1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    Are there no more global stickies? Or are there just none implemented right now?

2. milo

milo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    From a useability point of view, I find the messageMeta div (containing the author (duplicated info!), when posted, report etc. links) positioning distracting for short posts as it sits in the middle of the post, and it also catches the eye when trying to skim down a page because part of it is left-aligned.

A few suggestions:
    1. remove author part! that info is already to the left of post :D
    2. move post time and report links over to the right with the like/reply links either on same line or above them with a line break, or
    3. if you want to keep messageMeta as it is, maybe put it above the messageContent div or position it at the bottom of the post - in either case this moves it nearer the split between posts and hopefully doesn't catch the eye as much when skimming down a page.

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    FYI, I notice we still have Ogawa Noa listed in the NMB48 kks thread. Didn't she graduate a while ago?

4. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Regarding Tapatalk, I had a quick look and it appears it hasn't been updated to support the brand new version of this software that we're on yet. I'll check back later and when support seems to be there I can set it up.

At the moment signatures can't be disabled on a case by case basis. We'll need to figure out a way around that.

The software doesn't support global stickies by default unfortunately, we're looking into it. It's obviously a useful thing to have so wanna do something equivalent at least.

The default was 4 character minimum, set it to 3. There you go ;)

That was the default, I've set the limit to 100. I don't know if you're just being funny with "nonsense" but I don't appreciate the tone though.

5. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    no chat room??

6. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'll get it added back in.

7. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i remember that last forum had different shade on each post to not tire the eyes of the viewer

Example : the first post is bright, the following post is a little bit darker, then the other one is bright again (so you can differentiate the post more easily)

you think you can put it back?

thanks in advance

8. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I got some problem when I uploaded files. They placed themselves at the top before my text, I couldn't choose the place.

9. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    (thank you) ah sorry about that, it was meant in a non-serious manner but i guess i should have thought about how it could be taken haha >...<

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    There's a point the limit was at 20 (by default). We got twenty posts showing on one page and by setting the images-per-post limit to a hundred we could be looking at two thousand thumbnails on a single page (in the galleries for example). I don't think there's a downside to making multiple posts or more posts than before to get all one's pictures posted.

In any case we're looking at the needs of our members and are going to adjust the forum accordingly in the next few weeks.

11. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    It seems that the software doesn't support [table] tags right now. Would it be possible to add support for these tags, or implement some other way to create tables?

Also a suggestion for the design: how about styling unread posts differently? Like putting a border around them or something. Right not the only thing showing that a post hasn't been read is the small "New" label to the right, which is easy to miss.

And finally: would it be possible to change the background color of the stickied threads in the thread list? This way it would be easier to tell stickied and non-stickied threads apart.

12. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    I wonder what is actually happened when the forum down for two times just now...
    [​IMG]

Anyway, is this actually normal??
    upload_2014-4-3_23-59-55.png
    I mean it is really placed like that? (the profile square box becomes get out of the bottom?)
    I'm using laptop with small screen anyway (1024 x 600 px)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  13. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Thanks for noticing this. And I have actually tried all your suggestion and have tested them.
    It's actually a good place where it's at right now.. Putting it at the right just kinda catches your eye more, since most of the signatures are left aligned and it's the only thing at the right alignment.
    Putting it also in the bottom most of the messageContent div also catches your eye more, because if the message is shorter and has a short signature, it mostly looks like it has 3 separate containers.
    I've just took out the author part, since that's the most reasonable to make us both happy. yey! :cute:

I've put it back in, but currently I have set the default to a light gray and it's other counter part as white. Won't really notice the difference if you have a bright monitor, but it's there.
    I don't want to use a darker gray than what I've used before since it'll be almost the same as the avatar holder.

Yes. It's actually styled like that :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    I know this might just be me having bad eyes, but I think it is quite hard to notice links since they are almost the same gray color as the rest of the text. Using a BBcode color doesn't change the color either on links at least.

Also, is it possible to add a color selector to the Rich Text Editor and re-add some very commonly used BBcode functions when you use BBcode like it used to be?

EDIT: And yay! I see we got a way to display the birthday banner still!

15. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    The color picker on the rich text editor is the 4th icon from left to right. The letter A with a line underneath. :)

16. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    I know that is what I did. But what I tried to do were:

Code:
    [color=blue][url](Link here)[/url][/color]
    I didn't see it, thanks for pointing out!

17. milo

milo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    :blink: Aha, I guess it's probably because I'm used to turning sigs off on forums I read, as they tend to double the length of the page!
    Without signatures enabled, it's more noticeable. Anyway, fair enough, I understand it's gonna be difficult to cover all possible cases and am glad you gave it consideration.

18. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I think the Iwata Karen birthday thread needs to be moved to 'Forum Projects'. :)

19. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Sorry to be persistent, but could I convince you to reconsider this? When it's a long post or the user has a signature, that line with the date looks fine. But on short posts without any signature (or if you have signatures turned off like me) that line gets placed smack in the middle of the post, which looks weird.

[​IMG]

I understand that your intention is to make that date line not too eye-catching, but as it is right now it actually stands out more, at least for me.

20. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Quick suggestion, disabling signatures in galleries like before? Otherwise it looks like someone has uploaded the same picture over and over into the gallery threads as there is no text to break it up.