1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Spring 2018 Shuffle - Staffing/Forum Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, May 3, 2018.

?

Should I allow likes/dliskes in the rating system?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Stage48 Spring 2018 Shuffle - Staffing/Forum Changes

Optimized-G160819-1.jpg
    Hey look, I have some new minions

Some of you may have already noticed certain changes I've made to Stage48 over the past month or so. I said then that it's all part of a bigger update that I would talk about later, and here it is. AKB48 has had their shuffle and kennins cancelled, now it's our turn to shake things up a bit.

1. Staffing Changes

@Cristafari, @MurasakiSora and @joooooooooe have all done a wonderful job as moderators ever since being promoted way back in 2015, but running a forum of this size is still an incredibly taxing one for a small team like ours. We're always on the lookout for more capable staff that fit most or all the following criteria -
    • Experienced poster - should know how Stage48 is usually run
    • Ability to be level-headed and impartial
    • Knowledge of how the 48 Group really works in Japan. Having been to Japan is not a requirement, but a big plus
    • Same deal w/ Japanese, not required, but a plus
    • Able to guide discussion in an appropriate direction as needed
    • Be unified with the rest of the staff
    As such, I'm glad to announce the following additions to our staff, effective immediately.

昇格/Promotion

@EinhanderX --> Moderator

@kanjo --> Moderator
    @Kuura --> Moderator
    @Silenka --> Moderator
    @sscrla --> Moderator

卒業/Graduation

@Afro_Stud
    @Corinth
    @otoppoi
    @rust

These members are no longer able to help with running the forum, either due to changing interests or a lack of time to dedicate to the forum because of real life commitments. To avoid further confusion, I will be changing their status back to regular members so no one tries to go to them for help. Please join me in thanking them for all their hard work over the years.

You can find a list of all the current staff here: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?members/&type=staff. I'm staying on as administrator, and Cristafari, MurasakiSora and joooooooooe are staying on as moderators.

2. Ratings System

A new ratings system has been implemented, as I'm sure you've all noticed and have been experimenting with. The buttons are pretty self-explanatory, and part of the reason for the system is to cut back on spam. Instead of quoting a post and only saying "Thanks," now you can simply just like it.

There was some disagreement over whether to allow likes/dislikes, but I have reinstated it for now. In addition to clearing up clutter, it is largely a system for fun. If you find yourself getting a lot of dislikes, it may mean it's time to reevaluate what you just wrote. On the other hand, it may also just mean you have different tastes than others and doesn't necessarily mean you did anything wrong. Ultimately, the only reason a post would be deleted or edited is because it breaks one of our rules.

Finally, DO NOT message any of the moderators asking for your dislikes to be removed. We have better things to do with our time, and will most likely ignore you. If you repeatedly bother one of us for something as trivial as that, I'll probably add 50 dislikes to your profile just because you annoyed me :p

Of course, I reserve the right to add/remove any of the rating buttons as I see fit, so behave yourselves.

3. Titles/Trophy System

Whoo, some of you are no longer kenkyuusei! The trophy system is somewhat tied to the above ratings system, in that ratings have an intrinsic positive, neutral, or negative value. Some trophies are rewarded only a certain amount of positive "points" are received.

This system was born because I really wanted a way to recognize users like @ForrestFuller, @foodlfg or @rka who help our users with their posts, their threads, or help me directly in setting up the annual Stage48 Member Ranking (yes, this year's is coming) or the Stage48 Sousenkyo Exit Poll. I can't promote everyone to staff, but I want people to know that I, and the community here, appreciate all the hard work they put into the forum. This is also meant to encourage better, and more well-thought out posts from the whole community, as those should be the posts getting the most positive points.

That said, not everything is tied to "positive" points. Right now, there's some other ones for post count and connecting your Twitter account. The system is still very much new and I'll be continually adding trophies as time goes by. Unfortunately, the system isn't really that flexible so I'm limited in what I can set trophies for, but it's something for the long haul, so don't fret if you're still a kenkyuusei. I'm also considering honorary banners, but we'll see about that.

You can see all currently available trophies here: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?help/trophies

4. FAQ

While I have your attention, I might as well address some of the most commonly asked questions.

1. Why don't you update the banners? They're years old!

Yeah, I would've updated them a long time ago if I could. @evile1690 has graciously volunteered to do so, but sadly, I can't even give him access, nor can I even change them. The only people with complete access to the backend of the forum that can change the templates/add features is @Mr Waffle and @aezea.

2. Where is Mr Waffle then?

Same answer as always. We can luckily reach him whenever something goes catastrophically wrong with the forum, but other than that, I haven't been able to get him to respond to any of my requests in the past. I would love to update our forum and add new features by upgrading to Xenforo 2, but I can't without him, the Super Administrator.

