1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. trxsh

trxsh Member

I think you misunderstood. I'm not clicking through people's profiles to see what they rated- actually I don't know how to do that or if that's possible. I meant the "Recent Activity" tab, which just shows all posts and ratings, not specific persons. It's not much work really, it's actually more convenient than opening specific threads because you get a preview of all recent posts.

2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I love the new change. It should have been implemented ages ago tbh. Makes it three times as fun.

3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

FYI... if a mod deletes your posts. You lose your “likes” but your dislikes/funny/etc still remain... :flower:

Poor Velveteen Dream. :cry:

4. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I had already been thinking "bad spelling" might be a little poor taste but if you wanted something in that vein it could be replaced with
    "needs editing" or "please revise" which do have a purpose.
    That said they are still pretty abuseable and while there are some people with pretty bad grammar I wouldn't want anyone to feel unwelcome just because their English needs work.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No offence but...I think 99% of @STS posts will be prone to get a Bad Spelling rating which is pretty unfair right?

6. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Woopsies. I look forward to the thing(s) I should not talk of, yet.[hehe]

7. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    no problem! I stop express my opinion clearly in detail and emotionally, and write many posts :flower:
    I'm tired of attacking on me :flower: Peace :flower:

8. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I would use that button on you tbh, you have a tendency to misspell on purpose, not a big deal but i'm sure one of these days one of those "dun" will infiltrate in my already weak vocabulary.

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sorry to hear that man

Meh dun even kno wut u are talking bout

Look I was just trying to raise a point there, that button is there to discourage people from posting who cares about grammar on an idol forum as long as I can understand your points or opinions is all good yo.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

@ithebigc the problem with the spoiler tag on Tapatalk only happen in this forum. Other forums are fine. Maybe I should tag @Mr Waffle in the first place.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Have you reported it to tapatalk as well? Could be a bug on their end.

12. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

After more research, people talked about it... in 2013. Basically you will need to update the Tapatalk plugin from the forum side. Right now (or back then) the workaround is to use hide tag instead of spoiler tag. But hide tag is not working when you access the forum from browser, thus you need to double tag (spoiler hide text /hide /spoiler).

Example

with spoiler tag
    this text is hidden

with hide tag
    [hide]this text is hidden[/hide]

On the first example, those that use tapatalk will be able to read "this text is hidden" without having to click anything.
    On the 2nd example, those that use tapatalk will need to push show spoiler button while on browser it will just show the tag with the content.

Double tag
    [hide]This text is hidden[/hide]

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, some of what we are already seeing is exactly what I was afraid of, and why I personally have always been against expanding the "Like" system. I have even said so on this thread in the past. (cue the "dislike" and "disagree" ratings) Yes, I know it is not a popular opinion. It's just that I have seen it used on other forums for dubious purposes, and I foresee a similar pattern here. But as someone suggested a couple of pages back, I am willing to let the novelty wear off, and the proverbial smoke clear since this is the forum's "new toy" and everyone is having fun playing with it. That said....

If we get that people are abusing the system (i.e. using it for bullying and/or vendettas), we are going to treat it the same way we would treat any other bullying or flame-baiting issue. We also have the ability to erase ratings. FYI.

• Agree Agree x 7
  16. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This is probably a Tapatalk xenForo plug-in / forum platform version problem rather than a client side problem. I'd guess both the forum platform and the Tapatalk xenForo plugin are rather old.

@ithebigc
    Tapatalk home page has a small guide how to install the plugin, however one needs to be a site/server admin to add/modify this and I'd exercise caution when implementing newer versions on an old forum platform. One also needs to mind possible conflict issues with other plugins.

https://www.tapatalk.com/download_xenforo.php

17. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Can we see list of users with the most [insert rating] & and posts with the most [insert rating]?

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Must EVERYTHING be a Sousenkyo? LOL.

AFAIK, it's only the one's under the "Member" link

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. trxsh

trxsh Member

Oh, what the heck? I didn't realise the individual user activity tab had their ratings too. I meant this http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?recent-activity/

People kind of already abused the likes with tapatalk, for siding in arguments and liking shitposts/low effort posts. This probably expands people's ability to do so but can also balance out trolls if most people vote sensibly. Plus unfair ratings can be erased. People should get penalties for handing out dislikes at a ridiculous rate for no reason but if dislikes make people think twice about how they word things or about being rude or annoying then that's not such a bad thing. Well in my opinion

20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    S48: SSK is such an unfair and cruel practice!

Also S48: Rank of the most [insert rating] & and posts with the most [insert rating] please!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2