Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Just to be clear, when I said "shit video links" SHIT was being used as a verb, not an adjective. As in, there are people who are all over the forum dropping links everywhere they can think of, like so many little turds, and when these video inevitably go dead, we then have dead links all over the forum.

And good, I don't feel like arguing about it either. I stated what I stated, and that's it. If you choose to somehow be offended by it, so be it.

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    A suggestion about Showrooms: treat them like Galleries. Go to Team A you see Team A Gallery, with threads for each member. If there were a similar Team A Showrooms with threads for each member, this would get the multitude of Showrooms out of the individual threads. As someone who watches a number of threads and who doesn't understand Japanese, I often get a notice of new content, but all I get is a new showroom. I would like to find news about a member; a showroom is a kind of news, but a very specialized one where you can't even use Google translate (yet).

I think FF and others do a great job of posting Showrooms for those who are interested, and those people could find them all under a Showroom master thread. Would there be cross posting for Showrooms with multiple members? Yes, but we already have cross posting when a picture contains multiple members.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think the way Cisalpine and Humbucker present Showrooms on the Maho and Nakai threads respectively is pretty good. They usually put a context as to why they posted one, what was significant in it and why we should care. There may be others that do something similar on other threads but these are the ones that I can recall seeing that provide a real utility.

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Problem is we don't have enough people like them to provide a digest and humbucker usually does article digest instead of SR lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The point is that he gives context instead of just randomly crapping links or embeds.

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Err... all these suggestions rarely comes to fruition until something breaks then new members arrive to do the same mistakes all over again. Its a cycle. It damn it is. If there is one thing that's keeping this thing intact, its the moderators. Whether they are right or wrong, they are right! Its crazy, but they make things work here. Rarely do members arrive at the consensus and rarely do it last. What could be considered good practice to a batch of members might not sit well with the next. Different times, different egos, just so much variable to arrive at something worthwhile that its better to just leave it to the moderators to sort it out.

I'm not much into this SR issue as I source them from Wlerin's uploads and somehow manage to ignore it but its a bit distressing to see them in this number. How about reducing it to those that actually generate discussions because the forum can't be made to absorb it all.

Another thing, even if this falls to deaf ears, I might as well persuade some. Can we please tone down with the image uploading to the forum. I understand people are worried of imgur etc going down but this forum will be the first to go when it gets so bloated by all these images. I use to practice this and you could credit me for a few hundred (near a thousand maybe, or more?) adding to the problem. I didn't realize this until Mr Waffle noted the problem during the migration of having the forum size larger than expected.

If it really couldn't be help maybe just the few you considered too important that your great great grandchildren need to see.

Cheers!

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I really dun see how reducing the "crap video links" or matome stuff in members thread will make you guys discuss more anyways lololol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

8. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I also don't click videos unless context is provided. Whoever's posting it has to say something. For instance in Naachan's thread the people who post videos there always give context or a blurb about what it is, ex "in Naachan's showroom today she sang karaoke with her sister". Now that I wanna see! But I wouldn't click it if it didn't have the explanation there, because without text my eyes pass right over it. If the person posting it has nothing to say about it then how exciting could it be?

I guess everyone has different ways of thinking, but this is first and foremost a discussion forum so it's important to talk about things you're interested in and try to get others interested in them as well. If I'm visiting Paru's thread and I'm not a big fan of hers but I'm looking for information on her, what's the reason I should click on a video with no explanation attached?
    Though whether adding text to your video "promotes discussion" or not doesn't matter, it is simply the appropriate thing to do on a forum.

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    mmmk I confess.

1. No, it's not necessary for every single one of them.

2. Yes I have too much time and I like to stalk members intel as accurate as possible while telling everyone along the way what I have found cuz it's fun.

;)

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The question becomes is this a forum or a blog?

You need something to stimulate conversation. But does too much stifle conversation?

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Forum.

Sure.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

First it was people here having a fit because members here wish a member a Happy Birthdays, Now it's because we don't write essays (or have "quality" when posting info about a girl. So what's the next thing people here going to have a sudden problem about? (Since we all know the new past time here is that everybody has be miserable and whine that every little thing that people do here is so terrible).

Whoopie damn doo, people are posting info about more then one girl. The fact that you think this is some kind of competition is just :fp:.

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Tbh most "discussion" people have here are always trying to pick a fight with one another or trying to prove oneself correct in whatever baseless theory that comes up in their mind while expressing themselves in a variety of rude manners arguing back and forth. How about stop doing that too huh? It's just as crap. :rolleyes:

If I had to choose I'd rather post random pictures of puppies and cup cakes cuz I won't see any whining, complaining or offensive "constructive criticism" comments out of them.

I mean at least it's fun, relaxing, positive and I can make more friends this way.

