1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 5.49.36 AM.jpg

It was a team effort.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Polygonsilikon

Polygonsilikon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    With the announcement of IZ*Ones disbandment. It's time to start to dicuss how future of these threads will be. The alternatives are how I see it these.
    A the SNH 48 solution. Delete the threads and start new thread down in idol emporium.
    B lock the threads and start a new in idol emporium.
    C move all threads to idol emporium.
    D lock the produce 48 thread the realeases threads and move the izone to idol emporium.
    E lock the realease threads and move both the produce and izone threads to idol emporium.
    F merge all threads and move it to idol emporium.
    G lock the produce thread let the release stay and move izone thread to idol emporium.
    H let everything be as is it and deal with the outfall.
    I would think that the best solution är any of alternatives B to D.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I apologize about not picking an option - I'm having problems understanding it based on the formatting of your post.
    Id prefer they create another sub group in "other 48" like they did for SDN48 and move all the izone specific threads to it. If thats not an option do:

IZone Group Thread - moved to idol emporium or lock and create a new one.
    Produce Thread - Stays as is. Its a 48G related activity like the concerts/akbingo etc. Not just Izone.
    Release Threads - Stay as is or locked - They don't get much traffic anyway.

4. Polygonsilikon

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Why are Izone more 48 than SNH48? Technically all 9 korean girls are less 48 than the chinese group which did akb songs. I can go for moving to other 48 if snh48 moves there too. I think you are aware that the produce 48 thread was locked because stealth kpop news discussions. And one person did post stealth news in the thread after reopening. What i know that can now be locked for nothing more will happend
    the realese thread can stay as you say because they will not be problem. The izone thread should be moved and renamed for people who want continue existing discussion.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    #1 - im not going to get into an argument about them. You asked for opinions - I gave mine. I'm not a mod and neither are you. Ultimately its up to them and all we can do is ask them to do things. They can do with that what they will. It's not like this forum has a ton of traffic anymore to begin with - its not like they are in a hurry to do things.

SNH48 was formally considered part of the 48g until it was effectively stolen by chinese management and kicked out of the 48 group family by management. The official stance of 48G management is that they are not a part of 48G. That is why kennin's were cancelled, they were removed from the website, and AKB48 Team SH was created. They are in idol emporium because they and their sub groups are not in 48 group.

IZone is/was managed by 48G management, actually had a song on an AKB48 release, and has concurrent members. This is why they are part of 48 group.

I wasnt aware it was locked actually. I go through fazes with this forum as it can be toxic - especially after Produce48. Luckily most of the kpop talk will probably cease once disbandment happens - so i doubt it will be of concern.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. trxsh

trxsh Member

it's not about nationality... snh is not under other48 because they broke ties with the original 48 groups. Chinese 48 is their own separate thing. this was already decided for the Chinese 48 groups to be in the emporium so there's no point in relitigating it.

agree with Izone going to other48 with sdn and disbanded subunit threads. they are officially affiliated, like @KPKgirl said.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Polygonsilikon

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Ok alternative i put it under other 48. My major concern is and has was from the beginning that kpop fans would shit on AKB. I started this discussion for opinions. If you seen that post in the Izone thread i asked for other opinions. The final descision will be taken by the mods. It's that i do not see why we would discuss pure k pop groups i Akb news and discussion when we have the idol emporium.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Izone wasn’t a pure KPOP group. Their concept was a global girl group of both JPop Kpop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Polygonsilikon

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    It seems that you became upset over the suggestion that izone k line discussion should happen in idol emporium i speak about where the korean members after izones disbandment will go. You are serious that we should discuss kpop groups in other 48? Isn't that we have idol emporium for discussion about other groups?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Hm in my opinion IZ*ONE is related to 48G indeed, but once IZ*ONE ends, the activities of japanese members will be discussed in their own threads, while the activities of the korean members can be discussed in the IZ*ONE thread. if the IZ*ONE thread becomes only for korean members and their future activities, then I guess it's not related to 48G anymore.

I actually came here to ask mods, are there plans to do the stage48 member ranking elections soon?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. trxsh

trxsh Member

Hm I see your point but I still kinda disagree since the Korean members were part of a collaboration project with the 48 group. Furthermore, I don't think the thread would exclusively be for Korean members since member interactions are usually posted in these group threads. No doubt the Japanese and Korean members will have further interaction of some kind in the future.

