1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I got a dislike (Or 2 thanks) for being myself...

But I got over 100 likes for being myself too...

So even I can survive with this new system. ;)

Edit: See... another one “agrees” with me. :approve:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    @soul.assasin you need to chill out lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I posted over a week ago about it not being anonymous (the rating and the name of the person giving it show up in your alerts). Maybe most people don't know that yet or don't bother with their alerts, but that's the first place I look.

4. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I bet only people who saw your post know. It's how I found out, anyway. I bet a lot of people haven't looked at all the profile/message management pages.

@soul.assassin my point was that if you get dislikes you get a "negative point" in your counter, but if you get disagrees you don't. So it's good that the disagree button exists. In my opinion at least.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

It really is not. You can see who had given you ratings in your alerts and in the “ratings receive”. If you are early enough, you’ll be able to catch who gave out what rating to what post. However, it’s another case when it’s buried though so half anonymous.

The dislike can be used for dumb and slacker. Disagree can be used to disagree.

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Could always bad-spelling button slacker. You know, so he revise....:shifty:

Is there a possibility that besides in alert, rating giver can be viewed publicly right in the supposed post? You know who's giving you what rating, so does everyone who read your post.

No anonimity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I found this random forum which seems to use the same structure for ratings. You can see that there's a 'List' after the ratings, so you can consult which user gave which one.

https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/5618/best-posts

It would make the ratings less shady.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I miss a 'rude' button. I think it would be more meaningful than some of the current buttons like 'old' or 'bad spelling'...

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The homepage needs to be updated. The main banner is so 2014, the news banner is so 2015/2016.
    Not trying to intimidate the staffs, I'm sorry, but this forum needs to be regenerated visually.
    Oh if I can give a hand.. I just don't know how to code, lol

Also, it's better to have a small place somewhere in the homepage which shows members who announced graduation. But that might be difficult to keep up with, unless S48 members could participate inputting the names.

My 2-cent about the buttons:
    What's the point of having a dislike button if mods don't allow hate post? Dislike button is the underling of hate post (the same as 'bad spelling', the word is destructive, agree with kanjo, it needs to be reworded, like: 'watch the spelling').

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. maman

maman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    SR, KH
    [​IMG][​IMG]About a button, What the meaning of the "Dumb" button (especially what the difference with the dislike or disagree button). It still can't be used now but that button already appeared in the profile post ratings (below the bad spelling button, and just little bit wonder if that button can be used later).

11. Matsui Hikari

People still abuse it so no point. The only way is to make it neutral so people don’t see it as an advantage to give others the negative without using old and dislike.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

regarding ratings, I'm just going to leave this here, identifying parts have been redacted

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I think I know who this is. To completely remove all the identifying parts, you need to smallcap all of the letters.

---

Can we update the rules to remind people if they want to ask why people rate their post as xxxx, to PM them, instead of asking in the thread?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Matsui Hikari

I think we all know who the person is lol
    It's a direct call out to those that intentionally give out negative ratings without any context since they think they can get away with it

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    But it's blatantly off-topic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Suggestion. Why don't the mods just sticky a poll at the top of the forum with a simple question: do you want the dislike button to stay? Yes / No
    That could solve the issue pretty quick I think. If the majority of forum users want it banished, no reason to keep it around.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    That's a good idea, but let the trial time go on for awhile before sticking up a poll.

A warning sign on a troll-like post would be nice.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  18. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Why not make a "Do not feed the troll" button? :^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^::^O^:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I had no idea that Nakai Rika is a user here... [hehe]

It would be used on a troll or on people reacting to a troll?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Just posting to bring attention to a problem that some may have already noticed these days: Postimages links and the relative thumbnails have all stopped working. To quote the disclaimer that was on their home page until a few days ago:
    postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.

While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
    Please update codes embedded in your websites.

Postimages has been a reliable image hosting that has served us well for years (surely more than what I can say about Imageshack or Photobucket...), I can see many users here relied on it for sharing their pictures, so it's pretty regrettable that this domain issue has happened all of a sudden.
    Now there's years worth of images all over the forum, in galleries and member threads, whose links are broken. None of the images have been deleted, it's still all there, but simply unreachable because they decided to move everything to another domain overnight as a makeshift solution.
    I don't know how long the problem will last, or if the domain will be restored to normal and links will return to work as before without having to edit anything. By now it has been 5 days and counting since things went snafu, and I'm just waiting until it'll all be fixed.
    But in case it doesn't and things remain unsolved for long: is there any way, from the forum administrator side, to automatically find all instances of "postimg.org" in the posts' BBcode, and replace them with "postimg.cc"?
    Pretty wishful thinking, I dunno if this is even within the admin's power, but the idea of every user (me too, I noticed this problem because it affected me personally after all) having to hunt for and edit hundreds of posts manually by themselves sounds just daunting.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1