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This is what I am talking about

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Cause posting fan art or members who post a pic of what they were eating is really killing this place now :rolleyes:.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Point proven. "your personal shit posting station" was very much unnecessary offensive wink-wink "constructive criticism". You are a cool guy too hope you can take my advice.

How do you not know that I already filtered out the even more random useless info before I post?

I am already engaged in 3 group chats whatsapp/line/wechat, 1 discord group, 1 translation group participation, personal blog, personal twitter and multiple PM conversations already as far as you are concerned thank you.

lmao nice I don't count them thanks for telling me, and most of them random one-liners you say? Yeah, one-liners that hit the point which works as effective as to a whole page essay lol

And to make this clear I don't even or rarely post food pic or fan art.

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I mean I'm having a good time discussing in the members thread with fellow forum members who share a same passion what else can I say?

Yeah, and like 90% of the comments in those threads are like this anyways. Can't help you if you are not a small talk kind of guy. Not everything needs to be enjoyed in essays and logical reasoning. I mean feel free to post up long essays in those threads I'll respond appropriately in the right amount of length and thought put in it too that is if you are even interested in talking about those girls in the first place. Maybe you are the one who needs to relax sometimes.

Emojis. Lots of emojis. Pic spams.

Well since you were concerned about my activity and suggested where I should be going and so I thought you were interested to know where I am at already.

So think we can end this discussion? :flower:

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    OMG, you guys are being ridiculous. First of all....

@marioworldakb I wasn't even talking about you, so calm down. Granted, I am alarmed by the volume of posts you make here. But again, it wasn't the issue I was trying to address. As I said, Posting a lot =/= Spamming

@ForrestFuller I wasn't talking about you either, so you can calm down too. Although tbh I do think you get a bit spammy in the Kato Minami thread. But as I have said on multiple occasions to multiple people, I believe your contributions far outweigh any of that stuff. Furthermore, I even tried to lobby to get you on staff.

What I find troublesome is the following....

1) People who are all over the forum dropping every last tiny bit of content in any thread they can, regardless of how minor or unimportant that content is. This is spamming. We don't need every last tiny bit of fan art, pictures, social media posts, mentions that every single member is peripherally involved in.

2) Overdoing it with an explosion of information on every post. I see too many posts with a ton of tweets, a ton of links, a ton of videos, a ton of thumbnails. The amount of information being put on these posts is borderline ridiculous. Here is an example: Someone posts a SHOWROOM video, and underneath they include THIRTY screencaps from that video. 30 pictures of the member staring at their screen. REALLY? Another example, posting every single tweet a member makes, now matter how innocuous, with pic, link, text, etc. A third example, over-screencapping. A member is at an event, and I see 30-60 screencaps from the event, most of which almost look identical. You guys need to ask yourself, is this all really important enough that it needs to be included in her thread, keeping in mind that most of her fans probably already read her social media? The member threads are not meant to be an aggregate site for members' social media posts.

3) The dead link issue. I bring this up for a few reasons. 1) there are too many on the forum. If I go into a member thread, and all I see is a ton of dead video links, dead pics, etc. As a fan it would piss me off. 2) I DO get complaints. People often tell me that they get annoyed with all of the dead links. Finally #3, and this is the most important...

It is no accident that the bulk of dead links I find on this forum also happen to be posted by the same people who I think violate the first two issues I mentioned here. This is why I use the term "Spammer". As someone mentioned on the last page, it is almost like a few people around here think they are in a contest to see who the biggest "Superfan" is, and they do that by bombing content all over the forum.

I also want to point out...

I did not say that fan art is the issue
    I did not say that showroom is the issue
    I did not say that any specific type of pic is the issue

However,

What I want to see are two things...

1) People be a little bit more discriminatory when it comes to what content they post here. From what I see, there are a few people here that are all about quantity of information. You guys need to be less about quantity and more about quality. For example (I will use my oshimen, these are all recent tweets she made)

Wasamin is in the mood for french fries (I'm not posting that)
    Wasamin went to a Marines game with Fujie and Yannu (That might be interesting)
    Wasamin tweets that she is considering getting a new set of headphones (Not important enough)
    Wasamin is on the cover of a new magazine, here is a pic of her holding a copy (cool)

The point is, when you have plenty of content to choose from, you don't need to post all of it. Post the most interesting stuff. And I know some of you will snap back with "Well, who's to say what is important and what isn't?" BULLSHIT. Use your own good judgement.

2) The people who post a lot of content here need to be responsible for that content, and not drop it like a bunch of rabbit turds all over the forum and never worry about it again. I say this because it is the same people I see over and over with all of the dead posts. If you are going to post that much on this forum, be responsible for it. PERIOD

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I have one question: what happened to the rule of 10-words minimum in a post? to limit the spamming?

20. sayakalover

sayakalover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    The fan art posts were getting annoying after seeing multiple posts of them in every thread by the same person...:tongue: