1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't understand why the wiki should match the official website. For example, look at
    http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/

The first entry is
    入山 杏奈
    Anna Iriyama

(see also http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/detail.php?mid=51 )

but the wiki has
    Iriyama Anna (入山杏奈)

Not only do we not put the given name ahead of the family name, but we don't put the extra space between the family name and the given name in Kanji. (Do any publications in Japan put an extra space in the middle of names?)

Now 吕梦莹 is indeed written as Lv MengYing on the official website
    http://www.snh48.com/member_detail.php?sid=10152

but names written in English from Pinyin don't capitalize the second character in the given name. If your name were Albert, you wouldn't write it AlBert, and neither do the Chinese I know (if they are from Taiwan they would use a hypen, e.g., Tsai Ying-wen, and might capitalize the second character of the given name, but SNH is not in Taiwan). Who thinks of 毛泽东 as Mao ZeDong?

If you really want to follow the official website even if they follow non-standard conventions, then you should change the names of all the AKB and sister Japanese groups as well. Now I think it would be silly to use the names on the official website when they don't match normal naming conventions, but I am not in charge.

P.S. How do you pronounce Lv, Love? If the goal is convey the sound of the name, Lv doesn't really do it. Lü seems a better choice to me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Is it possible to use Lü? If so, I think it would be the best choice.

3. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @DaifugoEyes @sscrla @takajuro The problem as I currently see it is the debate of the official pinyin vs. something which would be easier for an English user to pronounce: on the one hand the official site has it as "Lv", which has been pointed out is not very pronounceable for the typical English speaker; the alternative "Lu" would be pronounced more accurately but has brought up some contention amongst the wiki editors. The third option "Lü" is not very helpful on its own, since the wiki's search isn't capable of doing assumptions without a bit of help and "ü" is not a common character on the standard keyboard (an Alt function is needed to type it).

Japanese members cannot really factor into this because their website has tried to adapt to our naming conventions when putting their first name first in the romanised version; furthermore most Japanese articles I've seen have written the entire name as one e.g. 大場美奈 as opposed to 大場 美奈, again saying to me that the website is trying to add a bit of western flair to their site. The SNH site is writing the Pinyin as it appears and not for Western audiences, otherwise it would probably be written "MengYing Lu".

I don't really focus too much on the overseas groups, so I'll leave it up to you and the other editors to decide, but a "catch-all" solution could be to have the page moved to "Lü MengYing" and have redirects of "Lu MengYing" and "Lv MengYing" to that page. Of course it's not a perfect solution, and it opens up the floodgates about how many SNH pages need to be changed to include accents over their vowels, but it could be at least a solution for the Lu/Lv debate :chuffed:

Oh, and @sccrla I can see the benefit of capitalising the second part of the name i.e. Lu MengYing as opposed to Lu Mengying, since it helps a reader identify what character belongs to what part of the name, but also concede like you that it's not commonly done when writing their names in Pinyin :D

4. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  5. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Hey found some mistakes in BEJ48 Team E 2nd stage (units)
    in An ye Jiaobu Sheng the centers are Zheng YiFan and Li Zi
    in Yiqian Ling Yi Ye the center is Li Xiang
    and in Ai de Mofa I think the centers are Liu ShengNan and Su ShanShan (I maybe wrong on this one)

6. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    ¿Why we dont unify the pages of SNH48 song that are covers of AKB48? Actually, is very confused for all, and SNH48G will not use AKB48 songs anymore.

Examples, Itoshisa no defense (SNH48 Song) and Itoshisa no defense .
    We only have to add the title in Mandarin and the Performing Members. The other credits are the same (Writer, composer, etc.) I would make all the change, but I cant delete pages

7. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That's very non-standard of them. I wouldn't think too far into it, to be honest, they probably didn't think about it too much.

10. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Also doesn't help that, in her intro video on NGT's YouTube channel, its spelt the other way :p
    if the video does not show watch the video here
    I remember seeing this debate last year, but I'd say leave it has Honma, and if it bothers people just insert a redirect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ Yeah, the very first video is Honma with N but all following information (profile, SHOWROOM, goods, etc.) is written with M. But I understand if you guys find it's better leave it as it is now.

12. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Fair cop: if the promotional material is showing the spelling as "Homma Hinata" then I don't see why we can't swap it the other way, so that the redirect comes from "Honma Hinata" instead. That's just the problem with "ん", it can be read either way ^_^

It'll take some time to fix the pages she's linked to though

13. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Yeah, I don't understand why they don't use hepburn at once instead of other romanization systems. It's more intuitive.

That's why I'm wondering if the change is worth it tbh. :^^;:

14. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    If it'll mean that it lines up with the official site and how it appears in her promo material I'd prefer to make the change now; "stem the flow" as it were, compared to having to change it later when she's linked to hundreds more pages :p

Consider it a slow transition to "Homma Hinata", and if the site decides to make another change a few years down the line then we'll ignore it :D

15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've found a couple of small issues on the Wiki with 2 HKT48 KKS members.

Firstly, the kanji for Miyazaki Sono appears as 宮崎想乃 on the official site but as 宮﨑想乃 on the Wiki.
    The difference is with the second character which is on the official site but on the Wiki.

Then with Jitoe Nene, on the Wiki there's a space before the iteration mark (々) on the end but none on the official site.

16. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Got it. If there're no major objections then I'll proceed. :)

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Kanjo fixed it, except for this:

first former member of JKT48 who was married and have a child

better: first former member of JKT48 to marry and have a child

or, but not as good,
    first former member of JKT48 who was married and had a child

18. Fina Chairani

Fina Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizuno Airi
  19. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    HOMMA HINATA is how ホ ン マ ヒ ナ タ is romanized for her name. It's not hepburn romanization. You can check in the official site:
    https://ngt48.jp/homma_hinata

[Edit] More examples:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Here's an example of both in one publication

if the video does not show watch the video here

Someone should ask her on Showroom which she prefers.