1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    Hello everyone,

I thought the Europe thread was too large and difficult to communicate in so I decided to make a separate thread for UK AKB fans.

I think it would be great to chat here and get to know the AKB fans in the UK.

It would also be great if we could meet up oneday and go karaoke and sing AKB songs or just a regular meetup [hehe]

So as a intro:

1. Where are you from in the UK?
    2. How did you get into AKB?
    3. Which members are your favourites?

<3

Me:

1. Where are you from in the UK?
    I'm originally from Croydon in South London but now I live in East London^^

2. How did you get into AKB?
    I was originally a sworn Momusu fan. I remember seeing the Skirt Hirari pv when it was first launched and feeling some contempt. [sealed] It wasn't till the BINGO! single that my ill feelings subsided and I became a follower of both groups. By Namida Surprise most of my attention had shifted mostly to AKB and they have been my favourite artist since then. I still follow Momusu and I love them both to bits. <3

3. Which members are your favourites?
    My top 2 are: Kizaki Yuria and Shiroma Miru

Where we're all living:
    London: 8
    Hertfordshire: 1
    Nottingham: 1
    Milton Keynes: 1
    Norfolk: 1
    Lincolnshire: 1
    Lancashire: 1
    Guernsey: 1
    Sheffield: 1
    Edinburgh: 1
    Aberdeen: 1
    Leeds: 1
    West Midlands: 1
    Portsmouth: 1

Our Favourite Members:
    Watanabe Mayu: 5
    Itano Tomomi: 5

Oshima Yuko: 4
    Shinoda Mariko: 3

Minegishi Minami: 2
    Kojima Haruna: 2
    Shimazaki Haruka: 2
    Miyazawa Sae: 2
    Takahashi Minami: 2
    Miyawaki Sakura: 2
    Suda Akari: 2
    Kashiwagi Yuki: 2

Sato Amina: 1
    Aigasa Moe: 1
    Ishida Haruka: 1
    Takayanagi Akane: 1
    Yamada Nana: 1
    Sashihara Rino: 1
    Kondo Rina: 1
    Matsui Jurina: 1
    Takahashi Juri: 1
    Ogasawara Mayu: 1
    Iwatate Saho: 1
    Takajo Aki: 1
    Iwasa Misaki: 1
    Nakamata Shiori: 1
    Maeda Ami: 1
    Yokoyama Yui: 1
    Matsui Rena: 1
    Kizaki Yuria: 1
    Kimoto Kanon: 1
    Yamada Nana: 1
    Yoshida Akari: 1
    Shimada Haruka: 1
    Kato Rena: 1
    Azuma Rion: 1
    Mita Mao: 1
    Murashige Anna: 1

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB fans in UK gather~

So little reads and no replies! I guess I shall be the first :p

1. From one of the home counties, Hertfordshire.

2. Got into the group, umm, actually I knew of their existance for ages, just never got into them until a few years back. Dabbled in Momusu before and been a JPop fan since '98.

3. Fav members currently (before anymore grads happen) - Amina, Moe & Tomochin. full list is here

3. WinLon

WinLon Kenkyuusei

Hello, well I was wondering if there was any AKB48 in UK. Seems so lonely to not be able to talk to anyone about AKB48.

1.I live in South East London.

2.Well if I remember, I think I've known about AKB48 for a year now. I was bored revising for my exams so I was watching Momusu videos. But then I saw AKBingo, my cousin always said AKB48 is terrible. But after watching a few episodes, I was instantly hooked. Then I started to listen to their songs and read about them. Thus turning me into a fan.

3.My top favourite has always been Mayuyu.

4. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

The only AKB fans I know are both Japanese. One is in Japan and one is London (but we don't meet so often).
    I also have a British born Japanese friend who I converted into a AKB fan a few years ago but hes moved over to C-ute since last year :^^;:
    Other than people on the forum, I feel like I have no one to rant about AKB to or discuss conspiracy theories :p
    So far we've got Hertfordshire and SE London. Yay all in a close area :)

Is anyone going to watch the past streams of the elections in the next few days?
    Unfortunately I can't get time off work >__< I could stream them at work but I can't have headphones on and watch the whole thing without looking suspicious so probably won't watch properly. Timezones suck.

I'm really glad this year's election ceremony is on a Saturday. It means I can get rested and also sit at home and watch it all the way through. :inlove:

Last year when Yuko won I baked a cake lol. Hopefully I can bake another victory one for her this year <3

5. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Hello,

1). I'm in Nottingham.

