1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Just watching a video on BBC Iplayer about Babymetal. Just talking about their performance in Wembley then the guy went to Japan to learn more stuff.

Had a bit of a surprise about 10 minutes in when they started to talk about AKB. Even showed footage of one of the elections. Seemed like quite a positive portrayal aside from one comment about old men liking it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03pl75v/babymetal-wembley-to-tokyo?

2. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    The "Expert" who was talking about AKB said they originally had 48 members at the start, so much rage building.

3. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oh that made me cringe. And audibly groan. These 'experts' do not have the faintest clue.

Did anyone else watch Joanna Lumley exploring Japan? I was amused by her at a Kamen Joshi show but overall I did really enjoy it as a mini series :)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

4. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    No I missed it, I really wanted to as it looked cool. Hopefully it comes onto Iplayer or whatever soon.

5. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    It was on ITV so whatever they use as catch up should have it.

She explored the length of the country and went to places I wouldn't have thought to. Must be nice to have the budget to do that :p Would recommend watching it if you can.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

6. yuko&jurinafan

yuko&jurinafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari

i sent off akari & akane's birthday presents yesterday ^^

7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  8. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Funnily enough, a very tiny piece on this appeared in the Metro about Aki-P joining Sony Music in apologising for the uniforms. While it's a shame it has to be about this topic - since the only press that makes it to western shores about 48/46G is bad press - I did get a warm feeling seeing Keyaki being mentioned in my morning commute [hehe]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I'm still waiting for my copies to arrive! Bought all 5 types, plus the regular edition of Sayonara no Imi (Kiichan cover + Nanamin solo = yes pls).

The Keyakizaka story made the BBC news as well, but then they're coverage on Japan is so limited they'll generally spring on anything.

Just a reminder that the Hyper Japan Christmas Market is this coming weekend, and Wasamin and The Hoopers will be performing :) Several of the UK AKB fans will be going, myself included, and I will definitely be meeting The Hoopers and Wasamin. Having met Wasamin before, I'm mega excited to see her again <3
    If anyone else is around and would like to say hello to some fellow 48/46G fans, drop me a message on here and I can let you know whereabouts we are on the day :)

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So jealous of those of you who could go to the Hyper Japan thing and got to meet Wasamin!

I had already planned to go to London next weekend and got other Birminghanian shenanigans going on this weelend. :glare:

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  12. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
  13. Takaminas

Takaminas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    I saw someone tweeted it yesterday with over 25k retweets :omg:

Must look very funny to someone without context :hehe:

14. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Hiya, I'm Rebecca from Warwickshire.
    I first heard about AKB when I became a hello project fan and was intrigued but wasn't really into it. I watched some of AKB0048 and got obsessed with a couple of songs but still didn't really become a proper fan. The thing that pushed me over the edge was Keyakizaka46. I'm still kinda of new to this stuff so I hope you'll bare with me if I say anything stupid.
    My favourite members include (including former members)
    1. Nagahama Neru
    2. Iwasa Misaki
    3. Kinoshita Momoka
    4. Sakaki Miya (literally just joined, but I'm ready to put all my eggs in the same basket)
    5. Kojima Haruna

15. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Megumibex - hello and welcome to the UK thread! :D
    Wow, you already like a STU48 member! I don't even know all of their names yet :S
    We have quite a few people in the group who like Keyakizaka46, myself included - how do you rate their 4th single?

I know Warwickshire is rather far away but we occasionally hold meet ups in London where we trade photos and talk idols if you would like to meet other fans in the future! :)

16. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Hi everyone, hope you are all okay. A lot of our UK thread members are spread all over the UK which can make meeting up in London quite difficult. Because of this I came up with the idea of using Google My Maps. Google My Maps allows people to add a pin to their location so everyone can see the location of other fans. The main aim of this is to try and help the UK fans get more connected.

If you want to add your location or even just see other fans locations just follow this link. At this point it is just me on there and when opened you will be looking at my house but once more pins are added the map will zoom out to show all pins.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pg-tw05pWgqZT0l9vbmPGAUSdj4&usp=sharing

17. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @Blair Collins - thank you so much for making this!
    I have only one question - how do I add my location to the map you have created? Or do I have to create a new one and then share it here? :)

18. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @Yukitie Haha don't mention it. When you open the map if you look just below the search bar you see see an icon that looks like a marker/pin. Just click that and then you will have to put the pin down on your location then a box will appear where you can enter your name and if you want to some details.

19. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I would suggest that people add themselves slightly more generically than their individual houses ... For instance I live in Nottingham so would add a location of the center of Nottingham rather than my actual house.

Whilst the people here are probably absolutely fine the internet has its own range of weirdos and the forum and map are publicly accessible and who knows when some one might take offence to something or link up something you post ....

For example someone comes on here and says that they are going to Japan next week for three weeks ... Now it's possible for anyone to know where you live and that you are away ... burglar-tastic ...

Sent from my UMI_SUPER using Tapatalk

20. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    @Yukitie Thank you for the welcome! I only know Sakaki Miyu because she auditioned for Morning Musume back in the day and I always hope she'd get to debut somewhere. I'm loving Keyakizaka's 4th single! Every new single I think to myself "Man they're never gonna top this" but every time so far they have for me. They've quickly become one of my favorite idol groups.