Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you for the clue!! I went in there, and natsu-kun happened to be online so, finally, after months of waiting, I got an account ^^

2. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Can someone please make a page for the 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo...
    I don't know much of the details about it so...

3. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
  4. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Thank you @Puni for the backup.

I wanted to restart a discussion about @Ugokanaide's suggestion of writing more extensive and detailed biographies for each member, replacing or complementing the current trivia section.
    I thought about it while I was editing Urano Kazumi's page. In her case it would definitely benefit her page because she did a lot of AKB-related stuff even after she graduated.
    I also still think it may be a good idea to ask people, even if they're not editors, to write for the members they'd like. Maybe posting in the individual threads for members who don't have an interested writer.

Does anyone want to step forward? I don't mind writing a sample. What I have in mind is something similar to the Hello!Project Wikia member biographies.

5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I added some stuff to Tano Yuka's site already, now that I am finally able to do so. Feel free, however, to post a sample! And I'm sure many people in individual threads will be willing to add some stuff to their oshis sites. I'll ask around in the threads of people I like if they want me to add something.

6. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    I wanna point out that I did not suggest this and I think you tagged the wrong person. But I do agree that the Trivia section looks, usually, either too full and messy or too empty and it kinda feels awkward for those girls. How should we do it?

7. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Oops, I'm sorry. I remember talking with an HKT fan about it so I thought it was you who suggested it.
    I personally prefer the biographies in the Hello!Project Wikia and the Japanese AKPedia so I'd suggest it to be separated chronologically. Kind of like the "History" pages but with small paragraphs instead of bullet points (bullet points aren't bad, though, they'd just need to be organised if we'd go with that). Facts that don't belong to a certain time would remain in the Trivia section.

8. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Shall we put the trivia at the bottom of the page then and add a history part to where the trivia currently is?

EDIT: I gave it a try on Tano Yuuka's wiki (I'll edit it back to its original layout if we feel like not using it). For certain members, we could use headlines for the years (like they do on the Japanese 48pedia), but I think with others this could create a pretty empty History; especially because we already have a lot of important information at "Team History" and their "AKB48 Senbatsu Election" rankings. If I look at 48pedia, they put all of that into the History section.

I mostly put Tano's work outside of AKB48 in there for now, but at the same time I feel it's a bit redundant because the same thing will show up further down for her media appearances. Maybe it's just her because she's one of the less popular members and it might look completely different with someone like Acchan, Takamina, Sasshi, Jurina, etc...

Anyway, tell me what you think of it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  9. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    @bonjourmarlene Thank you for your work!

I like the look of it, but I'm more fond of putting headlines for the years in every member's history. To me, it would look cleaner than repeating every year in every bullet point. The history before entering AKB could be condensed in one "Early Life/Pre Debut" headline.

About the media appearances, I agree with you that it's redundant, but I actually think it could act as a replacement for the current Media Appearances section since it has severe lack of updating in general. For long-running/regular shows we could add a note at the beginning of each year noting that she's appeared regularly in those shows. But this is something I'm not too sure about.

The Trivia section looks out of place, but that's because I'm so used to seeing it on top, lol. It's fine by me as long as there is the History section.

10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Maybe if we add it right below History? I'm not sure. Most websites put the trivia at the bottom of the page, so I gave it a try, but feel free to make suggestions on how to improve the layout.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

11. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I'm sorry, maybe I didn't express myself well. I meant that as a first impression, it seemed out of place because I'm used to seeing it at the top. But ultimately, I prefer it to be at the bottom.
    I was also saying to only move it to the bottom after the member has the History section, but I guess any way is fine, and the more consistency the better.

EDIT: By the way, does any of the foreign group editors want to make a new infobox template? At least for BNK and TPE it would be nice, since their names have alternative writings but the Japanese infobox can't be used.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  12. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Hello, Miru was not co-center for Migi ni Shiteru Ring. Nana was the co-center.

13. lbs48

lbs48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
    Can I have an account, thank you very much, my account seinelbs48@gmail.com

14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    @PetalidiStelle I added years now and I have to agree it looks a lot nicer, even if some years are blank (I simply didn't add a header in that case).

15. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    @bonjourmarlene Nice, thank you! It looks great, in my opinion.
    I'll possibly start writing some as well, soon.

EDIT: This may be my own personal preference, but I'd rather take off the bullet points and make everything simple paragraphs. What do you think?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Kuramochi Asuka doesn't have her name in Kanji (倉持明日香) in the box on the right under her picture. Actually, the whole name section is missing.

http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Kuramochi_Asuka

OK. I just figured it out. Only current members have the new style page; graduated members have the old style page, but Mocchi doesn't even have her Kanji name above her picture. Compare with Acchan and Yuko, who both have their Kanji names above their pictures.

Kuramochi Asuka
    Mocchi (もっち)

Maeda Atsuko (前田敦子)
    Acchan (あっちゃん)

Oshima Yuko (大島優子)
    Yuuko (ゆうこ), Korisu (コリス)

17. PetalidiStelle

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    @sscrla Thank you, it's corrected now. The problem was that the code was done for the new infobox but the template was still the old one. It's got the new infobox now.
    Eventually graduates will get the new infobox, but the change is being done slowly and with priority to the current members.

18. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Please someone update the new profile photos and new teams ...

19. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Hi all, thanks for the quick turnaround on the new teams and profiles!

Might I make a small suggestion for their team history though? Instead of saying they transferred at the 12th Anniversary, should we say they transferred today?

For the longest time I didn't think much of it, but if the profiles/new teams on the site have only been updated today, should we follow when the transfer comes into affect, or when the transfers were first announced? We could still rerference the 12th Anniversary if we'd like.

As an example reference - NMB's shuffle was announced on October 18, 2016, but didn't come into affect till 1st January 2017 and written as such in the same fashion (see Yoshida Akari as an example); also, not to constantly reference our Japanese counterpart, but for Jabaja they have them down as their old teams currently pre-shuffle.

I don't mind which version we do i.e. either at time of announcement or time of actual transfer, so long as everyone is on the same page about it!

20. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

STU members got new profile pictures too and those need to be updated as well. BTW I would be happy to help with it if more hands are needed but I'm not entirely sure who to contact to make a wiki account anymore.