2). How did I get into following AKB ... well I'd been aware of them for quite some time having been to Japan several times on holiday where you can't avoid coming into contact with them. Despite that I hadn't really listened (knowingly) to any of their music.

Then last year I watched AKB0048 (I like Anime and Manga) and thought it was pretty good and in particular I loved the music. I ended up importing the OP CDs from the series and from there I decided to pick-up the next AKB48 single which was due to come out (which was Gingham Check). At the same time I was reading and watching things online about the groups to try and find out more about them. It turned out that my Japanese teacher is a fan so I borrowed a couple of things off her to see a little more (2011 Kohaku Utagassen, 2nd Documentary) so I liked what I saw. Then I watched the live stream of Maeda Atsuko's theatre graduation online at the end of last August and I knew I wanted to know more about the group.

I was going to Japan last October so I used that opportunity to buy some CDs/DVDs cheap at Book Off and other shops in Akihabara and elsewhere bringing back a large pile of stuff :) When I got back I ended up watching the Saitama 2012 concert boxset three times in a row and at that point I knew I was addicted ;)

My favourite concerts (on DVD) are Saitama Super Arena 2012 (where Acchan announced her graduation), SKE48 Spring 2012 (an amazingly good concert) and AKB48 Team K Okinawa Summer 2012.

Now I'm following quite a few of the members on Google+ and Twitter and using their posts as extra examples to help with my learning of Japanese (which I'm very not good at). I'm also watching vast amounts of current and back catalogue TV shows by the various groups.

3). My current favourite members are Ishida Haruka (AKB), Takayanagi Akane (SKE), Yamada Nana (NMB) and Sashihara Rino (HKT) and yes I have voted for all of them in the election. There are good few other members I like to a lesser extent.

I can't watch the streams on Thursday as I need to be in the office but I'm off on Friday so can watch the ones then, (I took Friday off so I can do the chores then i would normally do on Saturday), and I'm watching the election on Saturday (of course!).

6. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

^ The real show starts at JST 17.00 right? Which is 8.00 in the UK :(

Saying that I will probably be too excited to sleep and wake up at 7am :lol:

7. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I don't think so ... The show stream starts at 5:15pm JST and JST is 9hrs ahead of GMT which would be 8:15am .... But we are currently BST which is GMT+1 so the current time difference is 8hrs, not 9hrs, making it a 9:15am start UK time.

To check for yourself Google for the current time in Tokyo (3:45am at time of writing) and it's currently 7:45pm here .... 8hrs difference.

Saying that my HTPC will probably be on from a lot earlier to make sure it doesn't want to do something silly like update during the concert.

8. WinLon

WinLon Kenkyuusei

It's a shame I don't understand Japanese so I will have to pass watching the past elections. However I will be watching the livestream on Saturday :D . Need to see Mayuyu take 1st place!!

And Infinitehippos is right, the stream should be on 9:15am because we are GMT+1, so there's an 8 hour difference. I guess that will be one more hour of sleep for you. I know I will be too excited and wake up in the middle of night or not sleep at all.

9. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

1) I currently live in Milton Keynes, although I only just moved down here from Northumberland.

2) I got into AKB completely by accident. I went to Japan for a year as an exchange student and on my first day testing my internet connection I opened youtube to check if any Starcraft games had been uploaded to watch. The day before AKB had just uploaded all of their MVs to youtube, so there were huge banners everywhere and videos of a big group of girls that looked like cheerleaders in school uniforms.. so I opened one and watched (Iiwake Maybe) and that was sort of that.. it grew from there. Being able to watch Shuukan every week, see them all on PVs and magazines and other TV shows etc. I'd never even heard of AKB48 before I went to Japan.

3) AKB48 - Watanabe Mayu - Basically from the first second I saw her in Iiwake maybe, I was googling to find out who she was.

NMB48 - Kondo Rina - I guess you could say I was "fished" by her, during my second time at the NMB theatre.

I don't actively follow SKE or HKT as groups, although I do like some members as individuals.
    NMB > AKB for me, but I do follow both extensively.

10. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

^ You are a SC player? :) Did you get Heart of the Swarm?

I'm so excited about the election tomorrow, I think I won't be able to sleep tonight :(

11. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Not yet, my gaming PC is currently broken. Which means no SC2, Dota2 or CSGO for me atm :(

12. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

1. Where are you from in the UK? Norwich, Norfolk! But may be moving to Leeds in September, due to my year prolong entry to uni.

2. How did you get into AKB? I was a fan and supporter of Jrock a few years ago, due to that, i started to research even more J-Music, and i discovered AKB and never turned back.

