1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    We're coming up on the 10 year anniversary of 10nen zakura, with that in mind, I would really like to see a Dedicated Graduated Member General sub-forum, at least for AKB. I mean, with the recent Takamina, Mariko, Harunyan, Tomochin, Attyan reunion photo, how many people knew where to talk about that? Especially after the addition of Minegisyi! It certainly isn't AKB General, they've all long graduated. Their individual threads? Then we don't get a unified discussion! We need a sub-forum where we can freely post whole topics about what the graduated members are doing together. I know at least some of you have seen the 2-shots and group photos on Insta lately... We need place where we can talk about these things, without jumping between multiple threads.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@kazemori By sub-forum, do you mean a thread of discussion for the graduated members? Because the graduated girls already have a sub-forum (though it's only for their individual threads and galleries). I guess you mean a special thread where we can discuss everything about graduates, like the AKB48 thread but with graduates instead? if so then I think it's an interesting idea. I mean at this point there are so many graduates and many of the relevant members with the biggest fanbases are graduated and not many people bother to visit their threads, and their news are not discussed on the AKB48 thread either. I wonder how many people are aware of the 1st gen reunion that happened, new project and movies of Acchan, Paruru, new activities of Yuko (and her return in general), or Tomochin's new single after a year. There's a lot more, I'm just aware of these ones because I follow these girls (I follow many other grads too).

I think it's an interesting idea, it could be called "[GENERAL] The AKB48 Graduated Members Thread" and we could discuss all news about graduated girls in there. well hopefully enough people would be interested to participate LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, we know they get together once in a while in different configurations .... it's a drag ( and maybe even a bit frowned upon ? ) to crosspost in the thread of each and every member present, so yeah, a general aka graduated members thread might be useful.
    otoh .... there are so many ex-members by now ... it might get a really busy thread ... and a lot of it might not be relevant to your interests

4. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    That is basically what I mean, yes. Sorry, guess I've been an admin on too many discussion boards, and ended up not think of those as technical terms. A Discussion Board (commonly called as forum or forums, or less commonly and antiquated bulletin board), is made up of Categories, which are divided into Forums, which are divided into Sub-forums (Like the Gallery) and Threads (or Topics). I'm not sure if this forum software uses the same terminology, but I've been an admin on boards which run on IPB, SMF, and PHPbb, and it was the same across all 3.

As far as relevance, I know that others may not feel this way, but as a DD I'm always happy to see graduated members activities, especially when they get together. When Mariko posted the reunion picture I was so overwhelmed with joy that I got stuck staring at it for an exceptional length of time. When Takamina posted her Minegisi edit, I couldn't help but laugh. AKB's screen-time Queen had missed out on an amazing photo-op. I also found it touching that she was thought of. When I found out the reason why she wasn't there, I felt like the 5 of them should have been there too, whether or not they had seen Yuuko and her play yet, (Please note that the following statement is said with nothing but love and should be read in a teasing tone as though it were on AKBingo) and that Minegisi was the only "good senpai" in the lot of them. The bonds of AKB are meant to last beyond graduation :p

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I guess is depends how you use the forum. I open Graduated Members and the most recent threads are at the top, while unread threads are in bold. Maybe I spend too much time here (actually, I know I do), but I was aware of all the activities mentioned by @Mana.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I have the threads of my favorite members bookmarked so I check them from time to time and I don't miss the news too, besides I search for their news by myself as well on Twitter and japanese sites etc. But yeah I think a lot of people don't bother and I often see for example fans saying that a graduated girl isn't successful or doing well, when that girl is actually really busy and doing pretty good. which makes me think barely anyone bother to check on news of grads. I guess if there's a general thread, more people will be aware and discuss the news. of course not everything would interest everyone but it would still be a good place to let people know about news. that is, if there's enough people interested to be active in it LOL but I guess we could give it a try... if mods agree to it? it would have to be pinned I guess. but maybe we need more people's opinions on this LOL

7. trxsh

trxsh Member

If the goal was to encourage more discussion or heighten visibility for their activities, when you think about it a graduates general thread would be the way to go. Member threads get far less traffic overall than the discussion and news threads, only fans of that member will even look 90% of the time and a huge chunk of people check out of the fandom entirely when their oshi graduates. An AKB48 Group Graduates general discussion thread would be a much more effective way to increase awareness and discussion about graduates' activities among people who still check stage48.

I don't think an entire new section is necessary though.

8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    No, we don't need an entire new section. That would beg the question "What is the graduate members section for? Isn't it exactly what we are talking about here?"

You want to create a "Graduated Members Activity Thread?" Well, I don't completely object to it, aside from the fact that it is basically the same as the graduate members threads. Moreover, who said the "AKB48 Thread" can't be used for the same purpose?

