1. Because I will be attending the actual sousenkyo in Okinawa, rka is conducting our exit poll in my place as he did two years ago. Click here to let us know how you're voting in this year's sousenkyo and why!
  2. Results for our 10th annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    I'm actually working on a list right now, here. Since a lot of team changes happen, and girls graduate and so on, I decided to just leave the girl's name and her age (using the age template).

2. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oba Mina
    @DaifugoEyes I can help if you need it, just added SKE's 1st Gen to the Birthday List; you can keep going with SKE since I'm logging out for now :chuffed:

3. kanjo

kanjo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
  4. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    Actually I find this really interesting, therefore, for now I would be happy to do it by myself! But I'll let you know.
    If you do decide to edit, please make sure to put the girls that share debuts by the birth order, older first.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  5. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oba Mina
    Sure thing! Let us know if you want to split up the work, I can imagine entering 400+ girls' birthdays might get a bit taxing after a while :p

And no prob, as this is your page we'll follow how you'd like to set it up ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    @MeoJim It would be wonderful if you could put NMB's there! I'm almost done with SKE48 (Only have the drafties left).

7. kanjo

kanjo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Do you want to include all members past and present? Even if they quit pre media-debut like http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Yoshimoto_Ayaka

Edit: Apart from her and the other girl who quit before Nogi started (and Suzuki Mizuho, who quit before Keyaki started but isn't worth contemplating because we don't even know her d.o.b.), Sakamichi is done.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oba Mina
    @DaifugoEyes Cool, I'll start NMB in a bit! Let me know if me editing interferes with your editing, not sure how the wiki deals with multiple users doing edits on the same article :p

EDIT: done up to NMB 3rd Gen. It's getting a bit late on my end but hope it helps!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  9. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    I'm going to upload 4th gen and later now. Thanks a lot! @MeoJim

10. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    Sorry for the double post, but all SNH48 members who for some reason were changed from Lv (吕) to Lu, should be changed back. That's the official way of writing it in English. I don't know how to change the page title, so...

11. sscrla

sscrla Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't know about official, but lv is used for computer input to get lü. I would use lü, not lv. From wikipedia:

"Pinyin uses Ü only when ambiguity could arise with similarly romanised words containing a U; Wade-Giles and Lessing use Ü in all situations. As the letter "ü" is missing on most keyboards and the sound "v" is not present in standard Mandarin, the letter "v" is used on most computer Chinese input methods to enter the letter "ü". As a result, romanisation of Chinese with the letter "v" representing the ü sound is sometimes found."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ü

So it looks like official Pinyin uses ü, not v, but I don't have a source to the official Pinyin rules.

12. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    Lv is what's used on the official site, anyway.

13. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Natsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    Please help to change all the NMB48 members page (Agency, from Yoshimoto to Showtitle) example

And... the SNH48 names with Lu should be changed back to Lv. Is the official translation from the web.

14. sscrla

sscrla Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't understand why the wiki should match the official website. For example, look at
    http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/

The first entry is
    入山 杏奈
    Anna Iriyama

(see also http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/detail.php?mid=51 )

but the wiki has
    Iriyama Anna (入山杏奈)

Not only do we not put the given name ahead of the family name, but we don't put the extra space between the family name and the given name in Kanji. (Do any publications in Japan put an extra space in the middle of names?)

Now 吕梦莹 is indeed written as Lv MengYing on the official website
    http://www.snh48.com/member_detail.php?sid=10152

but names written in English from Pinyin don't capitalize the second character in the given name. If your name were Albert, you wouldn't write it AlBert, and neither do the Chinese I know (if they are from Taiwan they would use a hypen, e.g., Tsai Ying-wen, and might capitalize the second character of the given name, but SNH is not in Taiwan). Who thinks of 毛泽东 as Mao ZeDong?

If you really want to follow the official website even if they follow non-standard conventions, then you should change the names of all the AKB and sister Japanese groups as well. Now I think it would be silly to use the names on the official website when they don't match normal naming conventions, but I am not in charge.

P.S. How do you pronounce Lv, Love? If the goal is convey the sound of the name, Lv doesn't really do it. Lü seems a better choice to me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  15. Renappon

Renappon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ishidachihos
    Is it possible to use Lü? If so, I think it would be the best choice.

16. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oba Mina
    @DaifugoEyes @sscrla @takajuro The problem as I currently see it is the debate of the official pinyin vs. something which would be easier for an English user to pronounce: on the one hand the official site has it as "Lv", which has been pointed out is not very pronounceable for the typical English speaker; the alternative "Lu" would be pronounced more accurately but has brought up some contention amongst the wiki editors. The third option "Lü" is not very helpful on its own, since the wiki's search isn't capable of doing assumptions without a bit of help and "ü" is not a common character on the standard keyboard (an Alt function is needed to type it).

Japanese members cannot really factor into this because their website has tried to adapt to our naming conventions when putting their first name first in the romanised version; furthermore most Japanese articles I've seen have written the entire name as one e.g. 大場美奈 as opposed to 大場 美奈, again saying to me that the website is trying to add a bit of western flair to their site. The SNH site is writing the Pinyin as it appears and not for Western audiences, otherwise it would probably be written "MengYing Lu".

I don't really focus too much on the overseas groups, so I'll leave it up to you and the other editors to decide, but a "catch-all" solution could be to have the page moved to "Lü MengYing" and have redirects of "Lu MengYing" and "Lv MengYing" to that page. Of course it's not a perfect solution, and it opens up the floodgates about how many SNH pages need to be changed to include accents over their vowels, but it could be at least a solution for the Lu/Lv debate :chuffed:

Oh, and @sccrla I can see the benefit of capitalising the second part of the name i.e. Lu MengYing as opposed to Lu Mengying, since it helps a reader identify what character belongs to what part of the name, but also concede like you that it's not commonly done when writing their names in Pinyin :D

17. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
  18. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Hey found some mistakes in BEJ48 Team E 2nd stage (units)
    in An ye Jiaobu Sheng the centers are Zheng YiFan and Li Zi
    in Yiqian Ling Yi Ye the center is Li Xiang
    and in Ai de Mofa I think the centers are Liu ShengNan and Su ShanShan (I maybe wrong on this one)

19. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Natsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    ¿Why we dont unify the pages of SNH48 song that are covers of AKB48? Actually, is very confused for all, and SNH48G will not use AKB48 songs anymore.

Examples, Itoshisa no defense (SNH48 Song) and Itoshisa no defense .
    We only have to add the title in Mandarin and the Performing Members. The other credits are the same (Writer, composer, etc.) I would make all the change, but I cant delete pages

20. Humbucker

Humbucker Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino