1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

As I said, it's a choice of lesser evil. Worthy to be informed to the masses as precaution, but not to the point of hard banning policy on this forum.....

At least until other place are ready to literally replace it. Then lets roll. You better advice us some alternative site, man.:lol:

2. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This is just general level musings but if only sites would honestly ask if user would like to support them instead hiding questionable (forced) methods within the site code. If the site wants to utilize cryptocurrency funding methods, fine. Just make it visible with user choice opt-in. Another thing that is overlooked is quality control because those $$$ block the view of overall picture. That or the actual technical know-how is non-existent.

Shady methods only creates suspicion and bad blood.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. round

round Kenkyuusei

Hey, it would be nice if the NMB48 5th generation members could be added as a choice for the "Oshimen" field. Pretty sure they're not there, unless I'm blind.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    List is full. And even if it were not, nobody with access to it knows how to add/remove.

5. minaeshi

minaeshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Twitter:
    minaeshi
    Has there ever been a discussion to simply, create a new Stage48, or "hand over" the site to moderators who will be willing to update the site? I feel like, while we've been given info about the administrators being MIA, we're still kinda left in the dark? S48 takes donations to keep the site running, correct? so can't we just do a complete overhaul of the forum to sort out a lot of problems it has? @ithebigc

6. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oda Erina
    I'm pretty sure Waffle is the only one in control of the donations account.

The depressing thing is, the guy isn't even MIA. Actually, if you check his profile, he was online only a few days ago when Stage stopped working. Every time there are problems on the site, he sooner or later appears, fixes them, writes a short statement on twitter (!) and disappears again. All he seems to care about is keeping this site running, everything beyond that seems to be completely out of his interest. Don't ask me why. I mean, I'm grateful that he does fix the problems, but why doesn't he invest more work or appoint people who are willing to do what he can't or doesn't want to do? It seems like he doesn't want to let go of his "power", but he doesn't really care about the fandom either anymore as well.
    I think the thing which makes all of this unbearable is that there hasn't been any kind of explanation/statement by him and Stage's existance depends solely on his motivation to keep the site running. The day a small problem arises and he doesn't come and fix it, it's basically over.

7. rka

rka Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name) Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Numerous times, in this very thread.

There have been attempts to ask the hosting provider to hand over the contract, but to no avail. As far as i know, Waffle doesnt even speak to the other staff members.

At this point, everything depends on Waffle's goodwill. Which is risky, because frankly speaking i dont see any rationale behind his behaviour. He obviously does care enough to pay the bills (even not in time, as per the last two downtimes), but anything else is not of interest to him.
    In my time here, this forum has lost two administrators without prior notice, and ithebigc has taken his fandom to twitter mostly, which obviously is fine, but possibly unexpected from the administrator of the world's biggest non-japanese 48/46 site. From the last wave of moderator appointments, very few seem to have taken this job seriously. I'd even say without cristafari and joe (to a lesser degree) this forum would be without supervision. At least these two are the most visible ones.

There is only one solution: Move to another place. Such a move failed already once (ebi48), while other communities have gone pretty much defunct. Thus, such a move would require the a) a setup of another forum and b) discipline and loyalty of the community (which is impossible given the sheer size).

The issue, however, is, that ppl (such as me) usually whine very hard on twitter when stage is down, but go on as usual once its up again. So far, the forum has always come back, so this is maybe a good strategy (except for the whining). Anyway, once the forum is back up, ppl usually have forgotten about any downtime-related issues within one or two days.

Obviously moving the community would be very difficult. People are emotionally bound to this place, and some people would certainly like to stay here, splitting the community eventually. A lot of content and traditions would be abandoned for sure.
    The key point however is: The moment waffle decides he has enough, is the moment this forum is dead. There is nothing we can actively do to prevent this from happening. When it happens, it happens. Can be tomorrow, or in ten years.

So as long anyone is fine depending on the good will of a single person, its fine for me as well. To be fair, there is no indication that waffle will ever decide he had enough.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Twitter:
    minaeshi
    @Endu @rka thanks. I just think it's pretty sad that he has no desire to converse with the people who are actively trying to keep this place alive. Like of course appearing once in a blue moon to pay the fee for the server is nice, but whats the point in putting money towards a server that has so many flaws (that would be very easy to fix if he just allowed people the power to do it)?
    I really love S48 and would be sad to see it go, but at the same time, I would much rather welcome a new forum that's updated to fit our needs, and if that means leaving this forum to create a new one than so be it. It's not a job only one person can have (as this forum has showed us) so we would need lots of dedicated people to help run the site if that's what it comes down to.

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Creating a new English based international 4846G discussion platform? Sure. Who's down to create a new forum (community) with me? I'm free after April to organize a revolution...Ugh I mean reformation.

I don't mind giving up my post counts and likes I accumulated here lol what I care about is contents and a community that actually cares.

Time to do something about it instead of complaining all the time.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

10. rka

rka Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name) Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01

Have you - just by chance - ever met someone nicknamed "Oscar Wilde" or "Togasaki"? Just asking :)

Jokes aside, the point is not to improve the community, at least not from my perspective. The community wont change with a new forum, neither will the content. Given that we are all sperglords and dramaqueens to various extents (we are western idol fans after all), the community is actually as bearable/likeable as one can expect. The point is that we just need security from inactive admins. And possibly better forum features.

Btw, whats with that constant bickering about "post counts and likes"? I dont think anyone around here gives a sh.t, to be honest.

11. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oda Erina
    The problem with that is (and this is also true for many other things): people only start caring when it's to late.
    Even if we were to create something new, why would other people start using that one as long as stage is up and running?
    Also, let's not forget we would need at least something similar to Studio and Wiki48 as it's important to preserve the knowledge and have translations for the songs; but creating them new from scratch would be a huge pile of work, and if we talk about Studio48 specifically, I'm not sure if we even have enough translators for sth like that, so the only option if we were to abandon this site would be to take them with us - but I don't know if taking them with us would even be possible, let alone if it would be legally okay (quite likely not).
    So, if you start something, count me in- I just don't see how we could make this work.

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lololol why are you always taking my posts so personally, do my words really hurt you that much lololol

Anyways im just here to offer myself up to make change or be part of the change instead of arguing with you what makes a functional forum or not. I value community and contents because that's just me. Anyone can agree or disagree but my goal here is change so I'm willing to work with people who have different values than me as long we have the same goal.

If there's a will, there's a way.

What matters is if enough people are willing to make this happen, then things just happen.

If not then there's no shame really. It's just a matter of time, one day when s48 loses everything and people would still have to start rebuilding from then anyways. We are just starting a early movement and of course it will take months and planning to make things work. So people can really think about it and be honest to themselves if they are willing to be part of this change and what they can offer.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Not another Everyday48, we're through with that!:fp:

14. Kuura

Kuura Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

@ithebigc What kind of fixes do we need for the oshi list? Something only @Mr Waffle can do?

15. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sato Sumire
    wrong thread - disregard.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  16. goratnik

goratnik Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    goratnik
    @KPKgirl you can create threads and post in them yourself, you don't need to ask anyone else - unless your post was supposed to be in another thread.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Wiki thread you think?

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Please update the board "STU Members" > "STU Kenkyuusei". More techincally correct. @ithebigc @Cristafari

Thanks

19. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Could one of you either open the STU48 Members' threads so we can open threads for the drafties, or open the threads?
    @ithebigc @Cristafari

20. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sato Sumire
    I clicked the wrong thread on my phone. sorry.