1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    MM is also closer to the actual pronunciation, but neither is quite right.

The main (only?) differences between the two versions are aa vs. ā, ee vs. ē, and mm/mb/mp vs. nm/nb/np. Both use ō for oo and ou, and ū for uu, leaving ei and ii alone (at least in native words). I was trying to find some consistency in the wiki, but the contrastive pairs are quite rare. Only examples I could find were the two Hommas and Kawagoe Saaya.

2. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I also believe we should go with Homma because that's also used on her social media and on NGT's merch. Saves a lot of confusion, since with this number of members it's easily possible there would be a Honma Hinata AND a Homma Hinata.

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I agree, but... I think that's already been settled (for years). The question I was just asking is which do we want to use in the pronunciation guide on the side of the page. It's not just about mm/nm but also e.g. whether to use aa or ā in that guide. After more consideration, I think it would be less confusing for everyone to stick to Traditional for both, and just drop the macrons (for ō and ū) from the page titles/in-text names like we've been doing.

Seems extremely unlikely, since at least in their mind those are the exact same thing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  5. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I appreciate your efforts and I personally wouldn't mind having lyrics of foreign groups on the wiki. However, I think you should get someone to proofread the English translations. I don't mean to be rude, so I'm sorry to say this, but your English has got quite a few grammar mistakes and having improper grammar on the wiki makes it less professional

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    There are two nicknames, there can be two romaji guides.

You're doing readers a disservice by not including the Honma anywhere on the page. As 1) it's at least two thirds as popular a romanisation as the antiquated version management decided to use, 2) it teaches people how to write her name in Japanese and 3) since っま is a thing.

That's ignoring the fact that "mm" will make people who speak Japanese AND people who don't mispronounce her name far more than "nm" does, but that's on management.

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Revised English lyrics; posting them here first because I don't speak Indonesian and I want to get approval first to ensure nothing got lost. I also used the Japanese to English translations a bit to help myself out, plus Google Translate

[HIDE]

Verse 1:

From every window, I'm staring at the blue... moon. Talking to you on the phone, telling you everything... Although it seems same, the scenery feels different. Although I've noticed before, I don't want to touch it... (the sky/anymore)...

Because you are always beside me. If I separate from you, I don't want it, can't even imagine it...

Chorus 1:

Most of my memories are with you, laughter, tears, even quarrels. In the past, we told each other our dreams... time... Most of my memories are our footsteps, our steps, our run, and we are still. In the past we came here when we felt lost. It's time... to separate... buddy...

Verse 2:

When I open the curtain, like a... sign. From the side, the sun comes silently into the room and... illuminates. The inevitable future had approached us and I... didn't even notice. Even this precious day will be the past, why?

Because myself wants... to say for the last time that hear my gratitude...

Chorus 2:

For me right now, I want to run to approach you. While embracing you, I want to cry because on the day you decided to leave, I'm staying here. If I could, I would be lamenting in front of you. I felt scared taking the first step. I thought you were going to stop me, but I... no problem... buddy

Chorus 3:

Most of my memories are with you, laughter, tears, even quarrels. In the past, we told each other our dreams... time... I believe our memories will be a beautiful sunset which always illuminate these footsteps. Your face and your sound is like my way guide anywhere I go... See you later... buddy...
    [/HIDE]

By the way, it is supposed to say "Disclaimer: The lyrics belong to JKT48 and AKB48 Group. Not for commercial use". Not "The lyrics is belong" (and you left the 'use' at the end). I know I can edit it myself, and I have, but to let you know for future reference.

It's also called chorus in English, not reff (refrain?).

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Refrain vs chorus. There are many results from a google search. Wikipedia gives this example:

"A refrain is a repetitive phrase or phrases that serve the function of a chorus lyrically, but are not in a separate section or long enough to be a chorus. For example, refrains are found in The Beatles' "She Loves You" ("yeah, yeah, yeah")"

A refrain is, "a repeated line or musical phrase that ties a song together...A refrain is only a phrase, or a word, while a chorus contains many more words."

From another source:

"According to Ken Stephenson in his What to Listen for in Rock: A Stylistic Analysis, a chorus is a complete section of a song that is repeated, where a refrain is a line or two (often at the end of each verse or the beginning of each chorus) that return throughout the song but don't constitute a separate formal division on their own."

P.S. I don't know music, but I do know google.

9. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Just a question. I've newly bought a couple of Request Hour DVD-boxes, 2012-2016, and are now making fully set lists with all members. The set list here on wiki is only basic. It's a huge job so I understand why it's not been done before and all 3 sources I use are partly incomplete and have minor errors. But I like such jobs. Now I wonder if I should post the set lists here for someone to might update the wiki? I'm soon finished with 2012, sister groups are missing, but i'm not sure about the interest here. It's some kind of history now. :D I don't have the knowledge to do it.

10. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    What is it with the nicknames of BNK members in the title pages? Why isn't it just the name like everyone else?

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As we have learned, nicknames have a lot more meaning in Thai, it seems. They're given to kids at birth and aren't developed out of your real name necessarily.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Nobody have forbidden me to post my Set list from RH 2012 so I do it. :D If someone like to use it and update the Wiki you are welcome. Some explanations. I often use time notes as you can see. If there is many members performing in a song I use an asterisk(*) like (Senbatsu*), and in those case the members are listed at the bottom. If something in the list is within brackets it means that it was shown in the concert but not on the DVD. I don't know if and how I can upload the list here so you get a link. It's a Word document converted into html so there is a lot of space. Edit: I've not listed sister group members, I'm not familiar with those girls.
    http://gotbild.se/filer/RH2012.html

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  13. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Here ya go: Why do Thai people have nicknames? (Link)
    Thai people are given 2 first names at birth - a 'real name' and a 'nickname'.

However, nickname isn't the right word for it, the Thai word 'Cheu Len' translates to 'Play Name', but the closest concept to it in English is nickname. Thai nicknames aren't really like nicknames or stage names in other country. Everyone in Thailand has a nickname from birth, not just celebrities or performers. Everyone. The nicknames are usually not related to their real names & are often very random words (e.g. Golf, Cat, Nokia, Benz, Mike, Spam, Japan). These nicknames are the main identifier of a person's identity through most of their life (from birth to death), not their real names. For example, if you ask someone if they know Music, they would say "Do you know Music?", they would rarely (if ever) say "Do you know Praewa (her real name)?" No one would use their real names in conversations, not even her parents. Everyone uses the nicknames - teachers, bosses, colleagues, clients, customers, friends, etc.

The main time a real name is used is for written official documentation, e.g. medical records, government records, etc. But even then, once doctors or government official discovers your nickname, they will change to calling you (in person) by the nickname instead, regardless of how close you are. Usually, one of the first question you ask someone when meeting them for the first time is what is their nicknames. This is more important than knowing their real name, which most people do not know. It's not rude to call someone by their real name, but just uncommon. It would be seen as overly formal & slightly comedic (especially by close friends), similar to calling someone by the complete full name in English (e.g. "Hello Praewa" would have the same effect as "Hello Taylor Allison Swift" - it's not rude, but just usually out of place and used for comedic effect). Sometimes a person will use a real name to signify that it’s a very serious situation or that they’re a very serious person (e.g. Cherprang, Jennis, the Prime Minister), but it’s quite uncommon (e.g. a person who insist others call them Alexander or Elizabeth instead of Alex or Liz) and somewhat rare, especially face to face.

Therefore, given that the nicknames are what the girls go by in their daily & professional life, and what the management (BNK Office, as well as AKS) & fans identify them as, it's better to use that as part of their identifier, rather than their real names which few people know (including many of the girls themselves - e.g. in one of the interviews, there was a 'How well do you know your friends?' segment where they ask each others' real names, thus illustrating how obscure it can be to the point of it becoming a trivia question.)

It's me! I'm guilty! I did it as "<firstname> '<nickname>' <lastname>" initially but realized "<firstname> <lastname> (<nickname>)" was easier to search in case anyone was looking for a specific name (since they can just look at the end of the name). Sorry for the trouble! I thought you would be able to see who did the edit (i.e. me) & let me know directly if anything was up. I'm pretty new to editing the Wiki so I tried to clean it up as best as I can by going through as many links as I can find (charts, songs, albums, shows, etc.), and didn't know if there was anything else left to do. If there's anything left, please message me directly and I'd be more than happy to take care of them. And yes, I'm done - won't be moving them again anytime soon. Thanks for your work!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Should we add the (academic, religion, etc) title for members in Infobox template ? Or should I create a new template for this ?
    Please notes that some members have their academic title eg.: ...Yuvia S.E., Melody... S.P., Sendy... S.Kom., etc.

15. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Haha, thanks for sparing me a thought! In any case though, did you take care of all the remaining redirects already? If so, thanks a lot! If not, please let me know what's left and I'd happily take care of them (I might need to message you directly though for instructions because I'm not super familiar with Mediawiki). Thanks again!

16. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    For me, no need

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think it’s better for that information to be in their “trivia” section.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    It's better to just write them in trivia section as "They graduated from....." while for religion I don't think it's really necessary to add them since (cmiiw) only two countries out of all 48G home that seems to care about member religion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Can I suggest the STU48 units to be added to the Wiki pages as they seem to be functioning almost like regular teams

20. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I've been keeping the staff with the group myself in my notes, in a separate section ("team"), so this sounds OK.