The other issue I see is that this is going to result in even more cross-posting than already exists on the forum. For example, Acchan posts a picture with Takamina, Kojiharu, and Yuko. Now everyone feels compelled to post that in all four member threads. Under this plan, it will now be posted in a 5th thread?

I'm just not seeing the point, except saying that people don't really check all the different member threads, and this would consolidate it a bit. But that brings up another issue, as I noticed that the only members being discussed are Ori Kami 7 members. This would be open to everybody, right? So me posting a picture of Wasamin going to Disneyland with Sakippe is just as welcome as the aforementioned Mariko-Takamina-Kojiharu et al. photo, right?

At the end of the day, I'm just not getting why we need a new thread for this. But feel free to try and convince me.

9. trxsh

trxsh Member

Not even sure how to address the first part since I already outlined why I think a Graduates General Discussion thread would be different so I won't repeat myself but it's pretty simple really...

Graduate news is not completely out of place in the AKB48 General thread but it doesn't fully belong either since that thread is for discussing AKB48 and graduates are no longer AKB48. Personally I would find it kind of annoying if I was looking for discussion on current AKB and that thread was constantly clogged with the minor career and leisure activities of graduated "grannies".

You would have seen above that we're arguing the exact opposite. ie, a graduates general thread would remove the need to post in the threads of all those members. Of course, if someone wanted to discuss something about Acchan only at their latest first gen reunion, then posting something in her thread related to it wouldn't be cross posting anymore than going to a member's thread specifically to say that they don't like her position in the latest single or whatever.

Why wouldn't it be? I'm not sure if you're suggesting a picture of Wasamin and co. would draw ire from anyone or if it's more that you're peeved some people above only mentioned kami 7 members, but I really only think they were named as examples because the users above follow those members. I don't think any reasonable person would think discussion about any graduated member would be unwelcome in a graduates discussion thread. It also probably shouldn't be surprising that discussion might heavily lean towards front members as that tends to be the case in general with foreign fans (and why wouldn't it btw? our main way of becoming a fan is through their singles and shows rather than going to handshake, for obvious reasons) but the popularity of members and former members is besides the point.

It seems that you don't personally want there to be a graduates general thread, but I don't think you've really made a case for why there shouldn't be one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I guess this is exactly what people are trying to avoid; having to post in all sections and just having one thread for everything. I think it makes sense for posts that involve two or more graduated members (such as reunions) and if it's just about one specific member, I'm sure those posts will go in the respective member's thread. That being said, with major things such as a graduated member releasing a single or getting a main role in a drama/movie/stage play/etc could also go in there because people might not care enough about a member to check out their thread and see them do every-day stuff but might be interested in seeing them in a new play/movie/drama or listen to their music.

For bigger news, especially those that concern multiple members, it would work pretty well, I think.

Of course.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    If this is going to be a "Team Graduated" thread, then I think you should look at the other Team threads before deciding. Here are the number of posts in the other team threads since Jan 1, 2018.

A: 1 post (mine)
    K: 10 posts (a result of my redirecting an off-topic discussion in another thread)
    B: 2 posts (one of them mine)
    4: 3 posts (none mine)
    8: almost 200 pages at 20 per page or 4000 posts (thanks red. - p.s. only 116 mine).

Is this going to end up like Team A or Team B or will it be a thread that people use like Team 8?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

well I have no idea if the thread will end up active or not. but I don't think it can be compared to team threads, because for AKB members it's different, they are all current active idols, they are being discussed everywhere in the forum, there's the official AKB thread, the threads for theater stages, the threads about new singles, the threads for variety shows, their individual threads (that are actually active and visited unlike grad members individual threads), the galleries, etc. so of course the team threads end up being dead because they don't really have a purpose.

Team 8's one is active, which proves the point, there's 47 girls in Team 8 and people can't be bothered to post/read in every individual thread, and they have a lot of separate activities than normal AKB girls, so their thread end up being active since there are things to discuss. it's the same thing for graduates, their activities are all different, and there are way too many graduates, so maybe a thread just for them would be helpful. but again, I don't know if it would end up being active or not, you have to give it a try... but yeah it's not the same as team threads imo.

I mentioned popular girls in my post above but that was to highlight my point; even when it comes to big names like Acchan, a lot of people think that she's not doing anything even though she actually has roles like all the time. my point was that even for big names, not everyone is aware of what they are doing mostly because the individual threads are dead, so not many people discuss and share news, and because fans don't have time to check every grad member thread. if there's a graduated members thread, of course people are free to post about any graduate regardless of popularity, I myself like a lot of grads who weren't top members and I would be interested to know what they're doing, if anyone is willing to share.

I mean, in the end we're still going to have some double posting (let's say if Tomochin releases her new song, it would be posted both in her thread and in the graduated members thread) but doesn't that happen all the time here, a lot of things are being reposted all over the forums on different threads because it's relevant to different girls. the reason I find the idea of a graduated members thread interesting is only because I think it might be a good way to share info and make more people aware of what some graduated members are doing.

