Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If you think that's weird check these out:
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Taniguchi_Megu
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Yaguchi_Moka

Most Kanji have multiple readings*, the only way to know which one is intended for a given name is to be told (either by the person or by written furigana/hiragana). The latter are just as much a part of the name as the Kanji themselves, i.e. I'm pretty sure they'd be on the birth certificate. We do need to find them out from official sources, like the official profiles or guidebooks, or right now the election profiles, but they aren't going to just randomly change on a whim. Changing the hiragana reading would be like changing their name. Changing the romaji spelling isn't nearly as serious (for them).

* And then you have girls like Yuiri, the reading of whose given name doesn't match the readings of its kanji at all.

2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    So, I changed "Birthplace" in the Infobox3 template to "Hometown", because that's closer to what "出身地" on the official profiles actually means, and there've been some minor edit wars over girls whose birthplace is different from where they grew up (their 出身地). It still accepts either birthplace or hometown variables, with a preference for the latter.

I mostly did this just to check to see if it would work, but before I revert it I wanted to check with other editors/users and see what you all think.

edit: Figured out how to hide empty fields (you don't want to know), so now there are both hometown and birthplace fields. Right now only Okada Nana has both.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  3. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Maybe I should ask you who write here to be more careful and check all data first. My check of Revival Concert 2011 have now come to disc 6, SKE Team E and Pajama Drive. They were performing it during this time and maybe someone have taken that setlist and put in Wiki. But there was a changing, Yamada Erika was replaced by Uchiyama Mikoto in the concert. Maybe I will discover more faults when I'm ready later this year so we can take it's all then.

But. In the Concert list Revival Concert only have the title: Minogashita Kimitachi e ~AKB48 Group Zenkouen~ Those who seeks for Revival concert might have trouble to find it. Both names in the list?

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @gotbild It might make sense to add Revival Concert to the titles of those, since that does seem to be part of the title, even if the Japanese wiki doesn't include it in the page titles:
    http://48pedia.org/「見逃した君たちへ2」~AKB48グループ全公演~
    http://48pedia.org/「見逃した君たちへ」~AKB48グループ全公演~

Neither Amazon nor that wiki refer to them as "Revival Concerts", but it is probably how most English-speaking fans would know them (since it's the only English on the covers).

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Although Tano Yuuka had her grad stage last month it would appear that she's still an active member of AKB48 as she attended the 2-shot and HS events in Osaka this weekend (confirmed by the schedule on the King Records site and by her own Instagram photos). Therefore should her wiki page have "was a member" changed back to "is a member"? Her profile page on the AKB48 official website appears to be still active (https://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/detail.php?mid=74). I've tried to search through the Official Blog for any message about the last dates when people can send her emails etc but I can't find anything.

I appreciate though that this is all very confusing and it's not the first time by any means that this sort of confusion has occurred with a graduating member!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @David61 Tano is apparently going to continue attending events through to the last Jabaja handshake on August 12 (although some of her slots have been moved):
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12375256775.html

I'm not sure how this situation is normally handled, but I agree it's misleading to say she "was" a member.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know if this is a unique situation, but she graduated with the old Team K. She's not part of the current Team K and never was so it's true she was a member of Team K but she's still somewhat a member of AKB48. Maybe it's the choice of wording on our wiki but technically it's correct

8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Is there a similar situation with Nattsun? She had a 'pre-grad' stage though, but was that a graduation from the old Team B, i.e. not one from AKB48? She's still shown on the Team B page on the official website, as indeed Tano is still shown on the Team K one. Anyway I don't really have a major problem if Tano's wiki page says that she was a member of Team K, but I do think the wording in her profile which says "Graduated May, 2018" should be removed for the time being.

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I definitely see where you're coming from, but then I'm wondering what other date we should put there... 'cause she had her graduation performance. We can remove it for now, but I don't necessarily agree with putting August as the time of her graduation, and if we later put May there then we'd go back in circles and theoretically put wrong information there if we agree on Tano not graduating in May.

I don't follow Kojima Natsuki but I was under the impression that she had graduated as well? If the Team B Senshuuraku wasn't her graduation, then when is it?

10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I don't follow Nattsun either but on her thread there's a link posted by @Kuura (https://akb.48lover.com/log/50646) which would suggest that she'd like to graduate after the HS event on 8/12. This does seem to me to put her in a near-identical situation with Tano and therefore IMO the wiki pages for both members should have very similar wording regarding their current statuses. I don't think it's all that important as to exactly what's said for Tano but I do think it should be made clear that she hasn't yet had her final activity as a member of AKB48.

EDIT: I've just remembered that I was involved some time ago in a somewhat similar sort of discussion regarding Wasamin's last activity date: http://www.stage48.net/forum/index....nization-discussion.2539/page-99#post-1265248

So yes it's all very confusing and unclear.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Well, then it's only for someone to change the text. :) Btw, it seems that the first link above leads to a page with an error. The 2nd Revival Concert was performed in 2013, not 2012.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  13. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @wlerin Yes, I mixed it up. Maybe it would be better if we got the titles in English too.

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Currently, all the concert names in the concert list and on their pages are direct, almost slavish translations or transliterations of the Japanese, so in that sense adding "Revival Concert" to the title would break the pattern. Likewise translating "Minogashita Kimitachi e" to "To You Who Missed" (even though this is literally on the cover) would also break the pattern. I don't think it's the right thing to do at this moment.

All three do have a box at the bottom now that links to the next and previous, so once you find one finding the rest is easier.

Do you have a source for this btw? Watching the DVD? A booklet that came with it? I can't find any info, though 48pedia agrees with you.

15. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

How many members in Skirt Hirari on A1 2nd Unit ? ._. Can you tell me who are they ? ._.
    How many line up on A1 2nd Unit ? ._.

16. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Maybe you are right there but it should also be easy to navigate in the Wiki.
    Yes, there is a booklet included in the package with pics and names. The note about Yamada Erika is what I think but Ushiyama Mikoto really is there.

@Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48 When I'm ready with all updates I will present the data here in some way. I use Word and maybe I can upload the document on my website for anybody to download. But so far I'm only on disc 7 out of 19. :)

17. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

@gotbild Please make the rests data on A1 pages completely. We just need those data only. ._.

18. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48 But A1 is on disc #19. ;) As I can see there is a lot of data missing on the Wiki side but you might have data that isn't displayed? I'm now in my vacation house and can't do so much in this case. Let's see next week.

19. JurinaNakagawa

JurinaNakagawa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Excuse me, how to get an Wiki48 account? I've tried to reach one of the admins but there's no response...

Thank you, anyway =)

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Minogashita Kimitachi e
    Minogashita Kimitachi e 2
    Skirt Hirari / Itano Tomomi, Oshima Yuko, Kojima Haruna, Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko