1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I could say the same?

I'm just trying to throw in a suggestion for improvement here since the complains doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon as the rating system stands as it is right now.

Community self regulation ain't working as we all know, hence we need a system to regulate and mods to hammer down the rules.

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Self regulation works for probably 95% of people, I think most people have a basic understanding of the concept of reciprocity and know that "what comes around goes around".

It's the outliers that are the problem. Forums do have a habit of being enticing to some people who are borderline sociopathic and who need an outlet and there's a certain amount of otherwise ordinary people who just want to be jackasses. The actual problem is probably a small number of people, deal with them and the problem is largely alleviated.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    Can't the mods suspend the rating system (aka like/dislike) for the user that abuses it for a while? and if they keep being exaggerated with their dislikes just take their rating system for good for that user. if its possible

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Why does it matter? It's not like negative ratings cause your post to be hidden like they do on Quora, or have any other impact on your account.

If some people are really that bothered by negative ratings, maybe let them just opt out of all ratings, if that's possible?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Right, so I am suggesting a way to punish these people effectively only with some more work needs to put in with the mod team.

Yes that would be the limitations but the efficiency rate of dealing with minor issues and general local requests are greatly increased.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    It's starting to bother a lot of people to the point where mods try to solve the problem. If it didn't matter mods wouldn't waste their time with it @wlerin

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yeah, if for some reason you wanted to farm dislikes, Jurina fans have a great drop rate :p

And I'm saying those people should stop getting upset and wasting the moderators' time over literally nothing.

If people are using or suspected of using alt accounts to mass dislike (or mass like) your posts, that's a little different. The dislikes are still completely irrelevant, but multiple accounts are forbidden.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The worrisome bit is that people are complaining about likes/dislikes in an internet forum that has no influence whatsoever in their real lives.

Like, if it bothers you so much, maybe stop and think why? :confused:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I mean, I personally always said that it's better for a forum not to have likes/dislikes etc. Like who wants to give their honest opinions if a bunch of people will dislike it without even telling you why? This is killing the exact purpose of a forum. and who wants to get into arguments if whoever oppose your opinions gets spammed with likes? it doesn't help in making you defend your view. Just saying. it's not about being affected irl but it's a forum of discussion and this kind of ratings ruin discussions in literally every forum. if someone likes my post (in a member thread for example) rather than giving a like, they could just be active there and post news or opinions, I would appreciate that more. and rather than giving dislikes, I prefer them to quote me and tell me why, so we can discuss.

I just don't see the purpose of ratings or why it's really necessary tbh did it make the forum better or more enjoyable? I don't think so. Do I want to go on my favorite member thread and see a post insulting the member/fans getting more likes than anything else on the thread? Definitely not (and yes this happened).

I mean sure, it's nice to get likes sometimes and I also gave some (I didn't give any dislike though) but in the end, idk if this is really worth it. it seems like it brings more unecessary issues. I also still don't get the purpose of ratings like "old". I see posts rated "old" and I'm like ??? what even.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Posts like comparing some girl not getting into senbatsu to Sato Amina in 2009 is old

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Mana

Mana Under Girls

LMAO I guess the rating does have a purpose [hehe] I probably never saw it being used correctly so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    And here I am still pining after the Funny button.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Generally, I really enjoy the whole button system and I think a lot of people do too.

But I think @wlerin's suggestion is good: the possibility to turn off buttons on your posts; like on Youtube, you can turn off comments and the visibility of like vs dislike. So if people really feel targeted or something, they can just turn off ratings for their posts.

Also, I'm curious if the majority of people complaining about someone harassing them with dislikes go and talk to that person first that they feel 'bullied' by? I once got a couple of dislikes from someone, I sent them a message and they replied "oh lol I didn't know you could see who they're from" and actually removed the dislikes [hehe]

I feel like always immediately running to the mods is a bit like kindergarten

EDIT: Different topic

At first I wasnt gonna make a post about this, but as you might know I upload the Tano Yuka thread every now and then. With my last post, a mod merged two posts I posted right after the other with the note "[Mod merged double post - use edit]". I don't know which mod it was so I thought I'd post it here

I want to put everything into one post, but the forum has a 30 pictures photo limit. I don't know how you (whoever this mod is) did it, so I have no idea how you merged the two posts. I couldn't upload the last 17 pictures that you merged into the first post, so I made a double post. If you let me know how I can avoid the 30 picture limit, I'm more than willing to make a single post in the future if I happen to go over 30 pictures again

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Mods have magical powers! :)

More seriously, if you use our servers to store the images, the limit is 30 per post. If you use an outside server like imgur, the limit is 50. Note that hiding the images doesn't help. The software has a limit of 30 or 50, depending on where you store the images.

P.S. I have merged posts, but I didn't merge yours (at least I don't remember doing it). Oops. I just went back and checked, I did it. That was before I knew about the two limits. If really necessary, you can double post and then ask a mod to merge them for you. Or you can just wait 24 hours or for another post before posting again. The other thing you can do is use the gallery for images that don't have associated content and provide a link in the thread to the gallery.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I was wondering, did SNH48 have their own section before? If yes, did the members have their own threads? and if so, what happened to all that? I think they used to have all this but it was removed after they stopped being an official sister group, and their group thread is in the idol section, but how about individual member threads? I searched and found nothing. I'm asking because I'd like to have a thread to discuss about Ju Jingyi but it looks like there's none.

16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

They did have their own separate section all for themselves and everything that you could find in the other groups’ sub forums. After the split, only one SNH thread is kept and I believe the others are all hidden away. Not deleted though i think.

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

18. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Only the admins can create new subforums. Creating the new Team G subforum is one of the points on the to-do list that's been scheduled for after the SSK - we shall start on the maintenance as soon we can. We appreciate your patience.

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I see, thanks. it makes sense...

Can a mod tell me if they can bring back her thread, or am I allowed to create a new thread for Ju Jingyi in the idol section? She's solo/actress now, her news don't really belong to the SNH thread imo. I see some Morning Musume girls and other idols have solo threads in the idol section so it should be ok?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

My Firefox, so far, still has the old icon.