3. Which members are your favourites? Mariko is pretty much ultimate oshi. But other favourites include Miichan and Tomochin.

So relieved to see a UK thread! I dont know any AKB fans what so ever, let alone in the UK aha ^^

13. BentoBoy

BentoBoy Kenkyuusei

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: this is what I've been waiting for YAAAAAAAAAY i'm no longer alone thanks for making this thread so happy now there's quite few uk fans on here now which is great 1.North East Lincs is where I live exact location unimportant due to the way people are where I live

2. Neo Magazine is where I discovered AKB48 and then I joined Youtube and the rest is history my

username is ILovesAKB48 and my faves list is filled with all sorts of AKB48 goodness among other music stuff that i'm into

3. my favourite members are Mayu Watanabe, Yuki Kashiwagi, Yuko Oshima, Kojima Haruna and Tomomi Itano <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

14. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe

Hello! :D i am quite happy for this thread as id love to find people from the uk who love akb48 :D it'd be awesome to do a meet up some point in the future :D

1. Ive just moved from Blackburn to a small town called Darwen in Lancashire :D its like...40 minutes away from manchester on the train :D

2. I have friend on twitter who i met a few years ago at a jrock concert. He loved akb48 and in january i thought, go on, lets try them. And tried UZA. Bought it and watched the dvd and fell in love. The rest is history. XDDD

3. My favourite member is yuko :B but i love miichan, takamina, sae, paruru, jurina, kojiharu <3

15. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

Yay more members in this thread [party] I'm adding a geographical record of members now and favourite members :p

I know we've probably all watched the sousenkyo yesterday and left many comments on dozens of threads. :)

Congrats to Sasshi on her win. I am sure infinitehippos is very happy :lol:

I watched the election on both fujitv and youtube yesterday. It was quite emotional for me all throughout. I think I burst into tears from the moment Akarin got into Senbatsu and then from then my heart was thumping from every announcement.

One thing that ruined the election broadcast for me slightly were the commentators. I think that better choices could have been Kobayashi Yoshinori and the other celeb AKB fans. I'm sure they would have been more interesting and kept quiet at important annoucements. :lol:

16. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

It seems like people are mostly up north? My geography skills are bad xD
    But meet up for sure! espicially if its a Japanese related event, i know Hyper Japan in next month also MCM Expo in October? ^^

Ah i tried watching it! But i couldn't in the end :c
    Im finding parts, but not the whole thing at the moment ><
    I tried keep some parts non-spoiled, but with the events that happened, the news were splattered everywhere xD But still, emotional rollercoaster OTL
    Plus, hoping subs or atleast some sort of translations soon ^^

17. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

Japan related event and meetup:
    I totally agree about the Japan related event :) Hyper Japan last year had a good AKB stand and Aso Natsuko performed there too. Definitely worth idol fans going <3
    Has anyone ever sang AKB songs karaoke? :lol:
    I used to go frequently. There are loads of Japanese karaoke places in London with up to date songs. The sad thing is I do not know many AKB fans here to go with :cry:

Election:
    I watched it in Japanese but I do accept the convenience of having subs.
    Is anyone learning Japanese here?
    I have studied Japanese for several years and obtained JLPT N1 a while ago. Now I am studying for Kanji Kentei. I must be mad :^^;:
    I do admit AKB are a huge motivation for me to study hard. The members always use atleast 1 kanji per week I do not know. So in order to read their blog posts, keep up to date, I am always studying the reading and writing.

18. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

I've never been to Hyper Japan before! Im so tempted to go next month~
    I was hoping there was an AKB stan, i better save up a lot more money than i planned before then xD

Im not that knowledgeable with London, i usually only go down for concerts like Jrock etc.
    But never been to Karaoke, plus, i fear my japanese is too bad for it xD

I think that is a good way to study and to give you motivation as well tbh! I learnt basics through music and dramas etc. espicially AKB shows have helped a lot with their word games. I plan to focus on studying it over the holidays to help me for more events like this orz

19. WinLon

WinLon Kenkyuusei

I've been wanting to go to hyperjapan. I was wondering if there was an AKB stand because MCM expo has nothing idol related. Looks like I have to save up and go next month :D

I've always wanted to learn Japanese but I have no idea where to start. I remember when I was going to karoake with my friends in london. Some of the AKB songs had Romaji (I think that's what it's called), so you won't need to know Japanese. Too bad none of my friends like AKB so I didn't sing any.

20. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

My previous experiances of Hyper Japan weren't particularly good and haven't been since the year they brought Wakashima Kanon over. That year was a complete mess, such poor organising. Still not sure if I'd ever go again tbh [sealed]