1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 1st Single [Kurayami] (2018/01/31)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by marioworldakb, Jun 29, 2017.

1. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

First, congrats STU48 for major debut! At least we know what song to vote for RH lol
    However, i really hope the girls can get more exposure before November comes. Either it's theatre, mini regional tour, or their own show, STU definitely needs to get their name out there more so the locals can support them like NGT.

P.S. I was hoping their recording company will be sony or universal... king record, sigh, i guess it's fine

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I think Sasshi and Naachan wouldn't really have a problem in terms of practicing if they actually give them something like SaiMajo. Actually, Sasshi already asking about it twice on ANN directly to Aki-P about why AKB don't get something like SaiMajo. Anyway. what is important isn't the type of song but whether the song itself can be an amazing hit or not. Like KFC, 365, and SaiMajo, that one lucky song can really propel someone or the group itself to the top and we can see that those songs are different from each other. Personally, I like a cool song more than a cute song, but above all that, I want to see this group becoming successful, thus I don't really care about the genre as long as it is amazing.
    Setouchi no Koe is a good song, the problem is that it is Setouchi no Koe, a very regional song, so the appeal isn't universal. The more you're attached to Setouchi, the more you think the song is great. It doesn't mean that type of song can't be a hit, but it will be harder to sell compared to if instead of making it Voice of Setouchi, change it to Voice of Japan (or probably something more subtle). Having said that, STU48 is funded by Setouchi DMO and they might like a more regional approach instead of a more universal one. I do think that as long as the song is a hit, regardless whether it has a more regional flavor or a universal one, it will definitely attract more people to pay attention to Setouchi since the group itself is named after it.
    As for the selection, the logical thing to do is to keep Yumirin as the center. They already invested a lot in her thus it is better for a new group to at least establish their group faces outside of their kennin members. At the very least, I don't think they will remove Yumirin from the front row. The more interesting part for me is whether they will keep the 2 reps from each prefecture or not. Personally, if each of the prefecture want to have a rep, keep it to just 1 member and the rest should be open.

TL;DR: I don't really care about the genre. Just give them an amazing song, a song that people are willing to buy. A song that can stay very long at the iTunes top 100 or other digital charts. FYI, SaiMajo is currently doing better than Fukyouwaon digitally and 365 still charted on Recochoku.

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Awesome. Can't wait to hear new 48g music and I hope they have fun songs.

So we've reached the level of being offended that a group has too much of a push?

Where does it stop :fp:

4. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Frankly, I'm a bit dissapointed that they're prioritizing CD debut over theater. But I also am aware that due to the circumstances, it probably couldn't be helped.
    I wish them all the best and am hyped to know the senbatsu and the song.

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yeah I'm totally offended by it...:rolleyes:.

6. Rurouni

It isn't that they are prioritizing CD debut. I'm sure that they are making the theater as we speak now. Since Nov 1st is still 4 months away, there is a possibility that the theater might be done before the single is out. 4 months is plenty of time to practice for this new single + practicing for a stage.
    ======================
    As for how fast STU48 moving, I guess in the end it is because of the money. If they had the money back then, NGT would probably released their single as fast as Keyaki would.
    ======================
    It seems Naachan will also be at the senbatsu announcement (she wrote about meeting everyone on July 8th).

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    NGT and the 46G are backed by the same record label, the same money. So no, that supposition is incorrect.

8. Rurouni

But that label came way later and probably isn't willing to invest as much money to NGT compared to 46G.

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    The label was there from the start. We just did not hear of it until later.

10. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Lol

Sister group debuted too late = complain
    Sister group debuting soon = complain

I personally am excited about this... as long as it's not a boring ballad.. bring on more 48 songs

11. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Have you seen their schedule? It's packed lol

The most important is handshake event which we can sorta tell by then how popular they gunna be

============================

Anyways here's my wild prediction. Data from Oricon numbers, Japanese wiki for debut performance...

2009 SKE debut single sold: 27,259 (Aichi population: 7,263,000) From group debut performance: 11 months
    2011 NMB debut single sold: 267,810 (Osaka population: 8,860,000) From group debut performance: 7 months
    2013 HKT debut single sold: 286,167 (Fukuoka population: 5,049,000) From group debut performance: 16 months
    2017 NGT debut single sold: 160,271 (Niigata population: 2,365,000) From group debut performance: 15 months

2012 Nogi debut single sold: 211,535 (Tokyo population: 13,000,000) From group debut performance: 1 months
    2016 Keya debut single sold: 390,060 (Same as above) From group debut performance: 5 months

2017 STU debut single sold: ? (Setouchi 7 prefecture population: 14,827,799) From group debut performance: 4 months

Calling it at least 250,000 in total. Hitting 180,000 in first week.

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Kanto BIG REGION! 42mln! Kansai - 20mln. Also Tokyo - capital, so... here is atounf 1/2 of all young people (18-40)

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Compare group's homebase prefecture only not the whole region.

14. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :rolleyes:....Osaka and Kyoto not same, yes! but Tokyo-Saitama-Yokohama-Chiba etc it's more one big citi, not region!

15. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yes, parts of Saitama, Kanagawa and Chiba are like one city with Tokyo, but parts of Tokyo aren't like Tokyo city either.

Also, the population data doesn't include young people, like you said.
    Tokyo>Osaka>Nagoya>Fukuoka>Niigata>>>>Chugoku and Shikoku

More reason to believe they're going to make a soft song to target the older crowd like NGT.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It doesn't have to be UZA, but something like Kimi to Niji to Taiyou would be nice.

17. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I hope the senbatsu isn't restricted to x members from each prefecture... At least 1 per prefecture sure but no more than that should be automatic IMO. Besides, what if there's only 1 member from prefecture A who isn't as popular/talented/ready/whatever compared to the 3rd or 4th member from prefecture B? Limiting possibilities based on prefecture just seems like not a great idea. Trying to be inclusive for each prefecture is fine but strictly limiting is something I hope doesn't happen.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I agree, but maybe that's the only way to have all 7 prefectures happy?
    They are all putting in money and apparently they're already complaining about the group being too Hiroshima-oriented.

19. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Not the same money, though. NGT is backed by Ariola Japan, a sub-label of Sony Music. It gets a different treatment compared to 46 groups. The same as SKE with its fake Avex label.

20. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Please not this guy , beside silent majority and futari seson , tbh his choreography was really not my cup of tea ( i'll say i hate it if i can use a little bit harsh word ) rofl , no offence here lol .

--

Anw cmon harurun i believe now you can make it !