1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Soko Magattara, Sakurazaka? (2020/10/19-)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    As I wrote in general thread, it seems hinata has a vice (Sarina), someone mentioned it in Hinaroom, but Hina fans should know this better

2. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    I haven't seen all the Hinarooms, but I can't remember a single time Sarina has been referred to as a vice-captain. Doesn't have to mean anything obviously, but it would surprise me if she actually is one.

3. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It was a misunderstanding in twitter. Sarina was vice captain only in an episode of hinabingo it was a team competition. Only kumi as captain in hinatazaka

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  4. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Captain

If this is any accurate and reasonably up to date, a smattering of 48 groups have vice captains, but it's a bit inconsistent. Some would have a co-captain and then no longer have one when the office holder graduates.

5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Thank you for this, it makes more sense then having one and never speak about it lol

@Maeda_Toshiie I feel 48 groups are a whole different world. Having theaters, regular jobs there, being divided into teams and so on it may require more internal organization than Sakamichi groups... or so I presume.
    This said, I like the double captaincy if it's like this one. Senior cap/junior vice has a sort of legacy feeling about it.

6. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    That!

It's like a relay race, a smooth transition from senpai to couhai.

Also:
    On the contrary: Although I do not oshi Akanen she has shown numerous times how kind-hearted and sympathetic she is towards all members. Do not misunderstand her dynamism and willing to excel on everything (i.e. competitism to the extreme) with bullying. I've seen much more "subtle" bullying among the Nogi girls (e.g. bullying Manatsu or their own captain openly in front of the cameras, set aside the bullying of an entire generation - you know which - the cursed one). Of course Nogi girls love each other and have become mostly like sisters but they had their moments and these were strong. And certainly NOT during athletic competitions (the only ones when Nen had her moments).

P.S. I hope you don't mean it but is this the first time we see a fan hoping for an idol to graduate? Am I wrong here? Because if this is the case I would kindly ask you not to become toxic against any idol (especially Sakurazaka).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    ...except there are. I've also been surprised upon noticing this.
    But after giving it a thought, the distinction between 1st/2st gens is quite noticeable in their interactions, more so during radio like Kochihoshi. No way around that Japanese senpai/kouhai thing, I guess.

8. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I mean, I could be not the best Sakurazaka supporter, someone could even call me an hater, I don't mind. But you, trying everytime to discredit and give bad image to Nogi girls / Nogi management or whatever related to Nogizaka (but trying to look like a guy interested and supportive on them to try to make your comments more reliable than just from some random keya fan who don't like them) is kinda pathetic. You obviously have resentment with Nogizaka, don't try to hide it cause it pretty obvious, so stop with these jokes or bring them everytime I have a bad opinion about girls in your favourite group, cause it's even childish to do it, everytime. This is Sakurazaka's thread.

What I talk about is the image (we all know most things are made for variety, don't we? we also know there were lot of real "bullying behind the scenes" rumours in Keyakizaka, but that's a different story), girls with the image as Akanen are not my favourite, I'm more into the Sugai type, we don't know the girls, we just talk about what we see. In Keyakizaka there were too many yankii/emo type for my taste, girls who tried too hard to look as badasses who don't do stupid girly things and are so different (which was all so fake and cringe), most of them already graduated, Akanen is one who still gives me those vibes, but the fact she lost her vice-captain title makes it more evident that they're doing the best to move on from that thing and Sakurazaka is really blooming. I've always liked Marina cause of her elegant bank girl image, so it's a win for Sakura's image the way I would like it, for me.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Which is why naming MaRina vice captain makes sense. Since she's second gen, her batchmates will be more open to her. For reference, an episode of KeyaKake showed Nen going in the 2ki room with hidden cams and instantly the mood in the room changed, even if Nen was being her lovey dovey self.

Part of me thinks that if Yuuka completes her idol journey and leaves, Nen will assume the captaincy since she already has experience. Not a prediction I'd bet money on, but just a thought.

Maybe next week we will see Yuuka and MaRina presenting the relationship charts together?

10. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Were we watching the same show? Nen is a walking embodiment of "stupid girly things" with her beauty expert chara. Not even mentioning that since the beginning she acted burikko more often than any other 1ki member. Such an emo bully, am I right?
    Sorry to break it to you, but if we think objectively, variety in itself is by definition fake and cringe. I mean we all have our preferences, hating on Nen is okay. It's just a not very useful contribution to this forum, that's all.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @SteCola is watching an alternate universe show no one else is getting.
    Asking him to stop this bullshit he keeps promoting year after year for whatever insane reason, is useless.
    He'll keep spreading bullying rumors only for the sake of. Doesn't matter how they did and could still hurt the group, nor how they had already proved to be false.
    For some unknown reason we have to keep him here. At least we know our troll.
    Don't feed him too much
    Happy New Year.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

@SteCola I now somehow think you just got to know keyaki during their distress. Probably arrived during the bunshun rumor days, got stuck on that (which no matter what you say, is still a rumor cos nothing is proven) and has always thought bad of the group, cos all you say are so strange lol. Fans who have religiously followed the group can testify that your description of keyaki and Nen are so not that. Keyaki's concept was born because of the girls, so where are they forcing to fit in the image? How can one force themselves to fit in n image they already are? And your criticism abt Nen kinda says what you think abt strong women. In your world, you probably wouldn't want one around. It's pathetic and sad. Hopedully you can one day realise how wrong you are abt these things

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

The "emergency location shoot" episode (with Fuwa-chan) after Valentine choco episodes where Moriya was the only one who did not receive any giri choco or honmei choco. IIRC, the Moriya's beauty craze was mainly highlighted during that "emergency" episode. I suspect all that is only even partly know by her fellow first gen members.

I personally think the problem comes from a few sources:
    1. The gap b/w first gen and second gen. Until that time, the gap was only partly bridged on a personal basis between individual members (this may still hold true!). Moriya's problem was that she never formed any deeper relationship with any of the second gen. Even among the first gen, my feeling is that (I can be wrong) Moriya is/was largely close to Shida (who graduated) and Sugai. Maybe Risa and/or Kobayashi.

2. Moriya's gunsou image. Many of the second gen members were fans of the group, and thus well aware of their senpai. Moriya's ultra competitiveness sticks too well in people's mind. As I mentioned earlier, Moriya's beauty craze is not especially well known up to that point. Even if that is known, some of the weirder (to me) beauty things she does/did reinforces an image of her as being an extremist, which can be somewhat alienating.

As for the emergency episode, put yourself in the shoes of the 2nd gen sitting in the room (especially after that Valentine's Day episode!!), how would you feel about this gunsou character whom you aren't on close terms with come in and start behaving all lovey and dovey?

3. Again, my interpretation is that Moriya is a bit of a shy/private person who may have issues expressing herself at times. Yet again, the popular image people have of her only exacerbate issues.

My personal interpretation is that Moriya is unlikely to be captain. When Sugai and Moriya were presented as captain and vice(副)-captain, my feeling is that those two are ying and yang, coming as a package. That does not preclude them from being replaced individually, but the problem stems from who else to replace either one of them with. And again, the bigger problem is Moriya's public image. It is hard for me to see Moriya as captain, even when there is someone else similar to Sugai as vice-captain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    You couldn't be more wrong...

I Love Nogizaka, I discovered them late and I blame myself for not being patient enough to track their story back in time. And I am happy that all this Keyakizaka draught and hiatus (which was so depressing for me) worked as a catalyst to make me give Nogis a try.

I was even about to write my impressions comparing these groups and how different they are. The fact that I didn't was simply timing: Keyakizaka has been no more and I did not want to become poisonous even to the slightest to my beloved Keyakis and their fanbase. Because I recognised too many things that Nogis did right and Keyakis did wrong. But all this has no meaning now. We have Sakurazaka and things move to the right direction so far.

But having resentment with Nogis NO! I do not accept it!

And of course I won't have it someone bashing me as a Nogi anti, based on my OBJECTIVE critisism. The only thing that one could accuse me about, is having Nogis occupying the second place in my heart (together with Hinatas). The big difference is in the songs/music and overal style: Keyaki as a group fits better to my own tastes. And that's all...

As for the girls I do like all of them (especially 4th gen Nogizaka which in my opinion btw is the really very best among today's idols) and I hate to say even the slightest bad thing about any of them Sakamich and AKB alike. Apart from that I am absolutely free to critisize and cauterise behaviour, especially if referring to the OBVIOUS: So you tell us please as a Nogi fan if you agree to what had happened to the 2nd gen of Nogi. If you feel OK about it then I won't say anything else.

P.S.
    And yes, we had a lot of "stupid girly things" among Keyaki girls as well, it only takes a pair of eyes to see it. It was not just the cool image that it was meant to be projected. Keyakis were selected among the very coolest of the cool at least, that's true but girls are girls after all, especially at these ages.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Hence my use of the term "technically", the reality of how the girls and we the fans view it is different, but the next time new members are added to the group they will be called Sakura's 2nd gen.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  16. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Pretty detailed explanation there, and I think there is some truth to that. The valentine episode was quite telling though. And I thought Nen's beauty chara was well established already with Tsucchi as her sensei early on.

Hence, my statement that I would not bet money on it :^^;: I seriously cannot imagine Yuuka getting mad at all, so Nen balancing her out makes sense. I see MaRina more as a diplomat type vice captain though.

The reasoning I don't get is that because Nen is not VC anymore, it means she's going to graduate soon. Where the hell did that come from?

17. DIO

DIO Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaaya
    every all 1gen mostly already on graduate age sure some of fan start to paranoid that their member will graduate first include me for pechan.
    just them them picking any kind of hint/source as will she graduated because of this reason?
    as long as pechan there she will not graduate .just my feeling saying so.

18. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Pe-chan will stay until she's 30, mark my words [hehe]

19. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

True, we get a glimpse of that now and again, but I feel that it wasn't often mentioned or well fleshed out until much later with the Moriya specific episode.

I don't know if the first and second gens share the same dressing/ready room. FWIW, the words of Ozeki to Tamura, which Tamura spoke about in the episode where she was first introduced, suggest that even if they shared the same room, the first gen would have a tendency (understandably out of habit) to cluster together. This probably makes Moriya's (beauty) habits less visible to anyone other than the first gens, so the second gens won't get to know her without more direct interactions (which appeared to be lacking by that point in time).

Sugai has proven time and again that she is of the M type. I mean, she tolerates wedgies (of the pants, not the pantsu).

I think there are a few possible lines of thought:
    1. She rage-quits or quits because the loss of vice captaincy is also considered a loss of face.
    2. The loss of vice captaincy is interpreted as a signal of loss of confidence in her from the management, or she was explicitly told of that (probably in private, but this may leak out eventually or subject to rumour mongering or embellishments).
    3. The loss of vice captaincy is interpreted as a signal of loss of confidence in her from the other group members or some discord among the members over Moriya as vice captain. We do not know if input from the other group members was sought by the management on the choice of captaincy. (In this scenario, details may also leak out, or simply stuff being generated by the rumour mill.)
    4. She has already decided to graduate in the near future and the appointment of a new vice captain is just par for the course.

And then open a bakery after that. Will patronize if I happen to visit Kanto at that time.

All jokes aside, most idols tend to graduate for the following reasons (not exhaustive) or a combination of:
    1. Marriage
    2. Scandal (dating, breaking the law, etc)
    3. Health reasons
    4. Studies (some resume after college, but some simply decide to return to being an ippan jin)
    5. Something else that they want to do as their careers, or other ambitions (we all know who)
    6. Sick of getting stalked (especially those who are unlucky enough to attract the attention of unhinged individuals)
    7. Tire of the life of an idol (which may be link to reasons no. 3 and 6)
    8. Is there a statutory retirement age for idols? I'm not sure if anything is hard coded in their contracts, but the Japanese traditional societal expectation are that women get married and start being mothers by 30 (though some Japanese celebrities push it all the way to 40 for marriage and pregnancy). So even if they don't get married and pregnant, they may be eased out by 30 (or whatever age that the management thinks is appropriate).

Do any apply to Pe-chan? Yeah, she is like that giant snorlax plushie in the room. Soft and squishy but hard to move from external forces. She doesn't come across as being ambitious, or appears to suffer from significant health issues.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    But seriously, I don't mean to offend anybody, but Pe and Uemuu are more like mascots than active members at this point. And I mean it in a good way. They don't need to be at the forefront of the group, but their presence just feels right. I get this feeling both of them will be among the last to graduate.

• Agree Agree x 4