I don't see how disagreeing with you means she's "upset"? This forum has always encouraged discussion and debate. People heard you out and understand what you had to say, but some of us just don't agree with you.

12. Polygonsilikon

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    When you quote only specific part of the post make it look like you are angry. Especially when the quoted sections where about SNH and pure k pop groups. I wonder if you think it's okey to talk Everglow in other 48 two members of that group were in produce48 and its likley that an izone member will be apart of that group. Or Honey Popcorn another k pop group now which had former 48 members in it. Shall we talk Sasshis group there also. Soner or later it will lead to a problem. That is the main reason why i want the k line moved. If you want to discuss meetings between Sakura, Nako, Hitomi and korean members of Izone that should go to Sakuras or Nakos or Hitomis or all of their threads. It is unnecessary to post about any k line meeting because of the amount of korean music show so it will happen regulary when all is in their new group or solo projects expect for thread in idol emporium.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. trxsh

trxsh Member

you misunderstood. I quoted a specific part of your post because that was the part I was responding to. if *I* was the one you were calling angry- nope, I wasn't angry!

and I quoted this with an ellipse because I think it just starts to go more and more into a slippery slope from there. I think you know that we didn't consider Everglow and the other groups you mentioned to be associated with 48 group in the same way IZ*one is, and also that no one was claiming that.

What I meant was that I think it makes sense to move the thread to Other48 where other 48-affiliated projects that disbanded have been moved. They are directly affiliated with the 48 group and the other artists you listed aren't. Iz*one was a project that was partially managed by AKS/Vernalossom, those others are not.

I previously mentioned the reason that we could discuss interactions among members, and I am not sure why the possibility of the Korean and Japanese members meeting in the future was written off? They clearly have a really close bond. For eg, I think the Korean members will likely go to Japan for work reasons sine it's common for Korean idols to do so. It would be nice to have a place to posts about that if they got to meet. I even think online interactions are fair game, there might be stuff that people want to discuss that is relevant to the Japanese and Korean members' past as Iz*one members.

Hopefully that clears up my reasoning! And I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with my view, I just don't want misunderstanding of what I meant lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Polygonsilikon

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    It still seems that you don't get it. Why is Izone k-line that important than groups which have more 48 group connection not should be there. The slippery slope has already happend the produce 48 thread had to be locked because some people posted news about korean contestants from the produce 48. The thread did get opened up because the rigging blow up. Of course we shall not ban discussion about k-line it is only much safer to let it be in idol emporium. Another thing the korean members will temporary disappear in the companys so it will not be much to discuss at the moment. The only thing i can see for the moment is that Yena will be a part of Everglow and everything news will be about her group. And of course the starship girls. I do not think that posting about a korean music show weekly will go well. All my suggestions included a thread for the korean izone members.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    ... And? I believe the category is called Other48 not OtherAKS, no? It doesn't have 48 in the name, nor is it a sub unit composed of 48g members. Furthermore the 3 48g members who are in the group were unable participate in 48g activities while the contract lasted, a more severe break with the group than even graduating.

I don't see how IZ*ONE fits into either of the two boards currently under OTHER48, and as I understand it they currently can't create new boards. It seems to fit perfectly fine in Idol Emporium and probably should have been there to begin with. Its current location doesn't really make sense even before the group disbands.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. zukkybean

zukkybean Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    i think it'd probably fit best in other48. it'd make more sense to put it in the idol emporium section if the j-line had graduated to join iz*one, but they're still technically members of 48g while active in iz*one, so i think with that connection it'd fit best in other48. and it's also an official collaboration between mnet and vernalossom, rather than groups like honey popcorn or rocket punch which simply have ex-48g members present. but well it's just one thread rather than moving a whole subforum or anything (though then again, if it was moved to other48 it'd probably need to get plopped in its own section, seeing as it fits neither of the present ones), and the group is disbanding in less than a month, so i guess it doesn't really matter that much? just wanted to give my own opinion on it, though i'm not a mod ofc so it's mostly irrelevant lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Polygonsilikon

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    And hows that different to SNH 48 there was also an contract and members. Check the group mention after Sae in videos after the transfer. If you use an excuse for izone. The same excuse is valid for any other group your reason also cover primary SNH 48 proper. And if any one of three 48 girls meet one the korean girl why not post in the actual girls thread. The majority of the korean izone members will not be seen until their company debut them. K pop doesn't work as 48 groups. Another thing did miss in an early reply question is how will k pop discussion die down in an thread about k pop idols?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I had zero intention of coming back here to further discuss this but since you (@Polygonsilikon) seem to be addressing me (although that is confusing since your not quoting posts.) I will engage with you for the final time. I repeat I am not arguing (or debating) with you about this. You asked for opinions on where the izone related threads should go and I gave mine. Bringing other groups into it makes no sense to me. We are talking about Izone. I answered your question about SNH48 when you asked but that discussion is done - decision made. As far as I'm aware the moderators and admins have no intention of moving SNH48 back to a 48 group related category.

I suggest that the discussion about other groups activities should be done in idol emporium - this includes any other group that these girls are a part of whether that be rocket punch, everglow, or *insert yet unknown group names here*. The izone thread is about things related to izone. Yes some people use the opportunity to talk about individual members - that is a grey area- but i expect for the most part they will happen on the relevant groups threads. If they dont join groups afterwards then then the discussion will probably still end up in izone thread. No big deal. There isnt that much discussion going on here anyway. It is not a busy forum anymore.

I'm sorry you feel this way but this is incorrect as far as I'm considered. I quote the relevant part of the statement that way it doesnt seem all encompassing. Many people do this. Its pretty widely accepted on other forums too. I am forthright in my opinions, but that doesn't mean I'm angry. I do not let myself get angry on this forum anymore. I've realized its just the internet, it doesn't really matter.

I've talked about Everglow once on this forum and that was in response to someone else bringing them up in the Produce48 thread if I remember correctly. It could have been in the izone thread. Unrelated discussions can happen on threads - most of the time the mods are very good at kindly reminding people were they should go if gotten out of hand. (Kinda like I expect them to do with this thread as it really doesnt seem to be a discussion so much as trying to get people to agree with you.) However natural discussion does sometimes go off topic. Its really not something to worry about in this part of the process.

Honey Popcorn I would imagine normally goes under Kito Momona's thread but who knows, she wasnt my oshimen and I don't really follow them. They aren't active anyway and have given no indication that they intend to be again. If there was a big discussion I suppose it would warrant an additional thread in idol emporium but I don't think it ever will.

Sasshi doesn't have a group - she does produce some. I dont think I've ever seen an off topic post about those groups leaking in anywhere expect here, and you brought them up.

Sae and Mariyannu were members of SNH48 - nobody is denying that fact. They will be discussed in the SNH thread from time to time. The difference is SNH48 is not associated with 48 groups as company. They are their own seperate company. They were once part of the company and had their own sub forum, individual member threads etc etc - their status changed and eventually they decided to change their status on the forums.

In general most people come to this forum to talk about one thing - 48/46 related activities and members - this would include produce48 and izone as they are part of the 48/46 family. I don't think you are going to see much discussion on the Korean members - could be wrong. The mods will deal with it if it becomes an issue.

----
    My reasoning on why it should go into other48 one final time:

IZ*One is associated as an entity of the 48 group by ways of they are a collaboration group that was managed by 48g the company. They were on an AKB48 single. They were formed and managed under the premise that the Japanese members were still a part of their respective 48 groups. This is why I, and other people, think it fits in Other48. I'm sorry you disagree with us. Your views are valid but arguing the same point over and over is not going to help your case. Lets just stop the drama. This topic is not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    IZ*ONE is not, and never was part of 48g. Explicitly. If it had been, Sakura and Nako would have had no or few issues participating in occasional HKT activities, or Hiichan in Team 8 ones. Instead we had conspicuous holes left in every big anniversary etc. event. Being featured in one song on an AKB48 single along with Sakamichi members doesn't make them any more an associated entity than Idoling! was for Chuu Shiyouzu! The SNH example is telling: SNH became fully independent, IZ*ONE was deliberately independent (and disconnected) from the start.

Vernalossom is not "48g the company", and has even gone to great lengths to distance itself from the AKS of old.

Your entire premise is false.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, the staff is looking at everyone's opinions and suggestions, and will be discussing the future of the discussed threads. So there is no need for further argument, unless you are someone who hasn't yet voiced an opinion and would like to. Thank you all for the feedback.

• Like Like x 1