1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@sscrla Thanks, I saw it, that's why I've removed my question here (I did it before seeing your post).

Anyway I'm pretty sure none of my posts today were disrespectful or problematic or attacking any user personally so I failed to see why I got banned. Sure, the discussion got dragged a bit, but this happens so many times on stage48. all my posts today were only discussing in a respectful way. and I wasn't the one who started the discussion either. it makes no sense that I get banned for 15 days because of those posts, honestly. but alright, moving on.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Now I'm pretty sure who the other user is :XD:

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    With the recent news of Photobucket no longer allowing third party hosting (without paying to a plan that costs an absurd $40/month or $400/year)...should we try to remove Photobucket photos, especially the older posts? I know this could be a risky situation, and who knows if someone is willing to pay that much (would be unusually ridiculous), but particularly the older images that have been deleted for quite a long time...

Anyways I did realize that we passed the June bandwidth test despite the election season during that month. Let's see how we can optimize bandwidth usage here on Stage48...

EDIT: Did I just realize this was my 2,000th post here on Stage48, accounting for post deletions? :O

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @ithebigc Would it be possible to fit in the AKB48 16th gen members in the Oshimen-list (on users' "Personal Details" page) if graduated members were removed from the list?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Nope, list is full. And none of the staff current know how to add or remove names from it anyways.

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There is a problem with Chrome when trying to edit a post and you select more options. Chrome then returns:

This page isn’t working
    Chrome detected unusual code on this page and blocked it to protect your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, and credit cards).
    • Try visiting the site's homepage.
    ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR

A google search for ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR hints that it could be overcome by changing a few lines of the underlying code, but it is way over my head.

Here is how we fit in:
    "The issue is almost always caused by some HTML-formatted content being sent via POST within the request, which is a rather common behavior for a number of modern web tools and features – such as WYSIWYG editors, interactive uploaders, AJAX-based CMS real-time updates, and so on."

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I have had this issue as well, although it isn't consistent, and only occurs on occasional posts. Not sure what to do about it. Sounds like a job for @Mr Waffle , or at least needs to be brought to the attention of @ithebigc

8. ABF48

ABF48 Member

please add feature so we can embed tweet to this forum, sometimes its too troublesome if i must find the source other than from twitter and then again still do all the works like copy paste etc..

9. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    One bad practice has been increasingly bothering me: anonymous links/images.

By anonymous I mean not having any description, identification, relation. Just dropped into a post without an additional word. I've started noticing this since this post in gallery - namely, I wanted to save these scans, but to my surprise I've noticed that I neither know how to name the files, nor I can search locally, whether I didn't do this already (fallible memory, you know) - there is no information at all! No source, issue, whatever.

External links always come with a problem on its own: they can die. Anytime. Above images are hosted on imgur, so if that service will go belly up, it won't be even possible to replace contents of the post, not even search for it... A complete waste of a post.

A similar problem is with links going offsite in a discussion, like this one. If you look at post alone, you don't really have an idea what is it about - and Twitter (to make things worse than they already are) has a life of its own; even if tweet will stay online, it doesn't mean that links to it will work a mere week later. So imagine reading that thread with a few days' delay - you already have no idea, what is it about... Not to mention that necessity to open said link without a slightest idea, what is it about and whether it is really worth it at all (!), only to understand what is going on in the thread. Kills the flow and is a waste of time for other users. Not only mobile.

My proposal is simple: external links/images should have either identification (source of images, name of article or video and so on) or description/explanation of most important points made as if there was no link or it was already dead. Yes, links should be treated as defunct from the very start.

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    While taking things and sourcing them is a good habit of practice, it shouldn't be a thing that should be mandatory requirement but instead encouraged etiquette. So it's nice and all if it's properly sourced and stuff but if the user decides not to do it then we shouldn't really be demanding him or her to do it, since no one are required to share infos in the first place or even "properly sourced" info that said.

If this is the academic study of AKB contents then sure lol but unfortunately it's not. And everywhere else in fandom forums even in 2ch are citing stuff like this (Even worst as most of the time they just provide a link with no info no comment or whatever, that is truly clicking something that you have no idea what is until it pops into your screen.) Seriously aint nobody got time for that...unless of course the exception of first post on newly opened threads which should be nicely cited and organized. Point is the info posts helps discussions and shouldn't be the main focus here imo.

If you treat the forum as an archive then sure your points are very legit, but the forum shouldn't be an archive of infos which instead should suppose to be an interactive discussion platform which means its main purpose functions for people to discuss things. Plus everyone has a different standard of proper sourcing and it's pain in the ass for some to do it (me). And even if the user copy and paste the info straight out from the tweet, its all Japanese and you will have to either google translate it or somehow guess what it says if your Japanese ain't that proficient (Simply saying you will be doing the same extent of clicking anyways). I can't speak for everyone else but personally speaking I won't be having time to translate/transcribe all that for people for every single news/updates I put out here since there are tons of other stuff happening every day. (Unless the info is very worth discussing into some kind of depth, then I often provide a detailed info post)

I mean is it really that hard to click the link and use some extent of 48/46 intellectual knowledge to figure out things by oneself?

Also if you are late to the party and missed the info or whatever then it's really nobodies responsibility to re-rediscuss stuff that was like two or three weeks ago or even years ago...just be active and stay online for latest discussions...

And I thought "Yukirin and golf season 2" is pretty clear of what that link is going to be about and it is still not dead yet lol

To what my suggestion should be is that for the sake of most 48/46 info are from twitter, please somehow integrate it like youtube links where it simply straight up shows the embedded video on the post. Much less hassle for everyone. "Save a click" eh.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  11. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Referring to 2ch is a bad argument, LOL.
    But has got the time to click "send"? It's also about respecting community: spammers just send, posters put some thought before doing publishing anything.
    Imagine thread that consists of links alone, no information, opinion... A nice read?
    It's not necessary to write everything in detail - that would be translation or something; I said about description, even a single sentence can be sufficient. Argument with a tweet is slightly a miss - if it's linked, then poster apparently understands enough to consider this worthy, so why not tell a word or two for those that don't understand the language? Even in case of partial understanding saying "I see here producer Y tweeting something apparently important about X, can someone translate?" is OK.
    It's more about integrality of the forum itself, than reading linked content.
    Please consider one characteristics of the forum: it's content is permanent, it's not a chat that's cleared after a day or week. So it's natural that old messages will be read one day in a future, even really far. I've been digging myself through own posts down to 2011. Now imagine again finding a thread consisting of empty squares and links to long dead sites, with little or none opinions or information worded in a way that reflects perception or current state of knowledge.
    Maybe the link is about second season being cancelled? Or that someone else will replace Yuki? How do I say?
    Partial solution and a lot harder with current administration than mere change of rules ;)

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @goratnik

I get your point. Although when it comes to the gallery, we have never asked the users to cite a source when they post pictures. Moreover, the gallery threads have always been thought of as "no discussion," which means no text. Although I personally have no issue if someone wants to write a source/description. Actually, people occasionally do that.

As for your issue with the twitter link specifically, I'm not sure I understand the issue. Are you saying that the twitter links specifically go dead? Why? Is it because the tweet gets deleted? On the other hand...

I do see A LOT of people leaving huge "laundry lists" of links on posts. Sometimes with a description, sometimes not. This I do personally have issue with for a number of reasons. What I am noticing is that there are certain member threads just filled with "content diarrhea" (as I like to call it) I know some people have the attitude of the more content the better. However, I feel the opposite. Quantity does NOT equal quality. There is no reason to regurgitate EVERY SINGLE social media post/mention/video/showroom/whatever on member threads. It has come to a point where some of the content being posted here is quite excessive, and it many cases it makes the threads in question very difficult to read. Furthermore...

I do agree that the amount of dead links to videos, sites, social media on this forum is staggering, especially in the case of YouTube videos. Last month I deleted over a thousand dead YouTube links off of this forum, and these were only from the last 4-6 months. I have mentioned it privately to a few of the biggest "offenders," and I will say it again here. You guys need to be responsible for the posts you make on this forum. There are people on this forum who post a gigantic amount of content that eventually becomes dead or outdated, and very few of you actually take the time to update or fix these posts. This needs to change. I'm not saying you have to keep track of everything you post forever, but as a moderator I get quite tired of going into thread after thread and seeing a bunch of dead links posted by the same users over and over and over again.

So I am going to say this here and now. You guys are now responsible for the posts you make on this forum. This means, if you post a bunch of videos, photos, or links that go dead, you are responsible for cleaning up and/or deleting the posts. If I see an excessive amount of dead links or photos from a specific user, I will give one warning. If I do not see improvement, I will take remedial action.

