Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

Re: Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion (Member Page Added)

How many pictures per member page do you suggest?

2. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^
    ^Ahh sorry >_<

I guess putting two pictures per AKBINGO! would take up too much space. I should at least re-size or lower the quality of the images first. I might end up just changing the layout and use a few pictures only for the segment pages, and leave the old episodes without images.

Do we know how much space there is in total?

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

There's plenty of server space, I'm more worried about load times, data transfer amounts and the size of the backup etc.

Just keep in mind this is a reference tool, not like a replacement image board or anything. Member pictures only need to be big enough to be seen on their page in the corner, they don't need massive wallpaper sized things or anything.

4. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i'll work in replacing some of the huge covers for small versions like some of the pages have already then.

tell us when you can udpate the wiki btw ^^

5. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Alright then. Sorry. :/

6. ET920

ET920 Member

Please, use categories, they are the best way to discover new articles for casual users.

7. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

[[Category]] <---- like this stuff?

Edit:
    Finished Team KII

Akaeda Ririna (Done)
    Furukawa Airi (Done)
    Iguchi Shiori (Done)
    Ishida Anna (Done)
    Kato Tomoko (Done)
    Kito Momona (Done)
    Matsumoto Rina (Done)
    Mukaida Manatsu (Done)
    Ogiso Shiori (Done)
    Saito Makiko (Done)
    Sato Mieko (Done)
    Sato Seira (Done)
    Takayanagi Akane (Done)
    Uchiyama Mikoto (Done)
    Yamada Reika (Done)
    Wakabayashi Tomoka (Done)
    Maeda Eiko (Done)
    Ichihara Yuri (Done)

8. ET920

ET920 Member

Yes, but everywhere. Some categories that could be added... for albums and singles, "album" (with "stage album" as child category), "single", "song", "2010 in music", "oricon number one", "rerelease", etc. For teams and members, "team k" ("team k member" as child category), "kenkyuusei", "former team a member" (with "graduated member" children of "former ..." and "team x member" categories), "captain", etc. For appearances, "akbingo", "shuukan akb", "participation" (if you are going to create articles about appearances as guests), etc. As long as the categories aren't redundant within the article (don't put "team k" and "team k member", for example) just add categories that will answer guests' questions with a click. For example, if a guest is in the Takamina article and reads that she is the captain, a question could be "who are the other captains?" A category "captain" could give immediate access to the members who are currently captains, probably a category with the former captains, and the article about what captain means. If the guest is reading an article about Shuukan AKB, a category would give him access to all the episodes, the Shukan AKB article, the specials, etc.

Just some thoughts about how to make the wiki more newbie friendly.

9. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

you can always do that yourself if you want.

10. AnOriginalName

AnOriginalName Kenkyuusei

Hey guys, sorry I haven't touched it in ages...lol, life.

AikyiTaizne, the AKBINGO pages and episode pages look absolutely amazing! I adore what you've done with them! And the linking to the next episodes and whatnot... <3

With the stage song unit pages...I think the pictures should be up at the top like I set it out in the original formatting, because of the way the page is now spread out, it would mean you have to scroll down to find the pictures, and I know you don't have to scroll down much, but I think it should be the first things that should be seen cause costumes and stuff make it easier to identify the song and It makes the page look better on first impression. Nice find with the higher quality pics btw.

Hmmm with the Mendol and Majisuka pages... how do we want to set it out? I can do a table similar to the AKBINGO table but with just 'Episode Name' 'Airdate' and 'rating' with no summary.
    Do we want to do episode recaps? Like full spoiler ones that we link to?
    And with the summary for the shows, should we use the standard ones that are used in the DramaWiki, Dramacrazy and all that?
    Should we also put in the correlation charts that they have?
    As far as Majisuka goes....who do we credit? I mean... we'll put in the obvious ones like 'Rappappa','Team Hormone' 'Yabakune' 'Majisuka Girls' 'Main Characters' 'Other Characters' ..but should we also put in a list of all the girls in the graduation scene? (The Jap wiki lists them all...I think)

11. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Has any thought been given to lyrics and translations being included on singles/songs pages? There has been lots of great posts in the forums on lyrics and translations, and having those accessible would be a great reference.

12. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^I'm thinking if we did that, the main Studio48 (with its nice format) would go to waste though. It should be enough to have a link to the lyrics from the Wiki.

If some people complain that it's out of date or missing some songs, we should just get someone to add those in. (I'm not sure how that works though)

I'm thinking we can just go with something simple. You don't have to provide a summary for each episode since that would essentially be spoiling people. People would likely go to the Wiki for information about the cast, ratings, episode titles etc... Keeping a page similar to the ones in dramawiki should be sufficient, of course you can modifiy it to add in whatever you want.

You don't have to add in stuff that you don't want to. I use to add in the AKB News for each AKBINGO! episode. I recently just gave up on that because of how tiring it is going through those. I also didn't think it was worth re-iterating old news. So basically, just do what you feel should be on the Wiki. We can always make changes later if it becomes necessary.

13. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Since I can't edit it into the main menu I decided to make this thread a global one, next best thing.

Just had a poke around, really good work so far everyone.

14. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

yay thank you <3

btw could you add a wiki link to the upper part of the forum? i mean right below the header in this part: Lyrics • Imageboard • Chat • FAQ • Members • Logout/Login. i think the admin rights are more than enough to edit that if my little knowledge of forum administration is right XD

*wiki related*

i'm working on this page atm so if anyone is bored enough here's plenty of members pages to make: http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKB48_Members

15. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Shouldn't the AKB48 Members page be merged with the Team A, K, B pages?

16. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

the team pages should be actually about the teams and all the story behind them. that's just a general member listing

..or maybe i'm not understanding what you are trying to say? XD

17. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Well I mean that you could just put 1st generation of each team on the team page..

18. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i planed to eventually do that as well but i don't really feel like doing the team pages now with all the old/new team thing.

19. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

:l Sorry guys haven't done any wiki work in awhile, uni started up.
    I'll probably update so member pages bit by bit later.

That page is looking pretty good aakun, but JFC all the new/old teams make it look so confusing @_@

20. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

I updated Moeno Nito's page.