STAGE48 Feedback & Suggestions V

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Kyobu, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Oh it's absolutely not. It's a culture / Japan vs. the outside thing. That it's odd, strange or weird is totally what people would say... on another forum. I would expect people more or less anywhere outside Japan to be slightly put off by 15-year olds in bikinis. That's only natural because it's a part of modern Japanese culture that isn't shared worldwide. And trust me, it's in no way limited to idols. AKB is only the tip of the iceberg. There's a huge market for underaged gravure models.
    There was a time when I used to think it inappropriate. Especially tight people would say certain things border on pedophilia. But that's them. We know that it's not like that. At least for AKB. Or... at least for most of the fans. :D The good thing about Stage48 is that it's exclusively about AKB48, meaning we don't need to worry what someone else on the outside thinks about the group because we're all likeminded here in a way. I'd say most of us are pretty much past not understanding why the girls do those kind of photoshoots. You don't have to like it, but we need to offer/host it.

I don't have a problem with your comments at all. You're not the only one. I was just saying I can't make them influence my decision on whether we're gonna have more pictures in the threads or not. There's other pros and cons.

2. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    And I don't have problems with gravure pics, when I see them I only shake my head and went on. I say I like AKB at about 75 %, in the missing percent you find such things together with other things. Bye.

3. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I am strongly against merging galleries and discussion threads, even though this might lead to content redundancy.
    If the member galleries are handled properly by us, the users, then they represent super nice tools for archiving a member's picture releases, even in chronological order. For example, we started to comprehensively collect all recent pictures n Sae's gallery, and i do not think we have missed any picture for months now.
    This might have contributed to the dramatic decrease of activity in the discussion thread (as there is no urgent need to post pictures there anymore), but let us face it - "How cute"-worship posts and picspam is not what makes a thread interesting.

About the gravure thingy, every westerner needs to adapt. Frankly, i would never show underage gravure to my friends, because this would immediately lead to misunderstandings and maybe even accusations. However, it is a major part of the AKB experience, and to be honest most of the pictures aren't even that provocative - they show just girls in swimwear. Some member's popularity are hugely based on their gravure work, so there is no way to exclude this from any comprehensive 48G forum.

4. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

A board is not tumblr. But I think you underestimate the power of phpBB. Imgur is a solution but technically, it is a bad solution. Too many clicks just to view a full size image, no popup to avoid page loading, etc.

As said, I think most people come to this fandom for entertainment, not discussion or contributions. And there are some exclusive threads for discussion in this board, anyway. Furthermore, the only time that I saw some real "discussions" in members' thread is when she has some issues such as scandals.

It's largely enforcement issue. It could easily make into a rule. And you think most people will post tons of images into a member thread? First, a thread is related to a member and she herself should not have a lots of photos in a short time (I have no idea why you post images of an event to the event thread but split images of members to different threads). Second, posting images to a host and then copying them here is time-consuming. Attempting to doing it repeatedly in a large scale can be considered spam/troll. Most images are posted by veteran members who should know how to post.

..... you think spreading images across multiple pages is a good way to organize images? :fp: A standard way to archive images/valuable posts is to aggregate their links into a single post and put it at some prominent places (first pages, sticky, etc.). That is the way to organize them in a flexible way, by chronological order, by gallery, by type, etc.

Summary: The reason seems to be technical. Technologies are built to empower us, not constrain us. There are always solutions.

5. rka

Your solution to the constraining technologies would be the merging of discussion and gallery threads and the removal of technical barriers to post pictures of any size?
    What would be the advantage of that?

6. JoshTan

JoshTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    IF I could please interrupt the current convo for a bit..,

I don't mean to be forceful in any way, but I just hope that if anyone who has the authority do move threads has time, please do move these threads to the Graduated Girls Thread.

SNH48 Graduated Members include...

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5730 Gu Xiang Jun (announced, and probably left, considering how she didn't participate in Team SII's 2nd stage shonichi)
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5732 Dong Zhi Yi (same case as above)

Members below already are not part of the group.
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5729 He Yi Chen
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5733 Ding Zi Yan
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5736 Chen Li
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5710 Zhang Xin Fang
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5728 Jiang Yu Xi
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5708 Zeng Yu Jia
    viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5717 Wang Fei Si

JKT48 Graduated Members
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4772 Diasta
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5466 Octi
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4781 Stella
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5452 Dellia
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5460 Nadhifa

Thanks in advance!

7. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    And at the same time clean up in the birthday threads. There are growing moss on some of them. ;)

8. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

..... either I don't understand you or you don't understand me :^^;:

First, there are no "technical" barriers to post pictures of any size. The barrier is artificial set by the admin due to reasons as explained by HRP. I only pointed out that there are ways to accomplish the same thing without constraints. Splitting the members' images from their threads is also an odd constraints. Less constraints, more freedom.

Notice that I don't offer any concrete solutions besides pointing on ImageResizer. Most technical solutions require admin privilege to understand the technical details of the board.

The benefits are clear. You pointed out some yourself.
    other benefits are: flexible organization, more discussions, more exposures

9. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Thanks, I'll move them now.