Second, I want to see some of you (and I don't need to mention names, you all know who you are) using better judgement, and being a little more selective on the content you post. Frankly, some of you are crossing the line from contributor to SPAMMER. The member threads are supposed to be a place for discussion, and highlights of what's going on with a member. We do not need to have every SHOWROOM, every tweet, every instagram, every google+ that they post OR are merely mentioned in on the thread. If somebody is THAT interested in a member, they will find this stuff on their own.

THIS...EXACTLY!!!

You are actually doing yourself a disservice if your goal is to make the member more popular, because the glut of information is overwhelming, and frankly has the potential of scaring people off.

Finally, as far as the recent discussion of embedding Twitter, I am personally not in favor of it, for the same reasons I mentioned above. To me it will just further encourage the spammy behavior we already see on member threads. I can see it all now, every member thread will just become a mess of Showroom and twitter embeds. No thank you.

If a member tweets something newsworthy, or exceptionally interesting, then talk about it on the thread and post a link.

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just go to any other forum. It's the same.

2ch is the extreme case where surprisingly people there are intelligent enough to actually figure things out by themselves.

Well I didn't say it's alright to post like a 2ch user. I'm just saying no one needs to feel compel or pressured for the sake of catering to your demands of what is a "quality post". It's just cool if the person does it if they don't do it then it's cool too.

Click it and you will find out, simple as that. Because that's how I found it out too.

So what if the future person clicks on links and it doesn't work ten years after...too bad, life sucks, deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I will do a little clean up and put SHOWROOMs in the same posts for ones that don't have a post after it (I admit I could have it a little more organized and such).

But I'm not going to stop doing that bc imo it's something about that girl and I feel the need to post it for anybody that wants to see so they don't have to go looking for it on their own, Same with any other stuff.

Also agree with @marioworldakb in no one needs to feel compel or pressured for the sake of catering to your demands of what is a "quality post". Honestly, I'd love to see more people helping (Like Me, Him, Rurouni, kanjo, CutePanda, humbucker, fatrain and the bunch of other people who help get info out on what's happening with a girl) But it's no big deal if you don't.

Also agree on the last thing he said as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

As someone who purchases a lot of gravure I have to say it's valuable when someone quotes the magazine name and issue number or month/year when they post a picture or mag shoot. This can save time and money which is a utility for the members of the forum.

That's a fair point, but there are so many member threads on the forum that are dead, I find it hard to criticise when someone takes an interest in a member and gathers information on them, I think that can in turn can get more people interested in a member.

What I do wish is that these "information" posts would provoke more discussion. I find that those posts that include an opinion, observation or translation are better at inspiring others to talk, that's my anecdotal observation anyway.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    These are two other issues...but since it has been spoken out now...

1. Dear @Cristafari you might be the administrator here but I kindly remind you that you are not king here who owns this place.

It's fair game if you punish people when they are misbehaving and trolling and stuff. And that is what you should be only doing.

Cuz you do not dictate what people should or should not post. Who are you to decide which SNS is important or not important enough to be post worthy? How do you even know what interests people for discussion? Do you even know that young groups like STU, NGT and Team 8 are solely relying heavily on Twitter, Showroom, Instagram to ditribute their latest infos and maybe thats why we are "spamming" these infos huh ever thought of that? You might not care about these girls but you cannot speak for others on their behalf of their interests. What I think is important is important so I post it. Simple as that.

And it's riduculous you are condemning the best contributors in this forum because of this.

It's not our fault that some members thread are not "interactive" enough. And do you think we like to be constantly talking to ourselves? We do it because we have the passion to do it hoping there would be more people joining the discussion. We ain't getting paid by AKS to promote certain members by spamming their info. We do it because we love to do so in our way of expression. I mean come on, sure tbh I also may not like all the styles of these people posts but give them much respect and appreciation for their contribution to this forum, whether or not you may think their style of "quality post" does not fit to your standard.

Because quite frankly speaking, that these people are a huge reason why this forum is still alive. Or else no one will even take time to even post anything for like weeks or months since like 90% of the users here are lurkers. And by that time good luck with having quality discussions, cuz there won't be anyone here talking about AKB or anything related anymore. Even if there is the discussions it will be probably very outdated and conversations are like writing e-mails which take 2 or 3 days to reply back and forth. You want that to happen? Because there are lots of forums are dying like this.

2. Oh also the dead video link thing...the next time you delete my posts how about kindly giving me a heads up first to fix it, I didn't say I wouldn't fix them did I??? As you already mentioned I ain't have time to follow up everything I post and most of the time I am legitly not aware that my videos are dead. And when you delete them I have no idea and do not remember what that video was about and it pisses me off. And giving me a warning for this after the fact is just pure BS and unfair.

So I am going to say it here and now. My youtube has been banned because copyright strikes, and all my videos have been deleted along with my channel. I am already sad about it and I do not have time to fix it immediately because I have other important things in real life I need to deal with. But I am planning to move all my videos to dailymotion and so re-uploading the videos may probably take 2 or 3 weeks when everything is fixed. So please, by then give me time to fix it and don't delete my posts.

And this is exactly the reason why I'm moving my contents to tumblr...some rules here are just plain stupid...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because tumblr is more active and has better quality discussion than S48, right. That hasn't been my experience.

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No because I can write whatever the buck I want without being criticized and more importantly my stuff won't be deleted and well organized so people won't say I'm spamming sheeeet.

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, lets address this point by point, since some of you have trouble understanding what I said. Not to mention some of you are combining my and Goratnik's post into one opinion....

First off, I made no demands of what a quality post should look like. Let me quote myself...

"Second, I want to see some of you (and I don't need to mention names, you all know who you are) using better judgement, and being a little more selective on the content you post. Frankly, some of you are crossing the line from contributor to SPAMMER. The member threads are supposed to be a place for discussion, and highlights of what's going on with a member. We do not need to have every SHOWROOM, every tweet, every instagram, every google+ that they post OR are merely mentioned in on the thread. If somebody is THAT interested in a member, they will find this stuff on their own."

I asked people to use better judgement. Once again, it is a debate of quality versus quantity. And frankly, (and I am not alone in this opinion) there are some people who cross the line of contributing to spamming. I am not mentioning names, and I would like to also point out that I DID NOT say that "posting a lot=spamming." There are people here who post a lot that I do not think are spamming the forum. In fact, some of the names on your list weren't even in my mind. But there are people who I DO feel cross that line.

I agree. And I have thought about that quite a bit. But there is a difference between a healthy and active thread and a thread that contains a daily explosion of information. It is excessive to post every single tiny little tidbit of information you find on the internet. And once again , I contend that in SOME cases, the threads are very difficult to read because of this.

I find it interesting that you assume I am talking about you. Am I? Did I mention you?

First of all, don't tell me how to moderate this forum. As far as YOU are concerned, I am GOD here. If I see an issue, I am going to consult with the people I share this responsibility with, and deal with it the way I/we think is best

Second of all, telling people to "use better judgement" is not dictating what to post. What I AM saying that there are people here who are crossing the line from contributing to spamming. What I am further saying is that is people edited themselves, their posts might be more effective in attracting people to read them. These huge, daily, laundry list posts of pics, videos, links, tweets, fanart, more links, more pics are excessive, and I INVITED people rethink how they are posting in these threads.

Was every tweet so compelling that it needed to be posted on the thread?
    Was every single picture so amazing it needed to be posted on the thread?
    Was every mention so interesting it needed to be posted on the thread?
    Are ALL FIFTY of those links necessary?

However, the dead YouTube/DailyMotion link thing is another story. I'm sick of hearing complaints about it. I'm sick of seeing it. And I want people to be more responsible for what they post here, and not just shit video links all over the forum. The dead link thing is symptomatic of the spammy behavior.

Furthermore, this is a general observation. Whether or not I am a fan of a specific member is irrelevant. I don't need to be a member's superfan to be able to tell the difference between contributing and spamming.

NO.

Sorry, I am not going to send out 1000 PM's asking people to fix their posts, and then hope they do it. I have tried that before. It doesn't work. 1/3 comply, 1/3 ignore, and 1/3 argue. If you don't want your posts deleted, then keep track and fix them. If the violations or dead links were happening just once in a while, that would be one thing. But I am not going to waste my time keeping track of hundreds of PMs in hopes that people comply.

Once again, I am saying is that people are doing themselves a huge disservice by regurgitating every last tiny bit of minutia from social media. It would be much more effective if they stuck with the most interesting stuff. And the laundry list posts, especially when they are being done on a daily basis, are too much. So think about it. AND, I am telling people to clean up their dead links.

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Hey GOD look...I ain't gunna waste my time to argue with you since you ain't gunna agree to anything to what a lowly human wota like me say anyways.

All I am concerned is that, please don't fricking delete my posts that have dead videos in it. I will fix them. Just give me time to do it okay?

And one last time no one can tell what others should be posting. If people thinks anything is worthy to post then post it. As long as they are not breaking the rules of the forum. Plus I dare you not ban them from the forum just because they post "shit video links" right.

I am done with this matter.