1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

Stage48 Countdown: On Hiatus

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 7, 2014.

1. mayuyuYukirin48

mayuyuYukirin48 Kenkyuusei

1. Hatsukoi Butterfly
    2. Eien Pressure
    3. 1! 2! 3! 4! Yoroshiku!
    4. Oogoe Diamond
    5. Nandome no Aozora ka?
    6. RIVER
    7. Heart Ereki
    8. Ue Kara Mariko
    9. Beginner
    10. Kitagawa Kenji

• Like Like x 1
  2. hazeleden

hazeleden Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    1. HA!
    2. Eien Pressure
    3. Dakedo...
    4. Hashire Penguin
    5. Cosmos no kioku
    6. Kimi no koto ga suki dakara
    7. Seigi no Mikata Janai Hero
    8. Kamonegix
    9. Kitagawa Kenji

10. Barette

• Like Like x 1
  3. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

1. Eien Pressure
    2. Hashire Penguin
    3. Doro no metronome
    4. Wink wa sankai
    5. Hikaeme I Love You
    6. Uza
    7. Heart Ereki
    8. Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara
    9. Ue kara Mariko
    10. Mosh & Dive

• Like Like x 1
  4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Future Girls

LAST DAY TO VOTE

5. souchan48

souchan48 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Obviously River lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. hinapyon

hinapyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    UZA
    Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka
    Boku no Taiyou
    Beginner
    Nakeru Bassho
    Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara
    Oogoe Diamond
    ALIVE
    Kimi no Hohoemi Yumi Miru
    Sasemeyuki Regret

• Like Like x 1
  7. ForrestFuller

VOTING HAS ENDED

8. ForrestFuller

Stage48 Countdown
    Episode 7: Best Fall Songs

Welcome everybody to Episode 7 of Stage48 Countdown. I'm Forrest Fuller. Today we will look at the Best Fall Songs from the 48Groups. These are songs that were released from September 1st to December 20th. We have 8 years worth of songs. So what do you think made the list? Let's find out shall we. First up, the songs that were just shy of making the list. The Honorable Mentions.

11) Escape (52 Pts) (December 11, 2013) (AKB48 34th Single B-Side)
    12) Eien Pressure (51 Pts) (December 5, 2012) (AKB48 29th Single)
    13) Hashire Penguin (50 Pts) (December 7, 2011) (Ue Kara Mariko B-Side) (Team 4)
    14) Oki Doki (41 Pts) (November 9, 2011) (SKE48 7th Single)
    15) Kitagawa Kenji (40 Pts) (November 7, 2012) (NMB48 6th Single)

Now Let's Get to the Countdown shall we.

10) Ue Kara Mariko (60 Pts)
    [​IMG]

Coming in at #10 is the song centered by that loveable troll who Janken in 2011. It's Ue Kara Mariko from December 7th, 2011 (AKB48 24th Single)

As I said. For winning the Janken tournament in 2011. Mariko (who had been in AKB48 since 2006) finally got to center a song. Original this track was going to be Hashire Penguin, but it was changed to fit Mariko's image. Even though it would have been funny as hell seeing Mariko as a Penguin. It just wouldn't seem so right to have. This is the first and only song (unless you want to count the times Sakura has had her name in songs lol) to have somebody's name as a single.

The Song was pretty much all about Mariko and rightfully so. She was a model turned teacher in the video (as there were in a school setting) with 2nd place Reina Fujie being a protege like character. As the video was playing you pretty much had an 8 girl Janken Tournament featuring girls Fujie, Aamin, Miichan, Kasai, Suuchan, Oya, Kojiharu and Marina (with Akimoto being the ref). Fujie of course being the girl that's not named mariko getting most of the attention in the videos win the tournament.

When you think of this song, you think of who else. Mariko Shinoda. While this song works for anybody named Mariko (with Nakamura and Tsukamoto performing this song at concerts). This song was just made for Mariko Shinoda. It's Pretty much her song and was glad that she got a song that was pretty much HER. Also like to think the ending of this video is how we all said goodbye to her when she graduated in 2013.

9) Nandome no Aozora Ka? (66 Pts)
    [​IMG]

Coming in at #9 is the song that only came out 11 days ago. But it's so damn loved. It's Nandome no Aozora Ka? from Nogizaka46 that came out on October 8th, 2014. (Nogizaka46's 10th Single)

Aki-P called this song a kami song and he wasn't lying as this ended up being a single that is very loved by not just Nogizaka46 fans, but AKB48G as well.

Erika Ikuta was the center of this song as she was not in the 9th single due to studies and wanting to focus on that. Thus she returns for the 10th Single and for the first time ever, she is the center of the single. Pretty impressive aint it. She also didn't disappoint as well as the center of this song. People will hope she centers more Nogizaka46 Songs in the future.

The video was a wota's dream. A guy being in a school with the whole senbatsu of this single. You know you wish you were this guy. I know I would. This would be heaven for me. All in all. This single showed that Nogizaka46 is the #2 group in the whole 48G Family and I think they got that on lock now.

8) Ha! (73 Pts)
    [​IMG]

Coming in at #8 is one of the most creative videos of all time in my opinion. It's NMB48 - Ha that came out on December 5th, 2012. From the Eien Pressure Track.

Why I said this is one of the most creative videos of all time? Just the way it was done. Pretty much a movie like thing with the Yakuza (Yokoyama Gang) vs. NMB48. It was something you have never seen before and it was just awesome. You had Sayanee being a badass in the video, her uncle (I think) coming out of retirement to help the girls out. Finding out the Yokoyama Gang had kidnapped Miyuki instead of Sayanee, Sayanee and the rest of NMB48 do what they can to rescue her even if it means their lives (as it says in the video). Even Yui Yokoyama joins with NMB48 (with her grandpa being the leader of the gang). That's like a big F*ck you to your family and I love it. I wish we saw the battle between NMB48 (and Sayanee's Uncle) vs. The Yokoyama Gang.

While the video was something else. The Song is just as awesome and if this song doesn't get stuck in your head. Then you aren't listening to this song enough. It's one of those songs that you just have to listen when you first become a fan of the 48Groups.

Costumes are the best NMB48 has worn as well and it's awesome when you see them at concerts. NMB48 - Ha! could have also been a single for NMB48. But we can settle with this.

7) River (78 Pts)
    [​IMG]

In at #7 is a song that just gets you fired up. It's River from AKB48 that came out on October 21st 2009. AKB48's 14th Single.

Toward the end of 2008 and into 2009. You had a lot of members of AKB48 graduate and the morale of the group was kind of down as alot of other members wanted to graduate as well. This Aki-P wrote this song. Which this song is about not giving up and used as a boost for the girls. Man did it work. This song proved one thing. AKB48 isn't going anywhere.

Anytime you listen to this song. You just get fired up. This is a song that she also be used for pump up music (yeah I said it). This song pumps me up. I'm sure it does for some of you guys as well.

The Video shows the girls in army suits as Team A members (Acchan, Kojiharu, Takamina, and Mariko are all crossing a river (the only river you see in this video haha). Team K members (Yuko, Akimoto, Ono, Sae, Miichan, and Tomochin) climbing a little cliff into what looks like an abandoned room of some sort, and team B members (Mayu, Yukirin, Kasai, Myao, and Rie) all jumping into a army plane. Also shows them all not giving up at all.

Also did want to say that the costumes in this video are some of the best ever. Very Fierce.

6) Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara (79 Pts)
    [​IMG]

#6 is a song that is very well loved by fans as it's a very cheerful song. It's Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara from AKB48 - River (Released on October 21, 2009).​

While River was an excellent song. This song is also loved by fans as it has been in the Top 20 in Request Hour since 2010 and you can see why.

It's a fun loving song and the senbatsu in this song is pretty good. Akicha was the center of this track. Before she became a main member in AKB48G, Sashihara was on this track. As was Rena Matsui (while Jurina was in Senbatsu). Rena was in the Undergirls senbatsu. You also had girls like Lovetan, Haachan, Mocchi, Aamin, Fujie, Moeno, Oku, Ishida, Amina, Suuchan, Kikuchi, Harugon, and Komori. These were girls you already knew, or girls that you were going to know if you hadn't heard of them yet.

5) Oogoe Diamond (80 Pts)
    [​IMG]

The #5 ranking belongs to the breakout song for AKB48. It's Oogoe Diamond which released on October 22, 2008.​

You could really say that this was a risky move for AKB48 as you had Acchan as your center of this group. This was a single that didn't have Acchan as the center. But rather an unknown girl named Jurina Matsui. Jurina had only joined SKE48 3 months ago and was only 11 years old. Yes 11 years old. It was a risk.

But the risk ended up paying off as this became a breakout song for AKB48 as people took notice of AKB48. This song is now a classic in the AKB48G.

The MV of this song is them performing the song at the culture festival of the AKB48 Girls School (don't know what it's really called) and it shows them practicing and showing you a different personalities of some girls (like Mariko). While Acchan was feeling jealous of Jurina in the video as well (but in the end she joins the group for the final part of the song). Also did you know that this was also Sashi, Rie, and Myao's first single as well.

This is also a song that has been performed in english. They performed Diamond Shout in NYC and I think LA.

4) Kamonegikkusu (82 Pts)
    [​IMG]
    At #4 is the best song and video that the best dancing that NMB48. It's Kamonegikkusu (aka Kamonegix) which is NMB48 8th Single (released on October 2nd, 2013).

As I said. This is the best dancing that NMB48 has done and it's their verision of UZA (in terms of dancing).