I'm going to take an example with Mayuyu. I love her and I often check her thread but no one is really updating it maybe because it's not so active so it's not encouraging to post there (and sadly I don't have time to check her news myself so I don't update it either). Her thread used to be one of the most active and it has 1328 pages, and since her graduation 1 year and 1 month ago, it just got 13 new pages... I don't think all her fans just left, and maybe someone out there would be willing to post her news if the graduated members thread end up working out and become active.

idk it's just an idea, I think it wouldn't hurt to try. and maybe you can wait to see if it works out before you decide to pin it like the other official threads.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    My main concern is this...

Based on my experience of running this forum, there has been a mindset over the past few years that a lot of users like to re-post the exact same content in as many threads as possible. Case in point, when new single previews have come out on YouTube, there are people who have posted it in every single Senbatsu member thread, as well as the single thread. So what I am asserting is that in this case I would expect similar behavior.

Moreover, I am still not clear on what this thread is specifically for; to post photos of members together? To have a place to announce all graduate activity?

As I said before, I am not forbidding the thread's creation, I'm just not sure I get the reason for it, or the benefit. And if the thread were to be created, it would need to be clear what its purpose is.

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Maybe just like the Graduation Announcement Thread, we can have an Alumna Activities Thread wherein:

(1) if a graduate has an individual activity, it can be posted there for people to be aware of but any discussion or comment about it should be made in the member's thread. Also by individual activity I meant a gig or something and not some random IG or twitter post;

(2) if two or more graduates are involved in a gig or a social media post then it can be posted and discussed in the thread.

These are just my suggestions though.

Admittedly, I'm not that invested with inter alumna activities so I don't think I should be the one making and maintaining such a thread.

On the other hand, while I don't follow the member's threads of some alums, I am interested enough to know if they release new singles or are participating in a TV drama.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  15. kazemori

kazemori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    This happens because there is not a single unified place. If there is a place for the discussion, there can be a rule against cross-posting the same information to additional threads. Exciting things happen, and people want to talk about it with as many others as possible

Well, new singles are exciting! Okay, but seriously, I agree that cross-posting to member threads is excessive. As there is a place for discussion of the release of a single, there is no reason to clog member threads with such a post. It divides the discussion. The individual member threads are a bit like the Member's SNS, not everyone has the time to check all of them. Having this Sub-forum would be more like, say, when Minegisi and Maeda promoted their movie during a segment on AKBingo (this was in 2011, both of them were already plenty famous and certainly had loads of SNS followers at this point).

Random Hypothetical Example Situation
    Let's say, just for the sake of an example, the members of NO NAME decide to get together and voice a new anime. (Please note, this is just an example, and 100% fiction)
    Where does one post that? General AKB? No, all but one of the members is graduated. Sub-Units? Doesn't fit there either, NO NAME is an AKB Sub-Unit, they graduated, and left behind NO NAME with AKB. Individual Member threads? What?! NO! Why? That's so messy!

When people are stuck questioning where to put a post, some will post it everywhere, others won't post it at all. You had mentioned in a previous post that the General AKB forum would be fine for this, but these are Graduated Members, and using the General forum would clog it up in the same way that certain members clogged up the Senbatsu. Individual Member threads are moved from their Team forum when they graduate, what I am suggesting is basically doing the same type of thing for General discussion. Basically, what I am suggesting is a Sub-forum (like the Gallery), under the Graduated Members, where members are free to start threads/topics such as "{Graduated Members} have a night on the town" or "{Graduated Member/s} visit/s {Member/s}". Honestly, I can't say that individual activities would particularly belong in the sub-forum, but something like "Minegisi went to support Yuuko at her stage-play", would be perfectly acceptable. Just because Members graduated, doesn't mean that they should lose the signal boost that other Members give them.

It bears mentioning again that if there is a proper place to post this information, then cross-posting it all over the board can, and probably should be banned. I know that the people who do it usually mean well by it, but it actually has a negative impact on the discussion. Furthermore makes the post, and therefore the information, feel like spam. Replies get repetitive, I'm sure there's even plenty of "Like I said in thread X".

As for the Wasamin/Sakippe Disneyland date, that would be totally welcome. Seeing Graduated Members together is heartwarming and and proof of the bonds forged. Though, on the topic of Disneyland, I just want to say, Wow does AKB love Disneyland or what? I don't think that there has been one day where my Insta feed didn't have some member or another at Disneyland, lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I don't know where to put this outside of going to a DM to said poster, but it irks me to see the same post cross-posted over a number threads of girls that I have on follow. Wouldn't one thread in the general thread of that group suffice?

Example: I had already read one thread only to see four more of the same.
    [​IMG]

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

You know I would have explained it to you right?

• Old Old x 1
  18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Spam is good! :cool:

Especially on rice :^^;:

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Obviously you were asking for this

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls