1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    I'm not sure if it's possible with the software, but it might be worth it to look into supporting the .webm file extension. I have no idea what you'd have to do for that, as there aren't many hosting sites that support the format yet. I mostly use google docs, but I'm not sure if you can use that to insert things in-line.

If you're not aware of what it is, it's basically an in-browser video with small file sizes and high quality/framerate. It's really convenient, and with all the PVs and TV shows that 48 has, there's a lot of material that could be used for them.

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    "n/a" as in "not applicable" could mean that...
    • you don't have an oshimen to begin with because you're too new a fan
    • your previous oshimen graduated and you haven't found a new one
    • you've been out of the loop for too long to know any of the younger members
    • or any variety of the above.
    I could change it to "undecided" or something similar if you think that fits better.

One reason I introduced the oshimen field is exactly because I want people to choose. Having a "DD" option would render the whole idea meaningless.

3. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

n/a really looks weird. I don't think create more options (Graduated members, teams, groups, DD, MD etc.) is a good idea, but make the field optional would be nice.

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I guess I will check only a few threads from now on. The list of alerts shows the threads with new posts, but we can only go to one of them from there. Besides, those lists become visible when the mouse hovers overs them, but they stay visible even when they have lost the focus :confused: The look of the forum has indeed been improved, but there are so many things that have been worsened (IMO, of course) that sometimes it even turns me off to check anything at all...

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If you click "Alerts" it'll show you all the ones you've gotten for the last couple of days. Or you can click "watched threads" to see what has happened in threads you're watching (there's a setting that automatically adds threads you've posted in to that list if you want to activate it).

As for the list being visible, just click anywhere else, it'll disappear.

6. karles48

True, but from the list you can go ONLY to one of the listed threads because you can't open the thread in another window.
    I'm not too sure how that works, I seldom get the list I was expecting...however, I'll give it another try...
    It's a bit weird, menus that become visible automatically usually become invisible when they lose the focus (however, this is just a stylistic issue, it isn't a big problem...)
    PS: When I write a new post I usually preview it to check everything is right...so I miss the 'Preview' button, is it feasible to add it to the buttons?

7. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    That's weird... I can right-click > Open in new tab from the alert list...
    Have you try that? ('Open in new window' also available)
    upload_2014-4-13_20-31-44.png

Click on 'more options' and then the 'preview' button will be available...
    This is because the reply option at bottom of page is a 'quick-reply'...
    The 'preview' button is not intended for a 'quick-reply'...

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  8. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If you're not able to click on the popup for some reason, if you actually follow it through to the FULL list ("Show All") then you can click on as many links as you want.

The menus aren't really supposed to be hovered over without a reason (eg you clicking on an alert) so I suppose what's why it's like that.

If you're using the quick reply function (the reply at the bottom of the thread), click "more options", it takes you to the full reply window which includes a Preview button.

Edit: beaten to it :p

9. karles48

You're right. I was trying it on the post, not on the name of the thread. :^^;: It's still worse than the 'view your posts' option, but it's helpful.
    Yes, I know it, if I click that button the page reloads and the Preview button becomes visible. I was suggesting to add the 'preview' button because I believe it's very useful (and I guess I'm not the only one); in fact I don't think I've uploaded a single file before, but I seldom send a post without previewing it before ...
    Thank you both. :)
    PS: bearing in mind some of the posts some people sent in the older forum, I'm not too sure if the quick reply option is a good idea...[hehe] (just kidding, I guess the benefits are big enough to implement it)

10. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Is there a trick to getting avatars to look less blurry or is that some sort of auto-resolution bandwith-saving move? I notice my avatar in my little stats box that shows up on the top right of the forum looks fine, but all the avatars in posts themselves seem to be blurry. And I'm only just noticing. Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me? :^^;:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  11. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Should avatars be square now? I see the "long" ones now centered and cropped, so sometimes they are off center.

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Oi, I just noticed the cropped and squared-off avatars, as well. Really messed up my YuuMii avatar. Not that I am getting rid of it. I will keep this avatar till Yukirin grads, so folks are gonna have to look at a jacked up ava for who-knows-how-long.:lol::lol::lol:

Wait. Why did I come here? Oh yeah, for info on the avatars.:XD: What ever you folks did, it really did mess up the avatars. They all seem to be blurry and pixelated now. And the longer ones, like mine, cropped and possibly off-centered. Mine is, vertically anyways. Some help or knowledge would be nice.;)

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I'll have aezea look into that again. Having them displayed this way isn't exactly how I imagined it.

14. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    I noticed that the oshimen list has a Fukuoka Sena. Shouldn't it be Seina instead?

15. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The avatar issues are because the forum is "supposed" to have 100x100 avatars only. I think that's crap and have rigged up a bigger size, but it causes an issue with quality. I'm looking into it.

16. karles48

Mmm...I wonder if it would be a good idea to block by default things like the profile page of the members to everyone from the outside. I know there are options to allow only the members to read that info, but it still doesn't make sense to allow someone else to view it...and some members may display private data there...

17. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The forum is offering a number of privacy settings that you can adjust. Additionally, you can choose whether to have your birthday and / or year of birth hidden from view. There's nothing more we can do. Information like your e-mail address isn't shown by default.

In your case, all that members are going to be able to tell is that you registered your account four years ago and have a certain number of posts. Why not tell the others a little more about yourself?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I would like to suggest an idea for a Stage48 event. Something not revolutionnary and in fact pretty evident :

In Sousenkyo and single thread, people are eager to make assumptions and prediction about the next member who rank or is selected for the single line up. So why shouldn't we make a "bet machine" and reward the one who guess right with a special "status" or ratings?

You don't vote for your oshi, but you vote in order to have the most accurate prediction!

Of course if it's for the sousenkyo, it must be before the preliminary results... i remember changing my number 1 from Yuko to Sasshi when i saw Sasshi's first day result lol.

19. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    That idea sounds quite fun if it is something that is able to be done fairly easily I imagine! [hehe]

20. allansson

allansson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    haruna_oshi
    I just wanted to give you guys some positive feedback about the new site, at first I didn't like it but after a short time I grew to love it! First of all it looks amazing! Second I like how the alerts and the watched forums/threads work, it's so easy to see everything! I've probably missed a couple of things but I really like it!

Don't know if this is the right place, but I just wanted to tell someone how much I love this site and I hope it'll be here forever! Or at least as long as Harunyan is still here...:XD:

P.S Don't take this as asskissing, I consider myself an honest guy!