The Costumes and setting give off a futuristic setting even though the story part has nothing to do with the future what so ever. The story part is them in the summer time and watching the fireworks at the end of the video (in their Yukata's).

But that doesn't drag anything down from it. The Song is what makes this video awesome. The Dancing is what make makes this video awesome. Even the costumes is what makes this video awesome. This is a pretty good song for NMB48 and you see why it's #3.

3) Kaze wa Fuiteiru (83 pts)
    [​IMG]
    In at #3 is a uplifting song. But Dark Video. It's Kaze wa Fuiteiru the 23rd Single for AKB48 released on October 26th 2011.

The English title for this song is The Wind is Blowing and is actually a uplifting song. But you wouldn't know that from the video.

The video for Kaze wa Fuiteiru is not uplifting. Rather it's an Apocalyptic video with them trying to awaken some sort of thing (still wondering what the hell it is to this day lol.) and the dancing had them with the same look (wig and costumes) which gives a creepy vibe.

But you know what. It's what makes this video. This song was the only single to be centered by Acchan and Yuko and it was a good one. The Performance costumes (for shows) are the best ones I think.

2) Beginner (119 Pts)
    [​IMG]
    Number 2 is what I think is the greatest AKB48G and Best Song in the World. But it's only #2. It's AKB48 - Beginner (AKB48's 18th Single) and released on October 27th, 2010.

2010 was a breakout year for AKB48 as their dominance in the idol world. It begin with Heavy Rotation and it started with Beginner as in January 2011. It began, you know what I mean. Beginner was the first full time senbatsu for both Sasshi and Rena as they are still senbatsu to this day.

Let's also talk about the video. While there are verision with Acchan as center, Takamina as Center, Mariko as Center, Tomochin as Center, Yuko as Center, and Mayu/Jurina Center. I'm talking about the original video. At First with that video. You are like HOLY CRAP!

From Takamina, Acchan, Yuko, Rena, Yukirin, Jurina and Tomochin being all wired to each other. To Mariko getting head crushed in, Mayuyu getting stabbed, Half of Kojiharu's face getting chopped off, Yuko sacrificing herself for Acchan before she gets crushed, Acchan's scream (with blood), Acchan hand falling and becoming a sword. It was no wonder this song became a classic. Good Video and VERY AWESOME song.

Time for the #1 song. The Recap is above you :).

1) Uza (145 Pts)
    [​IMG]
    #1 is the best. dancing. in. a. AKB. music. video. EVER!. It's AKB48 - UZA. AKB48 28th Single and released on Halloween 2012.

The first single of AKB48 without Acchan (cameo or not) and it was something. From the bad ass first time you saw the performance at Janken 2012 (my favorite performance) you knew this song was going to be something special.

Directed by Joseph Kahn (who directed Gingham Check as well) Originally it was going to be a Mayuyu/Jurina Center track and from the video at the beginning, you would think it was going to be (as Mayuyu and Jurina in the center) but the dancing was too tough and Mayuyu ended up being replaced by Yuko as center). The Video was very different and the costumes were SEXY! The first fall video to have a homegrown HKT48 member as well (Sakura).
    --------------------
    Well that's our countdown. Good choice on #1. I would have picked Beginner. But UZA is still a good choice :).

Time for Episode 8 voting to begin. The Topic is a first of a 4 part series. It's

Best Homegrown Members of all Time: AKB48

Who are the best homegrown members of all time. Wether they have graduated or haven't. These are the girls that made AKB48 what it is today. Some rules for these.

Jurina is ineligible for this list. She is eligible for the SKE48. Sashihara is eligible for this list as she started in AKB48. She's ineligible for the HKT48 list. I think you get the picture.

Voting begins now.
    Voting Ends on October 26th

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. fatrain

fatrain Upcoming Girls

01. Sashihara Rino
    02. Takahashi Minami
    03. Oshima Yuko
    04. Minegishi Minami
    05. Iwasa Misaki
    06. Kashiwagi Yuki
    07. Yokoyama Yui
    08. Kitahara Rie
    09. Miyazawa Sae
    10. Akimoto Sayaka

• Like Like x 1
  10. hinapyon

hinapyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    Are we voting for the girls who we think have raised AKB, objectively, or is it more about our subjective fave members?

