina of Sakura - not that I hate Ikoma. I get that not a lot of girls do the BG chatter but maybe...tone it down a bit? Pon's BG chatter is the right mix for me. Then again it may be the editing as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Marina is seriously jeopardising captainship... Someone has to advise her to stop or someone is giving her wrong advice...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Actually I don't want MaRina to stop with the BG chatter completely, I just need her to let the others get their quips in too. Eventually staff had to hard edit Ikoma in NogiDoko and NogiChuu during her time, and if MaRina keeps going like that it might happen to her too

I rarely praise Pon but she has the right idea here: there is no need to comment on every single instance. She picks her moments and there is a balance. Sometimes the silence is necessary and makes moments even better.

9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Yuuka messing her lines again...must be very hard for a princess to play a yankee, LOL
    Ahh, Risa-sama, even when she tries to show a "normal" side to her, she still comes out cool in a exquisite kind of way.
    What was that funny look Kira gave Ten (it was there for just a second, but it was even edited in)...

10. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Indeed that look... I had it on replay again and and again. Guess this is the first ever definition of Kawaii-Killer-Look. I politely ask Oxford and Merriam-Webster dictionarries to create the new entry with Kira-chan's edited photo as a demonstration of that stare.

11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Lol i mean staff-san were also wondering what kinda look that was. I saw it as 'shut up there, or else... ' kinda look lol

12. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    To me it looked like she was wondering who Ten was talking about lol
    I find kind of funnily sad what's happening with Marina.
    Ikoma was a lot of time ago and then there was Techi.. perhaps it's time to accept every girl for who they are. Pro and Cons.

13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Marina, imo, is the kinda girl who is always cheerful, always have something to say. During the hidden cam, i noticed how she paid attention to her gen mates & also how she had something to say to cheer the person up. The bg chatter from her is a lot but it doesn't bother me much cos for someone like her, thats what she can do to not be bored by staying silent. Also, its funny cos what some of us have said abt her chatter sorta reminds me of when Yuuka said staff-san told them to stop with their chattering during their early days, & we all saw what it led too. So staff-san allowing it in their edit must be from them learning from experience. Like, we saw how they edited out Pon's wise-crackers but seeing how smart & funny they are, they started including it. I think if chattering is how MatsuRi can add to the variety, then its ok for me since its mostly her pushing members. Imagine if she stops. We won't get something to talk abt her like we are now

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

The art of Kobayashi's boyaki (ぼやき). She makes snarky comments at the right time. Done right, it is funny, and Koba is doing it right.

Matsuda, on the other hand, is just being boisterous at a level above the rest of the group. She is not quite adding to the flavour of things in the show right now.

FWIW, I favour Tamura being the next captain. I'm not so sure about the vice captain, but interestingly the other two female idol Sakamichi groups do not have a vice captain, nor do some of the 48s. Is Sugai x Moriya a one time aberration?

Reminds me of that Keyabingo yankii episode lol Shida and Nagahama doing that yankii squat.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Maybe Matsuda got tired of being the "digest girl", and decided to try something else? Even Oozono had it in one of her notes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    We are seeing a lot of strange behaviour from many girls lately... Things are stirred up, things seem to get in motion, dynamics are changing. Frankly speaking, I am a bit worried...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Don't really know what you mean, Phil. Show is getting better all the time to me, and the restart has been a success in my view, with the show included.

Now that things are getting better, I really want to get the athletics festival that was promised. Perhaps in between this single and the next?

To make it clear I don't want MaRina to shut down completely, just to pick her moments.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

There is quite a bit of a jump from Keyakakke to Sokosaku, in terms of the girls' behaviours. It feels a little weird after so much of Keyakakke, and it does feel like the whole thing is being driven by gags (mostly). I actually prefer the girls to be more laid back and banter with the MCs. I know this is more difficult for the quieter members, but the more eloquent members can do their part to help things along. Keyakakke/Sokosaku is their home (right from the start), and the point of the variety show is to let them express themselves without worry while having fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    For disambiguation reasons, personally I see forced behaviour. This has nothing to do with the entertaining value of the new model for SokoSaku. Being really funny (genuinely or faking it does not matter) is something different than holding a posture that maybe (I stress this maybe) be completely different from what you feel on the inside.

I would guess that some girls are feeling nostalgic about the old days. I do hope that this DOES NOT happen though. I will be glad if they are ALL feeling happy and ready to move on.

But so far I am not convinced about that and SokoSaku (no matter how differently succesfull) so far did not much to build my confidence.

P.S. Regarding Marina, I was one of the very first that spoke about her leading aura right from the "standing ovation" she instigated right from the very moment she set step on the Keyakake studio floor. After that she built her leading aura episode after episode. This, combined with her amazing MC moments with Takeyui established her as the new captain in the monds of all us fans. Now, she already collected some negative comments from fans...

Of course I do not want her to shut down completely. She is a clever girl and she should know already the value of the wise and famous quotation of my ancient Greek ancestors: "Pan Metron Ariston" meaning "Everything in Moderation"...

20. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Kinda surprised ppl here actually dislike Matsuri's attempt to liven things up. Because of her naturally cheerfull personality, they probably gave her that role so that the group's reaction wont be too 'dull' (aka the soft "eeeehhh", "yadaaaa" and shy laughters). During the 'dark' times of keyakake, I noticed the camera tend to focus on Oda a lot more too for reaction and we hear her laugh a lot in the background. Right now, they're desperate to make the show more lively and interractive on both side, so taking advantage of Matsuri's personality is just part of it. That however comes with expectation, so she may overdo it sometimes. Leaving her that role for too long wont do her or the group any good (look at your comments) so hopefully more members will start to do it like her (I'm looking at Hono and Inori)

• Agree Agree x 3