1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    It looks like everyone (except staff) has become a Kenkyuusei ranking. At first I thought only I had been bumped down and was like "Oh no what did I do!?" Are there changes coming? I figured I'd put it here though in case it's a mistake.

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's just like it's supposed to be. :)

3. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Better with Kenkyuusei because it is not gender related. This is not a big deal, more a flaw.

4. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Being labeled as a Kenkyuusei seems like a good restart, its quite energizing.:banana:

Well, if you mind, this is a forum, everything you post is up for discussion and contention if you don't want it to be challenge then don't post it.

I hardly care for the members wanting to change username, the problem arises when their former username is retain when quoted distorting the discussion they entered when they are reviewed. Now, I can track them down without them notifying the change through the time they join and their location thus making those two little details important.

These perception about hierarchy is quite dumb, in time you will realize that post count mean nothing but numbers without significance. Its your arguments that matter. A lot of members has thousands of post without substance, they are polluting the forum and I will not detach myself from these, there was a time when it was considered fun, it now lit like a scar when viewed these days.

Its actually the factual witty remarks that are remembered and only a few members can own these. In time new members will learn to discern whose post really need the attention without looking at the post count and stint as a member. And also, realize who are the highfalutin members of this forum that should be ignored.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Is there a way to filter the "New Posts" button, and save it in your preferences? For example, I'd rather not see all the new posts in the Galleries, but sometimes they dominate the list.

6. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

LOL, I hadn't thought of that! :lol:
    Anyway, the progression system has some good points...they say that 'with great power comes great responsability' so, when you lose that power...you don't need to worry about the responsability anymore...;)

7. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I've a suggestion (not sure if it's attainable in the near future though :^^;:): since S48 is so rich with 48g resources (Wiki48, Studio48, galleries, etc), why not make a general timeline for the 48groups? That way new fans can track down when exactly do single releases, sousenkyo, janken tai, shonichi for new stages, concerts, etc etc happen. I mean, Soshified, SNSD's biggest international fansite (I think) has one of those, and I think a timeline would be needed more in a large, extensive fandom like the 48g ;)

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'd love to do this at some point, actually. Occasionally AKB books have timelines in them but obviously they're in Japanese so we'd need to compile it outselves, I'll take a look at what that site has and see if we can... er... borrow it :p

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's a possibility. We can create something along those lines on the "Home" page (to separate it more from the "Forums" page as PinappleCrunch suggested). Right now we're still looking to put the finishing touches on the actual forum and its usability. One thing at a time.

10. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    It seems 'Like' in 'Profile Post' count as Received Like in Post Ratings.
    RatingSystem.JPG RatingSystem2.JPG

Is this not part of the unimplemented rating system, yet it counts as Positive Rating.

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It does. No biggie. I'll change something about that still.

12. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I'm not bothered by it, just a curious manifestation on why it act like that, since I was assuming the rating system works only on forum post.

Hmm... is there an efficient way in searching your posts since I can't do page jump like in phpbb and the internal search engine can't find what I'm looking for in my post.

13. Genbu

Genbu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    it's great to have a thread prefix on AKB News & Releases first. It makes me clear when reading the thread title. But it would be nice if thread prefix is applicable on member thread, especially the ones who have kennin status. but do you think it's doable?

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I don't know if it's possible, but :

i noticed that there's a feature that allow you to put your twitter account below your avatar, which is extremely convenient. (easier for me to follow AKB fans)

So why not include the same extra link to your oshimen so when you click on it, it will redirect you right away to the member's thread?

If people are interested on my oshimen, they might want to look at the thread to take further information, and eventually become a fan too!

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I toyed with that idea when we were upgrading the forum, unfortunately it seems we can only pick one prefix per thread, so doubling up on them for kennin isn't possible I think. At some point I would like to have at least the main team prefixes in there, though after we re-arranged the girls forums into their own teams maybe it's redundant? Hmmm...

It's an interesting idea but the twitter auto-link is built in, I think we'd have to come up with some way to actually code it into the forum, so at the moment it's probably not doable without some work.

16. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I'm having problem performing paste on mobile. Instead of pasting what I copied to the clipboard it copies the last character I entered. I don't have this problem with tapatalk but sometimes I browse using Firefox because of the limited function on tapatalk. Please look into it.

17. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    By the way the Location field is also a link. It takes you to a Google Maps search. Just thought I'd mention it.

18. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Would you consider adding graduated girls to Oshimen filed list under profile page.

19. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Admin already says about this in other thread:

20. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Fair enough, but since Oshimen is MANDATORY field in profile and is visible under avatar with every post {n/a} there feels like error message lol.
    Maybe DD should be added or option to hide it.