11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    1. Maeda Atsuko
    2. Sashihara Rino
    3. Takahashi Minami
    4. Oshima Yuko
    5. Shinoda Mariko
    6. Kojima Haruna
    7. Itano Tomomi
    8. Kashiwagi Yuki
    9. Watanabe Mayu
    10. Minegishi Minami

• Like Like x 1
  12. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    1. Takahashi Minami
    2. Maeda Atsuko
    3. Minegishi Minami
    4. Oshima Yuko
    5. Shinoda Mariko
    6. Kawaei Rina
    7. Shimazaki Haruka
    8. Akimoto Sayaka
    9. Yokoyama Yui
    10. Sashihara Rino

• Like Like x 1
  13. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    1. Kashiwagi Yuki - This is mainly because of her soaring increase in popularity and how she ended up a major member of AKB
    2. Watanabe Mayu- Just everything in general
    3. Takahashi Minami- Sokantoku be a good leader y'all~
    4. Oshima Yuko - She is a legend within AKB.
    5. Maeda Atsuko - Another legend, battling with Yuko for ace supremacy and that's mainly what I liked about Yuko and Acchan~
    6. Sashihara Rino - Though she had a rough year in 2012/2013 with being "Exiled" into HKT and having a scandal, her fans truly showed their loyalty to Sasshi by putting her first in SSK~
    7. Minegishi Minami - Another one who had a scandal. She begged for forgiveness and has stayed in AKB, now as captain of Team 4 she has responsiblity on her hands and she is doing well
    8. Kawaei Rina- She is just one big ball of energy~
    ======================================================
    I only have 8 DX

• Like Like x 1
  14. ForrestFuller

Pretty much both. Any way you feel like voting is ok (if you feel like the first way, then go right ahead. If you feel like going the 2nd way, then go right ahead)

15. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    • 1. Sashihara Rino (Center of AKB's 2nd viral song KFC, Variety Queen, a SSK winner)
    • 2. Takahashi Minami (Soukantoku of AKB48G, Ori Team A Captain, Senpai)
    • 3. Akimoto Sayaka (Ori Team K captain, Senpai)
    • 4. Kashiwagi Yuki (Ori Team B captain, public recognition as one of AKB's most prominent winners, high ranked in SSK)
    • 5. Shinoda Mariko (Prev Team A Captain, well loved and recognised by public, high ranked in SSK)
    • 6. Oshima Yuko (Prev Team K Captain, one of AKB's faces, SSK winner)
    • 7. Umeda Ayaka (Prev Team B Captain, senpai)
    • 8. Yokoyama Yui (Captain of YTA and YTK, known for leadership skills)
    • 9. Shimazaki Haruka (Next gen ace, known as one of AKB's faces)
    • 10. Maeda Atsuko (Original Ace, SSK winner)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    01. Maeda Atsuko
    02. Takahashi Minami
    03. Itano Tomomi
    04. Oshima Yuko
    05. Shinoda Mariko
    06. Sashihara Rino
    07. Kojima Haruna
    08. Ohori Megumi
    09. Minegishi Minami
    10. Watanabe Mayu

Pretty standard list, although I feel bad for leaving off members like CinDy, Kasai, MaiMai, Sae and Erepyon. I think it is fairly certain who the top 10 will turn out to be.

• Like Like x 1
  17. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I thought it would be more fun to try this one objectively, so here goes:

1. Takahashi Minami - The true leader of the group, and AKB's backbone
    2. Atsuko Maeda - The center who was able to carry the weight of the group for years
    3. Yuko Oshima - A role model for all members, and the creator of AKB's popular rivalry
    4. Mariko Shinoda - The spark that AKB needed to appear different from other idol groups
    5. Sayaka Akimoto - A captain who helped give Team K a sense of independence
    6. Mayu Watanabe - The ace that aimed to be the top rival
    7. Rino Sashihara - Becoming the ultimate underdog, and not missing a step
    8. Yuki Kashiwagi - The popular captain with a signiture voice, establishing herself repeatedly
    9. Yui Yokoyama - A captain for two teams already while offering necessary leadership
    10. Minegishi Minami - Although controversial, she never faltered in supporting the group

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  18. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    1. Takahashi Minami
    2. Sayaka Akimoto
    3. Mariko Shinoda
    4. Yuko Oshima
    5. Atsuko Maeda
    6. Minegishi Minami
    7. Sashihara Rino
    8. Yuki Kashiwagi
    9. Haruna Kojima
    10. Sae Miyazawa

• Like Like x 1
  19. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    1. Maeda Atsuko
    2. Takahashi Minami
    3. Itano Tomomi
    4. Oshima Yuko
    5. Shinoda Mariko
    6. Kojima Haruna
    7. Watanabe Mayu
    8. Oshima Mai
    9. Kasai Tomomi
    10. Minegishi Minami

Kami-7 and those who I think made the AKB's variety great and those who boost the public awareness more. I still think Maimai was one of the prominent member and much more powerful than Tomochin. Chiyuu is one big name too. I think that once she graduated, most of her fans detached themselves to the group too and that makes her forgettable.

• Like Like x 1
  20. username04829

username04829 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    1. Maeda Atsuko
    2. Takahashi Minami
    3. Oshima Yuko
    4. Shimazaki Haruka
    5. Watanabe Mayu
    6. Urano Kazumi
    7. Ohori Megumi