1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Spring 2018 Shuffle - Staffing/Forum Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, May 3, 2018.

?

Should I allow likes/dliskes in the rating system?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    ^ truth

And I strongly believe that it has to be regulated. You have my vote.
    On contrary to some thought of 'freedom of expression', real life society 'regulates' societal behaviour indirectly (ostracizing/shunning/turn deaf ear) and directly (criticism, libel laws) whether you like it or not

Your freedom ends at the tip of my nose and so does mine to yours. The old saying goes..

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm someone who's still fairly new to J-Pop and I have no clue about other Asian cultures (except a little bit Indian, but also only one specific region), so I try to listen when people tell me "but this is how it's done in Asia" or "this is how the Japanese fans will think." At the same time, this is an English speaking forum and a very international one at that. Disregarding completely how people feel regarding ethics and moral is just really a hindrance when it comes to communicating, like kanjo already said. It seems to work for the majority of us to follow the rules of general conversation and pay attention to how others feel

I have had a few sensible conversations with Korean and Japanese girls that have explained to me how they feel about feminism and political correctness and saying they don't care about it is very wrong; they just live it differently than we do in the west. Of course, when an actual Asian female talks about this topic I'm going to listen more than when some guy tries to mansplain it.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
  3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I wasn't sure it was possible for someone to out-sexist Slacker, nicely done!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Who's moderating what forum, can one of you guys explain. Or is it still in discussion?

5. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

It could be... the SHADOW mod. :fear:

Lurking in the SHADOWS. :cool:

6. Akusaiko

Akusaiko Future Girls

I think that all of us are still far way to go from be fully able to understand and discuss about culture here either music, religious, or country,

those who try to show they know everything about culture is crap, people are talking about culture before we born and may goes on after we die, so despite of what will happen, just relaxed, respect, and responds;)

Congrats to the new mod:flower:

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @ithebigc Please restore the Optimistic (rainbow) and Funny ratings, and change Old to a neutral rating if possible. (The first two requests have been echoed by numerous others both in this thread and elsewhere.)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Not sure how saying he is mansplaining is sexist but okay :confused:

9. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    At this point we don't really declare any moderator in charge of a particular forum, although some moderators have stated (presently, and in the past) that they are more comfortable moderating in the sections they normally post in. However, we don't really expect moderators to "patrol" sections of the forum. Of course they can if they wish to, but it isn't an expectation.

A lot of the moderating has to do with handling reports, and fixing little issues here and there. (Spam, etc.) These things can really be solved by anyone, regardless of their familiarity with a particular aspect of the group. Rules are rules. Although if the situation is more complicated, a moderator may kick the issue up to a more experienced moderator, or admin.

10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

And you have us old “neighborhood watch” guys, wondering around... :hehe: