1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    AKB48 Team TP's Honda Yuzuka has officially graduated. Could you please move her thread to the graduated section. Thank you!

2. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    usually transferred Members will keep their seniority from debut, it was in Nemousu or possibly AKBingo that Nakanishi Chiyori explained that she is between AKB's 12th and 13th gens, all debuted in 2011. I always have a hard time finding Lovetan's thread because I first go to the graduated AKB 3rd gens then remember to check HKT48.

I complain about it in lovetan's thread, But I don't know if its really worth the work to move or make an adjustment. As @sscrla we are stuck with our history and just have to understand the evolution of the group. same as Ayaka Kikuchi (officially graduated as a 7th gen, but appears with 3rd gens ((rightfully so imo)) during the 10th anniversary).

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

If you see on HKT's official site, the 4 kenkyuusei who were promoted earlier this month (and had their final kenkyuusei stage on 8th April) are now officially part of their teams.

Please move these 2 threads to Team H:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/kamijima-kaede-kaede.22475/
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/mizukami-rimika-rimika.22484/

Please move these 2 threads to Team KIV:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/ishibashi-ibuki-ibuki.22471/
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/takemoto-kurumi-kurutan.22481/

Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know the SKE kenkyuusei threads above haven't been moved yet, but I've found more threads that needs to be moved, graduates this time.

SKE kenkyuuseis Kato Yui and Kiuchi Rikako have both graduated at the end of 2020, please move their threads to the SKE graduated section:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/kato-yui-katoyui.23176/
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/kiuchi-rikako-rikapi.23177/

HKT kenkyuusei Kudo Haruka graduated at the end of 2020, please move her thread to the HKT graduated section:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/kudo-haruka-haruchan.22477/

STU member Tanaka Kouko graduated in March 2021, please move her thread to the STU graduated section:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/tanaka-kouko-kokko-kouko.19198/

Thanks!

6. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just checked the SKE48 official website and as of midnight 5/1 the profiles for Jurina and Churi have sadly been deleted so therefore their threads need to go to the Graduated section. :(

(Strangely though, the profiles for Nishi Marina and Hirata Shiina are still on there and my understanding was that they were both supposed to have graduated on 3/31. But even more strangely Marinya was broadcasting in SHOWROOM about 30 minutes ago (just before midnight in Japan), she didn't have SKE48 or Team E next to her name any longer but she did still have the SKE48 logo next to her profile picture.)

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Moved the threads that needed to be moved.

Update: From my experience, different companies have different rules for when a member is removed from the official site. For example, if a tv show was recorded and won't be shown until a month after graduation, she will still represent the group on that show. Accordingly, she is not removed until after that show is aired.

In the case of Marina, 48pedia says: On March 31st, the activity as SKE48 ended on the same day (however, a talk session will also be attended at the single theater board scheduled to be held until May 16th)
    https://48pedia.org/西満里奈

In other words, she is scheduled for a post-graduation handshake for the latest single

From a link on that page:
    [SKE48 27th single "Koi Ochi Flag" (theater version) Local talk session]
    May 1, 2021 (Sat): AICHI SKY EXPO
    May 2, 2021 (Sun): AICHI SKY EXPO
    May 15, 2021 (Sat): AICHI SKY EXPO
    May 16, 2021 (Sun): AICHI SKY EXPO

Also, her showroom, etc., will continue until the 16th.
    SHOWROOM → Friday, May 16, 2021 23:59:59
    Twitter → May 16, 2021 ( Friday) 23:59:59
    Instagram → Friday , May 16, 2021 23:59:59

https://www.ske48.co.jp/news/?id=1613385249

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Hori Miona has been graduated from Nogizaka for a month now. Should her thread move to Nogi graduates?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If you read the post above yours, you know that "graduation" does not necessarily mean "no longer an official member." If she was removed from the official site a month ago, a notice to that effect in this thread would have been helpful.

11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I have a suggestion about the rule of posting every 24 hours if someone else didn't post after you (to avoid spam).

I think this rule maybe made sense in the past when the forums were a lot more active with a lot more users posting, because the chances of having someone reply after you were high. Now even for the most popular 48/46 members, there are very little and most of the time no one posting in the threads so the rule of 24 hours is too much... I do agree that we shouldn't allow spam and double posting, like if someone double post with 5 minutes in between, even 1 hour, it's spam, but my suggestion is to reduce the 24 hours to 12 hours. This way, it can revive a bit the forums.

I'm saying this also because for me, I usually write long posts with a lot of infos and I don't want to make posts that are too long, but at the same time, I always have to wait 24 hours to make another post and it's really long. For example today I posted my review of the drama AKB Love Night but the post was so long that I only did the first 20 episodes and now I'll wait 24 hours to write the rest while I could just write the rest tonight after 12 hours. But this is especially a problem in members thread were almost no one posts (but there are people who read), I'm posting Nappi's updates in her thread, and honestly there's so many things that I want to post and discuss but I don't want my posts to be too long (and to make the page too long), so to wait each time 24 hours to post another update, it's too much. These are just examples but I mean in general the forums don't have enough active users to have a rule that is so strict.

So I suggest to reduce the time to minimum 12 hours (or around this) in between 2 posts of a same user... I hope the mods can discuss this and hopefully reduce the time so that it can bring more life to this forum (and then hopefully encourage more people to post as well!). I think 12 hours is just as effective as 24 hours to avoid spam and double post.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    For some historical perspective, this was the rule not that many years ago.

"Having back-to-back posts is fine if, for example, your last post was 1 week ago "

Alert --- Update --- New Material

Instead of posting after Mana's latest post, I decided to edit this post.

I am interested in seeing if it is invisible.

Note that you don't need to wait 24 hours if you post in a thread that others are interested in. When was the last time you saw 24 hours pass in a Team 8 thread? It doesn't happen very often because people post in those threads. If no one else posts in the threads you post in, perhaps you should ask yourself why. That doesn't mean you shouldn't post in those threads; I often post in low traffic threads, and I have to choose between edit and wait all the time.

So, question, are updates and edits invisible or not?

P.S. Is less than two years ago considered "long ago"?

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There are a lot of rules from long ago that aren't applied anymore. The forums changed a lot through the years, back then the forums had much less threads (much less groups), and the amount of active users was much higher so a situation for a thread to have no one posting for a week would be rare. So that probably didn't even happen much at all. Now with the huge amount of threads and groups, and a lot less active people, I think rules need to be changed to adapt to the current situation of the forum and do what is best for the forums right now. I don't think someone posting in a thread every 10 hours, if the posts are useful (like updates, translations, long opinions, etc.) is considered "spam" at all... The point of the rule is avoid spamming, someone who spams usually does it with like 5 minutes in between or 1 hour, not coming every 10 hours to write something random and spam a thread. This won't be bad for the forums, just nicer to use for people who still want to be active here and share opinions and updates in a regular way. I really hope mods can discuss this and make a change, please!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I've always said that the best approach is to use common sense, more than a strict rule.

Let's say that there's a certain event with four members and you make a post with three videos of that event, from Oricon, Modelpress and WWS Channel. Four hours later someone releases a new video. Is it necessary to post again? No. Common sense tells you that maybe you should just edit your latest post.

When Hasemomo's graduation was announced I had already posted in her thread. The announcement came two hours later. What should I've done? Edit the previous post? Of course not, I wrote a back-to-back one. Again, common sense.

@Mana's case. She could've just edited her first post and write the other reviews. But she thought it would be too big. And quite frankly, no one would probably read it until someone else opened that thread in 2023. Did it bother anyone? No. So, is it really necessary to apply the rule here?
    Come to think of it, if you write multiple posts instead of one wouldn't that help to make the thread easier to read and the pages less heavy?

I see your point here and sometimes it's true. The thing is that it's not always the case. Many times people post and don't get any answer, but you're well aware that people read it and are interested. Overall, people stopped discussing things unless it's a scandal or gravure. The ratings helped to kill it a bit, because now you post something and you get likes, dislikes or something else. There's no discussion at all. People don't say what they liked, what exactly they don't agree with, sometimes you have no idea what's the meaning of certain ratings. I'm sure most of you got dozens of ratings in a row from people that almost never post.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I agree that common sense is the best approach and there's recently been a couple of instances when I've used that. The first was when Paruru posted two videos about 21-22 hours apart. They were both not only very different to each other but she posted them on different YT channels (she has two). In that case I posted the second one in a new post even though it was less than 24 hours after the first so that nobody following her thread missed it.

The second was when Shiichan posted two daily dieting videos about 25-26 hours apart. As they were both short and similar to each other I added the second one to the previous day's post even though it was more than 24 hours later simply to make the thread a little easier to read.

@Aka mentioned Hasemomo's graduation as an instance when he double posted and I remember missing a graduation announcement of one of my oshis in Nogizaka46 a couple of years ago when someone added the news to a post they'd made a few hours earlier which I'd already read. I think there should be a definite exception to the 24-hour rule if a major news event happens such as a graduation.

Generally though I'm in favour of the 24-hour rule. Recently in a UK forum about roads and driving which I regularly read, someone made NINE consecutive posts each with one sentence and a picture. The mods there have no rules to prevent this sort of thing so the posts remained as they were making the thread look very messy indeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I do enjoy reading people's reviews about shows/movies etc. Sometimes I haven't seen them myself, so I have nothing to add, but I still like reading it and try to rate them accordingly. As far as I'm aware, there is also a forum rule not to reply with just an emoji or a reaction, so even if I'd like to help out posters like @Mana to keep up their posts, I know that I don't have anything to contribute myself.

I think in terms of double-posting in case of major news, it's been argued before that it'll be posted anyway if it really is big news, and that it's just about people wanting the internet points for bringing it up first. Personally, I don't see what's wrong with that? Like others have said, as long as it's not literally within the next five minutes, it doesn't really impact anyone. It might also avoid people copying their posts, deleting the original, and reposting it with the new information to ensure people get notified of their post. As a reader, like David mentioned, you might then also not read the post again cause it looks like you've already read it, and you might miss the additional information, which was the point of reposting it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Yes in the past I've used common sense too, and I could have done this for the AKB Love Night reviews indeed. But my main issue is with individual members threads, it's not that those updates/opinions are anything major, it's just what I want to talk about and share, and yes it's true that no one replies but that doesn't mean that no one cares, in fact I get ratings, so I know that there are people who care (just look in this page, my posts got ratings, just because there are not many replies doesn't mean that no one cares/reads).

I don't think that changing the rules would affect the forum in a bad way because honestly there aren't that many active people here and many people read but don't post, so for the few users who post, it would be nice if we can post when we want if the posts are relevant (informations, opinions/reviews, translations, general updates).

I think it should be more that if someone does spam (like posting 9 times in a row with 1 line) then mods should tell them that they spam. This behavior is very rare so it's not like it will become a big problem that can't be handled... However for the users who still want to use this forum to share updates or opinions, it would be great if I can make a new post whenever I have something new to share and when my previous post is too long and already hours before (which means almost no one will see if I edit it anyway). it's not considered spam at all. it could be 6 hours later, 12 hours or 16 hours... if both posts have informations, then I don't know what's the purpose to wait for 24 hours, because either way it's not spam. (yes I know I said it should be lowered to 12 hours earlier but thinking about it, even if like 8 hours pass, it's still not spam... it's just different informations)

Well, I think quite a lot of people agree with this... So I would like to know the opinions of other mods about this...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Mods have their own place for discussion, and they are aware of your discussion here. However, you may not hear from another mod until the mods reach a consensus.

19. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    @Mana
    you've now written 3 posts with virtually the same arguments, I think you've made your point

So far Aka, Bonjourmarlene and David61 have responded, and you have 5 agrees and 1 like on your original post, I think it's a bit premature to conclude that 'quite a lot of people agree with this'

As far as I know no one will really complain if you double post really, really important stuff, neither will we send a SWAT team to your house if you by accident post half an hour too early
    And for the most part amending your previous post is imho only inconvenient as you won't know what part of your post reactions are aimed at

As for really long posts .... most people will quickly scroll past wall-of-text post, so use spoiler or quote tags to collapse the less relevant info, people reading your post will expand it when they think it's something interesting
    (which manna herself did in the AKB Love Night Koi Koujou (2016/4/20~) thread)

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Considering how many people read this thread and how many active users are on this forum... yes it's quite a lot. o_o We could also ask all users, I'm sure almost no one will be against.

I'm fine with having things under spoiler when it's long text and when it has spoilers (like drama reviews) but there is no reason for me to put something under spoiler if it's for example, Twitter or other social media updates, my opinion on a theater stage, videos etc. if I'm going to hide it all then might as well not post it.

well I posted again here to say that this isn't about posting "very important stuff" or about posting 30 minutes before 24 hours passed... it's about being able to make a new post when I want to, if the posts are all relevant, not just one line. I don't understand why waiting 24 hours is necessary, because it's not spam anyway... I don't know how it would be a bad thing for the forums if this is allowed. Anyway it's good to know if mods have a place where they discuss this and I'll wait to hear an update, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1