1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Fall 2015 Shuffle - Meet Your New Staff

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Stage48 Fall 2015 Shuffle - Staffing Changes

Optimized-09.jpg
    Meet your new administrator's oshimen
    Hey everyone, as you might or might not have noticed several weeks ago, I was promoted from moderator to the role of administrator of Stage48 in an effort to address the growing needs of the forum. The first course of action we the staff decided to take then was to recruit more people to our team, as one of the most common complaints was that the staff was never here to police the forum and guide it. That, unfortunately, is a very valid complaint. Both Smilodon and I joined the staff when we were in high school/college with plenty of time to spare, but now that we're both working or about to work, we no longer have as much time to volunteer as much as we used to.

Smilodon and I worked together to form a short list of people we believed would be able to serve the growing needs of Stage48, using the following criteria
    • Experienced poster - should know how Stage48 is usually run
    • Ability to be level-headed and impartial
    • Knowledge of how the 48 Group really works in Japan. Having been to Japan is not a requirement, but a big plus
    • Same deal w/ Japanese, not required, but a plus
    • Able to guide discussion in an appropriate direction as needed
    • Be unified with the rest of the staff
    After the list was created, we sent the invitation PM to a group of select few for their consideration. I'm happy to be able to report the results today.

昇格/Promotion

@ithebigc Administrator
    @Corinth → Moderator
    @Cristafari → Moderator
    @joooooooooe → Moderator
    @MurasakiSora → Moderator
    @otoppoi → Moderator
    @rust → Moderator

The above individuals display all or almost all of the above requirements and the staff believe they will be great additions to help guide the future direction of the forum and discussion in general here. They can introduce themselves here if you're unfamiliar with any of them.

Everyone here is also very busy with their own lives just like us, but quadrupling our current active staff will be a big help (from 2 to 8)

兼任/Concurrent Position

@ithebigc - HKT48 Forum Manager
    @Smilodon - NMB48 Forum Manager
    @Corinth - AKB48 Forum Manager
    @Cristafari - AKB48 Forum Manager
    @joooooooooe - NMB48 Forum Manager
    @MurasakiSora - AKB48 Forum Manager
    @otoppoi - SKE48 Forum Manager
    @rust - NGZK46 Forum Manager

In addition, we're hoping to try something new as an experiment to see if it works out, the division of duties. It was impossible to watch over the whole forum with only the two of us, but with more people we can more or less assign specific sections to each individual.

Everyone is still a "super moderator" and able to moderate all parts of the forum and deal with all reports anywhere, but we hope that with specific managers the forums will be a cleaner, well-oiled experience. As an additional plus, having people more well-versed in specific groups allows us to deal with problems better (i.e., I might not be the best person to deal with a NMB48 related argument, but Smilodon would). I'm still playing around with how the custom titles will work though, so if you see people's titles changing randomly, that's why.

Oh, and for clarification, don't hesitate to contact any of us for any problems though in any section of the forum if one of us happens to be online and the other isn't. The report button is still your best tool in those cases!

Finally, some sad news to report as with every shuffle.

卒業/Graduation

@Smilodon - Date to be determined
    @gideon123 - Effective Immediately

Smilodon has been the biggest help to the forum since he joined and in all likelihood the forum would've collapsed a long time ago without him. Many times I've had him cover for me when I wasn't available. I'm incredibly sad to have to announce that he has offered his resignation to us once he helps the new moderators settle into their roles (as such, he is still active until further notice). I'll let him explain his own reasoning here in this thread :(

gideon123 has been inactive since forever, so I removed him from the staff in order to avoid any confusion.

And that's it! Please join me in welcoming all your new staff and thanking all those that will/have serve(d) with us. Volunteering to help moderate Stage48 is a largely thankless job, but the above people have graciously agreed to spend some of their time helping around here to help grow the community and make it something better. Look for more changes to the forum (like updated rules! *gasp*) as soon as I can get them up.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I changed the banner for moderators to orange since green was too similar to the donor banner. Besides, orange for moderators and red for administrators works better together. Orange for a warning, and red for "you're in trouble now if I have to deal with it" :p

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Thank you, very good choices. I am very pleased that we can now enter the next stage, so to speak. Congratulations to the people being promoted!

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Congrats to the members promoted to moderators. Very good choices :) imo.

Also was wondering something. I know the two people you put on Graduation (sucks to Smilodon will be leaving). But was wondering, any news on where Afro Stud has been? I know he has been gone for two months.

4. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  5. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Who is in charge of the OTHER48 and GENERAL forums?:confused:

Not that its really important but rather curious as the work sharing seems to be group specific.

6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

its really nice to finally have more mods and an admin! congrats and lets keep this great forum going strong!

• Like Like x 2
  7. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Sounds Exciting!

• Like Like x 1
  8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Congrats to the new mods!:v: Nice to see it finally happen.:approve:

New rules? I be scared!:cold: Not really.:hehe:

I am curious about one thing that was not in this update/staff change. I know @Mr Waffle talked about removing HRP as Admin because he is no longer around. Yet he is still listed as Admin....?

Shameless Sakuratan plug is shameless.:p

All of them? At least that is how I read it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RH8

RH8 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    RH0RY
    Congratulations to the new staff members:]

• Like Like x 1
  10. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Wow, congrats to the new mods!!! I wish Stage48 the best for the future!!!!!

There's one thing that's missing though (atleast for me)

Who is in charge of the JKT48 & SNH48 forums??? And how about the upcoming NGT48 & Keyakizaka46 forums??

• Like Like x 1
  11. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Congrats to the newly promoted members! :approve:
    It's time for Stage48's dai ni-shou,,
    I feel like Shinobu should have come out and made an announcement here lol

Hopefully some of us can be promoted now from being Kenkyuusei too right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    There's no forum managers for the international forums?

• Like Like x 1
  13. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    He's alive, haha. He's just been really busy as of late and as such hasn't been able to be come on here. I too hope he comes back soon (where are we going to get our magazine scans?) :(

Everyone. As stated above, the forum specific positions don't mean we're unable to moderate other sections, it just means we have a focus since the named groups cover the majority of the active forums. The specific sections were assigned based on our usual reading habits; i.e., I'm mostly interested in HKT48, so I can take care of that. We weren't going to force people to be responsible for a section they don't care about as that's a fast way to ensure someone quits :p Therefore, the responsibility falls to everyone to split the work there. Reports are seen by all staff so the other groups aren't left out.

What, I was just introducing the new administrator....'s oshimen. ;) No shameless plug here hehe. Plus, a wall of text would've been so boring, right?

HoneyRoastedPeanuts
    will still be listed as an administrator. I don't expect him to come back (and he owes a lot of people money!) but it's there in case, I guess. If I change my mind, I can remove him anytime.

That's a sticky situation. I'm still not sure what I want to do with that, as Xenforo's group permissions are kind of annoying. I'll mess around with it and see what I can come up with later.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

oh my... Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  15. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I don't really trust the report button to solve the maladies of this forum but its better to get some assurance that some moderators will at least visit this forums not covered by their interest.

By the way, @aezea might be a great help given enough permissions to tinker with the forum software. I wish you would consider that matter, someone needs to do the dirty work, willingly. Someone needs go add Megu in the oshimen list!

Well, its good to see familiar faces as staff members they add a great deal to this group. My congratulations to you all you earned it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Congatulations all new Staff! Think you for all the time and effort you put into managing this forum!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Otoppoi!!?? Congratulations!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    nice! congratulations to all new staff!!! good luck for your duties and thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Great that there is finally new staff. With that, will there be a refresh of the forum rules or is that still on the backburner?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Congrats everyone and hope it will be a more harmonizing feel on the forums :)
    Been a bit to much harsh stuff here and there, a reason I stopped checking the forums much lately.

Also extra congrats to @otoppoi , a fellow Jurina Oshi :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.