3. Can you add me as an author on Wiki48?

I have nothing to do with Wiki48. Pretty much any of the partner sites listed in our header are independent. I have control over this forum and Translate48, and that's it. It's better to post in the respective threads if you want to join or help any of them, as the people there are probably in a better position to help you.

4. When is this year's Stage48 Member Ranking going to be held?

Soon. If I can find the time, hopefully sometime this week.

That's it! I hope the above changes help make your Stage48 experience more pleasant and enjoyable. I try to make do with the tools I actually have, and hopefully they will help develop the community for the better. If you have any questions about any of the above, feel free to post here and let's give a warm welcome to our new staff too!

• Like Like x 46
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Congrats to @sscrla on becoming the oldest mod in the history of the internet :p. Anyways, nice to see some new mods :) (all deserving).

To my fellow KKS, your time will come (Don't worry). As Takamina once said "Hard work will be rewarded". Your hard work will be rewarded one day and you will get that much deserve promotion. (Felt the need to say this as I am at Future Girl after lol).

Also noticed that Xenforo 2.0 has a feature that a lot of ppl have wanted here (me included). Hopefully one day we can finally upgrade this site once again (I joined a couple of months before this site was upgraded to Xenforo).

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Thank you so much for the new updates!
    It's been quite exciting coming in here and using them these days.

I feel that the like/agree/winner, dislike/disagree and useful/informative buttons are quite similar in context, but out of the new buttons the one which was most unique and convenient has been the funny button.

I no longer have to quote someone just to say "lol" like at what @ForrestFuller just posted.

I'm also glad the "bad grammar" button is changed to "old" that's actually much more useful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Congrats to the new mods! But is there a description of who is responsible for what area?

5. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    About the like/dislike buttons, i don't mind either way. But one thing i noticed is that trophies that require likes, Kenkyuusei Training for example, will indeed count only the likes and not the positive ratings in general so if likes/dislikes are removed this should be fixed too. Also about titles/ranks, maybe is just because we are only starting with the system but they seem too hard to obtain, boring/non-spamming users like me will stay kenkyuusei forever.

Lastly, congrats to the new mods :1st:

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Also the optimistic button. That was the best one.

Because it sounds positive but actually it's dripping with sarcasm.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I like all these new mods individually. So, I'm happy for all of them. I approve! (not that you guys need my approval lol)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Congratulations to all the mods!
    @Silenka was way overdue!

Also, yes to like/dislike, but I also want the rainbow one. Let us gays be happy!

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

damn can't give out rainbows anymore huh
    that was the only one worth giving

• Like Like x 2
  10. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

The linking twitter thing seems to be broken whenever I try it. I'm not sure why, but I posted about it in another thread and I don't think anyone addressed it.

Aside from that, the changes sound good to me. Everyone has been a kks for far too long lol

11. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    congrats to the new mods!
    looking forward to the 2017 member ranking :D

12. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Familiar with a couple of new mods, congrats to all of them of course. A bit sad to see some of the graduating mods but good to know they're still a part of the community. Yup, thanks for a job well done.
    Please keep the like/dislike button. It is very useful. I also agree about the 'funny' button. Hoping you can bring it back. There are some real funny posts here and there and some does give lots of effort in making them. Sure we can just like it, but the funny button is more fitting sometimes.
    Looking forward for the 2017 member ranking. (better check your cholesterol level guys) :v:

13. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Ah... Fresh meat, eh? :awesome:

Well, good luck... you got a lot of work ahead of you. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    New mods, cool. No, "Funny" or "Gay" rating, not cool.

I want people to know I'm laughing at their posts...I'm never gonna be as brave as @Dee to quote someone to just say "lol". i don't really have a strong opinion on the ratings = new status for member's thing. Everyone being a kenkyuusei was kind of cute lol. Now I'm gonna judge @ForrestFuller whenever he/she gets in senbatsu cause my oshimen deserves to be there instead lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Autobot Princess

Autobot Princess Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hotei Moka
    Congrats to the new mods and I wish the old ones a fond farewell~

16. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    The rating system is a good addition :D I really like it~ Please bring back the funny rate haha Thanks admin!

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Congrats for the new mods! Happy for you guys~ :1st:

Well looks like we still need the like button to be promoted, but not with the dislike button because someone will abuse it, haha.. I'm too selfish, huh?

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

reading from the trophies info, it seems like its missing "under girls" and "Senbatsu" rank ?

Upcoming girls = 700 likes
    Future Girls = 800 likes
    Next Girls = 900 likes
    Under Girls = ?
    Senbatsu = ?

i am stuck at rank 81-100. please help fix it :) and congrats to all the new mods promotion :1st:

19. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Congrats for the mods, and thank you for those who already doing it for years.

Second this, the funny rate sometimes helpful in differentiating sarcastic joke or literal post.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    The promotion from KSS still is so low, i'm not Kaotan :(

Where's my Do not feed the troll button.

• Agree Agree x 2