1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Countdown: Episode 237 (Members who are too pure for this world)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Sorry Forest, the no oshi rule is just dumb - dumber than dumb - and basically excludes people from voting if their oshi happens to the most prominent member than can be described with whatever topic. Like rka said.

My list would not be complete without Paruru on it. In fact, voting for her in this would have been a big motivator for me, to help point out to many people that she actually is VERY nice in spite of her salty image, and there is much evidence to support that Paruru is at heart a very kind and giving person. But I can't include her.

So, no, I will not vote in this topic, or probably any others while the rule is in effect. I think most of us are smart enough to recognize which people or when people are just voting for their oshi every time and not truly considering the topic. We don't need a rule to nanny us into doing it right.

2. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Really cause I see people in include their oshi often in these rankings. But if not being able haruka in a top 10 ranking is enough to not want to vote at all. Isn't that proof that proof of a strong bias where you can't even convince yourself that there are at least 10 members kinder than Haruka.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Wow, people rage quit when they can't power vote their faves?.. Looks like these rankings are serious business)) please chillaxe, if your faves are so good then other people will vote for them. And if they won't, well, maybe you are just being biased and this restriction is right))

• Like Like x 1
  4. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    1. Takahashi Minami
    2. Matsui Rena
    3. Shimazaki Haruka
    4. Shinoda Mariko
    5. Watanabe Mayu
    6. Yamamoto Sayaka
    7. Akimoto Sayaka
    8. Sashihara Rino
    9. Kawaei Rina
    10. Shibata Aya

• Like Like x 1
  5. troivabien

troivabien Kenkyuusei

1. Kuramochi Asuka
    2. Oshima Yuko
    3. Takahashi Minami
    4. Okada Nana
    5. Sato Amina
    6. Yokoyama Yui
    7. Kashiwagi Yuki
    8. Iwatate Saho
    9. Miyazawa Sae
    10. Minegishi Minami

• Like Like x 1
  6. Parikkuren

I'm not rage quitting lol you people will try anything for a little character assistanation to avoid having to strain your minds when other people are trying to make a point.

It's not about trying to 'power vote' my oshi either (which no, I don't really see many people doing). Funny too, no one accused @rka of trying to power vote his oshi when he said he couldn't make an accurate list without her.
    It's that while she's not at the top, I do think she should make it somewhere in general top 10. And if I'm not allowed to select her, I'm not just going to shrug it off and sub in some other girl. My list would not be an accurate selection then.

What if the category was 'best members who can play an instrument?' I know there are a lot of Sayanee oshis around here. Well, too bad, she's not going to get correctly represented in the list because anyone who's her oshi can't pick her at all. Never mind if she's actually talented and deserves to be high on the list - her ranking would actually be skewed lower due to her having more fans.

It's a silly rule that punishes more popular girls' fans disproportionately. That's it.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But famous members are overrepresented anyway.

If we get a 'best members who can play an instrument', Sayanee will definitely still be in the top without help from people who 1oshi her.

8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Quite frankly, if you didn't notice the people that were doing this week in and week out then you weren't looking closely enough. It has been a significant enough issue that Forrest was compelled to initiate the rule.

I don't think anyone is accusing you specifically of having a consistent oshi bias. However, your insistence that Paru is a "Top 10" nicest member does raise an eyebrow. Don't get me wrong, I love Paru. She is one of my favorite members of AKB. But I also know from my own personal experience, as well as the experiences of countless other fans that she is among the least cordial members of the entire franchise.

As @fatrain pointed out if a member is truly among the best in a category then it will manifest itself in the final results regardless. Even for a super-popular member. Case in point, Takamina fans have been traditionally well-represented in these polls. And even with them not being able to vote for her this week she is still going to be among the top vote getters.

On the other hand with all of the oshi power-voting by well-supported members the lesser-popular members hardly ever stand a chance. Furthermore, a significant amount of people voting, regardless of their oshimen, seem to only vote for the most popular members anyway. Just look at the votes this week. Bottom line, the most popular members will always have an advantage here, even with this rule in place.

The way I see it. This was a way to a) level the playing field a little and b) remove oshi bias. It may not be perfect, but I think it is loads better than the way things were going before.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Parikkuren

@Cristafari Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to give an actual reply. I just want to touch back on two things - nice can mean all types of things, and when I say Paruru is nice, it's referring to number of things including, primarily, her behavior towards her fellow members and juniors, which if you follow her closely enough, is very kind and giving. I'm sure you know quite a bit about her, as you've seen her in person, but I'm also not convinced you have as much knowledge of her as someone who gets daily updates about her. She would have been very low on my list (8-10 even), because I do try to select fairly, but I absolutely feel she should be on it.

Secondarily, I see your point that popular girls will still receive votes, and it's true. To me it's just a matter that it feels like Forest is upset that results aren't coming like he wants them to, so he'll force people to change their votes to get results that he likes more. And that isn't even an accusation of oshi bias towards him, it sort feels like he's complaining people aren't playing his game right. Which sucks, in a way, but he's going to impose a rule like this, every result should have an asterisk next to it to remind people that voting methods do not necessarily reflect how people really feel, because their votes were forcibly altered in order to even participate. I suppose I'm taking a silly game too seriously. Since it's not fun for me this way, it is in fact better that I bow out. I haven't found the topics very engaging lately anyway and it seems like I'm just stepping on everyone else's fun.

Sorry to cause a fuss. ^.^

Edit: last thing - I don't want it to come across that I don't like Forest, because I do, and I know how much he contributes around here. This is just my feelings about how he runs this thread.

10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    im still waiting too.. i hope 2ch agrees with Matsuko's opinion ... that would mean 2ch isnt that bad .. but as we know... lol
    Tbh I can only find 1 opinion of hers which is agreed by 2ch.. (which is her harsh-but-true remarks about Korean artist trying so hard in Japan, yet they didnt appreciate and still badmouth Japan) ..Or maybe akb shouldnt appear in opening of olympics 2020. The rest..not really. I am not surprised if Matsuko got teased in 2ch bcoz of her strict opinions abt joshi-ana Tanaka Minami (which I agree with too)

btw, she did say in one program she appears that she likes men. she didnt dress up so because of gimmick only.

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yeah, I read a lot about her "bashing" k-pop but when I watched the video in question I found the opposite was true. Her attitude was bad (as it always is) but her statements where much less unkind than the Korean (perhaps half Korean-Japanese) men's statements.

12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Haha.. Thts what I love of her.. She is like the real life Daimon sensei (from drama dr-X) <3

13. Love_Meetan

Love_Meetan Kenkyuusei

1. Matsubara Natsumi - Her smile is so pure
    2. Takeuchi Miyu
    3. Akimoto Sayaka
    4. Kuramochi Asuka
    5. Takahashi Minami
    6. Omori Miyu
    7. Fujie Reina
    8. Sashihara Rino
    9. Shinoda Mariko
    10. Oshima Yuko

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    My Nicest Members:

01. Ichikawa Miori (I know how she acts towards other members and her fans, which is a big reason why I like her so much. She is really nice.)
    02. Takahashi Minami
    03. Shinoda Marika
    04. Takahashi Juri
    05. Yokoyama Yui
    06. Sashihara Rino
    07. Matsui Rena
    08. Komiyama Haruka (I have seen frequent examples of her truly nice character.)
    09. Ishida Haruka
    10. Matsui Sakiko

• Like Like x 1
  15. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I agree that "nice" can be a very subjective thing, but if we're talking about overall niceness, even if Paru's nice to her juniors/fellow members and even fans (on social media), the fact that she has a bad reputation in terms of "niceness" in handshakes already gives her a lot of minus points in my opinion. Because while there are many girls who are also absolutely nice in almost every single area compared to Paru who lacks that in a very important part of idols (handshakes), then to consider her as top 10 nicest member in the entire 48/46World is very questionable.

P.S. @ForrestFuller instead of not being able to vote for our kami-oshi at all, how if next round you bar us from voting for our oshis from our top 5. Like the highest we can rank them in is at no. 6 or something like that? The idea is so that we won't power vote our oshis to the top of everything right? I still think not being able to vote for our oshis at all is a little harsh especially if you think they really are suited for that particular category.

16. parubably

parubably Kenkyuusei

1. Kuramochi Asuka
    2. Miyazawa Sae
    3. Takahashi Minami
    4. Akimoto Sayaka
    5. Oshima Yuko
    6. Sato Amina
    7. Matsui Rena
    8. Minegishi Minami
    9. Matsui Sakiko
    10. Kitahara Rie

• Like Like x 1
  17. Risayu

Risayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oshima Yuko
    I really like this top !

1. Takahashi Minami (We just can't forget her in this top)
    2. Minegishi Minami (very kind with original members and team 4)
    3. Oshima Yuko (a very natural and kind person)
    4. Sashihara Rino (same as Miichan but with HKT members)
    5. Matsui Jurina (same as Yuko)
    6. Oya Masana (this girl is so pure)
    7. Tatsuya Makiho (very respectful with her senpai)
    8. Yokoyama Yui (the future Takamina ^^)
    9. Motomura Aoi (a really pure member)
    10. Tomonaga Mio (the type of girl who'll never say bad things)

Also, don't prevent us to vote for our oshi and I don't understand why we would have to do this. Personally, I always vote objectively, even if it's to choose the most beautiful members or the most talented member. I always consider all AKBgroup members. Here, it's not a good example (Takamina and Yuko are ranked) but it's a fact, they are truly nice. ^^ So I just can't forget them in this top.
    And I understand people who vote for Paruru. Just read her tweets and her 755, you will understand. ^^

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

LAST DAY TO VOTE

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    1. Tanaku Miku
    2. Takahashi Minami