Regarding the member threads vs the galleries, I can understand having the images in the discussion thread would make it easy to discuss them, but the sheer volume of images that come out would make it kind of horrifying to organise and use. It's easy to set rules but the more complicated the rules the less they'll be followed. I feel simple is best here.

10. rka

I guess its all about personal preferences in the end. Look at this gallery: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=87&start=500
    Last year i started to do weekly updates in which any known picture release was collected and posted as thumbnail. The result is a comprehensive backcatalogue of pictures without discussion breaks. Like a blog-like database (without sorting, of course). In fact it is so complete that even Stud hasn't posted there for a couple of months now :)
    I really like that style. I dont know about others of course, but i would very much like to stick this format.

What i do not like are threads with mixed discussion and pic spam up to 1080p. I am sitting behind a 100 Mbit cable connection (well "up to"^^, but its the fastest connection for consumers i am aware of in GER), and still message boards without pic size limitation can be awefully slow to load. And i guess we have lots of users using 1-6 Mbit DSL.

On the other hand, the 575px barrier is a little unhandy, especially when certain pictures can not be directly linked because the forum cannot recognize picture sizes. Twitter is such an example.

11. conmaxanhle

conmaxanhle Kenkyuusei

Sorry but in this page http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AKB48

Should be like "The group has their own theater in Don Quijote, on Akihabara"

Not "The group has their own theater in Don Quixote, on Akihabara"

12. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Uhm... what kind of English is that anyway? "On Akihabara"?

Make that "on the eighth floor of the Don Quijote store in Akihabara, Tokyo".

You registered just for that?? :blink:

13. rka

Welcome to the forum, then :))

14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    With the announcement of the closure of Ebi48, there will be a few voids in the forum fandom that I think Stage48 has the opportunity to take advantage of. While I am sure others can come up with other suggestions, these are the main two that come to mind for me. Things that I relied on Ebi for...

1) Ebi48 had a news thread on the top of their main page. In addition, this thread also posted directly to twitter. To me it was one of the sources I took advantage of to keep up on the latest news. I'm not sure who on Ebi was in charge of it, but to me they did a great job. I would love to see the News/Release thread be revitalized. It used to be timely, but sorta died a couple of years ago.

2) This is something I have wished Stage would do for a long time, and I have made sure it has been done on Wasamin's release threads. But updated info needs to be placed on the OP of release/event threads. Whenever I need the info on releases I have gone to Ebi because on S48 I need to comb through pages and pages of nonsense by the usual suspects who don't have an internal edit button. So it would be nice if the OPs had the factual info, like tracklists, covers, setlists, etc.

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    We definitely attempt to update OPs and tell ourselves to give good examples, but it's not reaching everyone. I have a certain template for what single thread OPs are supposed to look like, but to some being the first to open a thread is more important than having a proper introduction. Members not wanting to be responsible for the OP should generally not create threads in the News forum.

16. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I like the idea of a news twitter, previously it seemed redundant since a few people were doing it (AKB journal, ebi48 etc). Now I think there's only AKBwrapup and sometimes Melos? Perhaps we could do our own, but that would require 1) people to do it and 2) deciding on what to cover. Wrapup tends to cover a wide variety of things so maybe it could be more "official" news only eg release information. I assume ebi uses a plugin for that so we would need to figure out how to integrate it into a news thread.

Regarding the release threads, I absolutely agree, updating the first post with useful information would be good. We sometimes get it together and do that but sometimes the original poster/mods don't see the information so it doesn't get included etc. Personally I think the best way to handle it is if someone has new information (eg track list, images) then they "report" their own post and tell the mods "please add this to the first post" and then a mod can easily do that. Then it'll show up as a message to us and we can do that (the report button won't immediately ban you or anything, don't worry [hehe] ). I guess it's just a matter of being strict enough to follow guidelines, which is something that you tend to forgot about as time goes on...

17. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I believe it would be better to revive the News and Releales thread. Twitter isn't a part of the forum and the more the info is scattered the less people will read it (I'm not checking s48, G+ twitter, that new site that is being built and all the other sites that might be relevant everyday, that's for sure). Besides, it should be something where anyone was allowed to post (with a clear guideline, of course), because even the admins and mods can miss news (or discover them late).

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I only mention twitter because with Ebi it served as an alert that there was updated news within the AKB48g family. Since most of the forum members are on twitter it was a good way to bring people to the thread. It covered all of the groups, as opposed to just one in the family. But I agree, it begins with the News/Release thread(s). Of course, if I'm not mistaken we can set up email alerts if those threads are updated. Right?

And "reporting" posts with updated FACTUAL info on the releases is a good solution. Would it be okay to report the posts of others. For example, lets say Karles updates the thread with the tracklists. Can I report that post for updating to the OP?

19. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    Hi, sorry if this is an answered question or in the wrong topic.

Is there any other interface for this forum? It's not in tapatalk.

It's a bit pain in the butt to open it in chrome (with the zooming and data usage and all)

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    At the moment there isn't a "mobile friendly" version, that's something we plan on implementing in the not too distant future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.