1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Countdown: Episode 237 (Members who are too pure for this world)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Mio is 16... Shu though, she's 15.

2. Penguin4444

Penguin4444 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kanekotsugu
    1. Kaneko Shiori
    2. Kojima Haruna
    3. Iwanaga Tsugumi
    4. Suga Nanako
    5. Nagao Mariya
    6. Ono Erena
    7. Masuda Yuka
    8. Tsuchiyasu Mizuki
    9. Okita Ayaka
    10. Futamura Haruka

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    Mio and Shu are born in the same year and both in the same grade at school, what is the difference really...
    If the girls are old enough to do gravure then I don't see why we shouldn't be able to vote for them.

4. Parikkuren

Yes, you being the person with the youngest girl on your list, I can see why you'd want to make that argument.

As for Mio and Shu, they may be close but we should draw a line somewhere and 16 is the threshold that's generally used for more adult gravure even if they make exceptions for some girls.

The question is not 'best gravure'. It's 'sexiest body'. If you think 13 year old's body is sexy, you have a problem. Unless you yourself are 13.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  5. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Let's put the age restriction at 18

6. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    Yes, and it is not a surprise that you think the arbitrary line should be set at the youngest girl on your list.
    This is gravure of Yabushita Shuu.
    You think people should not be allowed to say she is sexy or has a beautiful body, but you think Mio is OK because she is a few months older...?
    If it really bothers you that much I will put a different girl on my list, I don't really care. I just think it is such an arbitrary thing to get upset about.

7. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Okay i don't care if you think Shu or Mio has a sexy body they are both growing quicker than other members, but what arguement can you possibly have for putting Miku in there.

8. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    What does sexy have to do with growth (in certain areas)? Sexy would be something completely different to him than it is to you?

9. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    I just think Miku is really pretty. And I am sure she will still be very pretty when she is 16. Sexy means more than just a big chest and curves to me.

10. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Oh i'm sorry when i was thinking of sexy i was going by the literal definition.
    Full Definition of SEXY
    : sexually suggestive or stimulating :
    : generally attractive or interesting :
    Which i assume is why some people were trouble by your selection.

11. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    Did you miss the second definition that you just posted?
    Why would people buy and enjoy looking at photos of Tanaka Miku, or gravure, etc if they didn't think she was generally attractive or interesting.

12. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I was going by the first term, but seriously Miku over the rest!

13. Parikkuren

The line is not arbitrary. I gave my reasons for it, primarily that it's the accepted line group wide for mature gravure. It also happens to be the age of consent in many countries.

You're damn right I didn't pick anyone younger than 16, and for good reason.

14. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Well until someone lists Yamaguchi Yuuki along with the rest than i think people are still thinking along the lines of sexy body rather than big boobed.

15. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    No, the line is arbitrary. As I showed, they do mature gravure of girls who are 15. 16 isn't the magic line or age for doing that kind of gravure, being in high school is. Mio could turn 16 in February next year and she still would've been doing the same gravure now.
    And either way, like I said, to me, sexiness is more than curves and chest. Maybe to you it isn't? But I think Miku is attractive and I enjoy looking at the random photos I've gotten of her, and it certainly is not the air around her that makes her pretty, it is her herself, ie her body. So I didn't think there was such a problem posting her in my list. It's not like I'm a lolicon or something. All the other girls in my list are 16+, and I'm not even a fan of Miku personally nor do I follow or care about her. I'm honestly surprised it bothers you so much.

16. Parikkuren

ar·bi·trar·y
    ˈärbiˌtrerē
    adjective
    1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
    Look, I'm not here to argue semantics. It's fine if you disagree with me, rka, you have a perfectly legitimate reasoning there. But it wasn't an arbitrary choice. I picked the group/industry standard, loose as it is. If I had picked on a personal whim, I might've said "hmmm, probably 17 I guess, that's just what I think is right."

I personally do not care if we were to draw the line at 18 and have no problem editing my list, as long as we can all agree that a 13 year old has no business being on a sexiest bodies list. And that's all I want to say on the matter, I'll leave the rest to mods and Forrest, since it's his thread.

17. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    You would have been fine if it were the top 10 beautiful or cutest or lovely, but sexy body tends to have different criteria when thought is intended and even the 3 i just listed while similar in definition all still mean different things.

18. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    The line to do mature gravure in AKBG is arbitrary, because it is not a choice based on any actual reasons or logic other than 'we feel this is good'. There is no requirement for AKB to have set the limit where they did. Hence, it is arbitrary. Your suggestion of 16, which you say is primarily because that is what the requirement is in AKBG (again, this is not 16 years old, it is 1st year high school) is thus, by extension, arbitrary.

Sure maybe, but it's hard coming up with 10 girls for me so I threw her in there.
    In the post that started this 'episode', he said "From the girls who take care of their bodies to the girl who's body are just so beautiful to the ones who's body is just DAMN!"
    It says girls with beautiful bodies right there. I think Miku is really pretty (beautiful) so I put her in.

19. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Yeah but i'm pretty sure in your case (and hope) you just meant Miku's face and height and while they are parts of her charm (and or body) they are also what gives Miku her childlike appeal. Which once again is what makes your choice of putting her in there rather uncomfortable.

20. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Mio is more childlike than Miku in a lot of ways, yet we think it's completely okay for people to think her body is sexually stimulating because she's 16