1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Can someone either fix or remove position changes on http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AKB48_45th_Single_Senbatsu_Sousenkyo_〜Bokutachi_wa_Dare_ni_Tsuiteikeba_ii?〜 ? They are not even misleading, this is an eyebrow-raising circus...

Edit: OK, sorry, I think I have finally caught the idea that these are position changes, not positions in previous election, as I have assumed, but wouldn't that be good to mention in a visible place the meaning of the part in brackets? Got me working for a while, dunno if I'm just too tired to think...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    @kk127 fixed Tsuttsun's page

3. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Added heights on some STU members. More to come soon.

4. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Hi everyone! I just made a post about the possibility of the Wiki getting separated from Stage48 here. I know I'm just a distant lurker right now, but even from far away I'm still concerned about the whole situation and I will do what's possible to help. Migrating means depending on our own money and our technical-savviness, so...yeah, needs to think a lot about and demands effort. By now, I think making a backup of the Wiki48 is essential (like it has been pointed out by @rka, @Puni and @goratnik). Anyone has data from what is already backed up? Anyway, sorry for popping up from nowhere. And thank you everyone, so glad the Wiki is still up for good <3

5. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    I moved Ino Miyabi to Iino Miyabi, according the name in the AKB48 website.

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  7. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I think the wiki shouldn't use the long vowels as it's confusing to people who don't speak Japanese.

For example Mutou Tomu v Muto Tomu. If someone sees the first they're likely to try and pronounce the 'u' at the end to make it like 'mu-to-u' instead of 'mu-to'.

The alternative would be to have the letters with the hyphen over like 'ō' though for me it's not really necessary.

8. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    @OshimaYuko the best way would be to strictly follow Hepburn, as it is the romanization supposed to be used by foreigners (we don't have Japanese passports or anything) - in the version that could actually be written by anyone, that is, limited to latin alphabet, as it is allowed (I honestly have no idea what the code for "ō" is or how is it called in the Unicode table).

So if the reading is むとう とむ, then romanization should be Mutou Tomu.

9. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I agree somewhat, but I still think it would be confusing to people who don't speak Japanese. It also brings up the question of where you should stop, Hepburn has Tokyo/とうきょう as "Tōkyō" which would be romanised in normal letters as Toukyou, but for me that is difficult to read at first as my mind automatically goes for the English pronunciation to begin with.

A good compromise I think would be to have a little part next to the opening line with the "ō" type stuff and then maybe the kana as well. Similar to how it is done on the normal wikipedia, here is an example for someone else called Muto.

Sort of like

"Muto Tomu (武藤十夢[むとう とむ] Mutō Tomu) is a member of AKB48's Team K."

But a bit more polished.

10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  11. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Learn or die.

Seriously. What is the point in pronouncing, if you don't know, how to do this? Wiki should be always correct, not serve confusion stemming from ignorance.

@sscrla A letter with French president, OK, got it :approve:

12. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I agree with you somewhat but still think it will be difficult for new people. Either way the same standard should be held to all of the pages.

But I feel we're just going in circles so I'll stop here lol.

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I think we should use the macron. Readers can either think "long" or ignore it. Here is Oshima Yuko in wikipedia: Ōshima Yūko. I don't think anyone is confused about who she is, macron or not, just as no one is confused by Tōkyō. I like consistency, so whatever we do, we should do it uniformly. I agree with our own OshimaYuko: "the same standard should be held to all of the pages."

Yuko Oshima(大島 優子 Ōshima Yūko ...)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuko_Oshima

P.S. You don't really need unicode. I have an iMac and use the ABC-Extended keyboard. To get a macron, type option-a, which inserts the macron floating in the air, then type the letter you want the macron over to get ā, ō, or Ī. I don't know about my phone, but then I wouldn't edit using my phone anyway. You just have to explore the keyboards and input methods available to you. I have the same characters under Emoji and Symbols.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Macrons are hideous and distracting. I agree everyone interested in idols should learn Japanese but (a) everyone has their own circumstances and (b) everyone has to be a beginner at some point.
    Avoiding '-u' is common practice when transcribing names for a reason, because it's confusing for people not familiar with the language (/yet).

It's very rare to see Mutou Tomu anywhere, Ooshima Yuuko, etc.
    Idol names as pronounced by beginners to Japanese are already cringey enough without thinking Oshima Yuko's O is pronounced like oo in "food". Though Yuuko is fine because it doesn't change much.

I'm definitely 100% against writing out lengthened O's, except maybe in common names like Sato(u) (the reason I have a common name clause is because people are more likely to be familiar with it and the pronunciation). Though Iino Miyabi's double i doesn't distract from the pronunciation or make it look weird so I don't object to it.

15. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
  16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    To clarify, I meant in titles and main text. I do agree the comprehensive spellings should be shown somewhere.

Such as a name section in the infobox showing kanji, hiragana and romaji.

舞木香純
    もうぎかすみ
    Mougi Kasumi

17. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Uhm, hi, first post in here, uhm, is there any chance to update the BNK girls with their new images? Or are we waiting for the official site to upload them? :^^;: Each of their Facebook pages recently updated, and there are plenty of group shots for them. :oops:

18. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    Can anyone add CKG48 to the sidebar? :)

19. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    I updated the setlists/pages for the following:
    • NMB48 Request Hour Setlist Best 235 2016
    • NMB48 Concert 2016 Summer ~Itsu Made Yamamoto Sayaka ni Tayoru no ka?~
    and created the pages for the following:
    • NMB48 Kenkyuusei "Todokanasou de Todoku Mono" Stage
    • NMB48 5th Anniversary Live Concert (this was a really fun concert and I totally recommend watching this if you have time).
    Do let me know if anyone spots any errors so I can correct them :) (Or you can correct them yourself if you can lol)

I also plan to update the setlists/pages for the NMB48 6th Anniversary Live and for Watanabe Miyuki's Graduation Concert over the next week or so, so if by chance anyone is actually planning to update them already, do let me know.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  20. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    @Tenada: I'm wondering why is there this inconsistency:

Also about trivia: they did not perform regularly after the shuffle being applied, but they were subbing in performances afterwards. Example: Ayaka subbed for Mion on 170404; I don't know about other cases, missing quite a few performances. Might have been just this one, so in this case it should be explicitly mentioned.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017