1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 1st Single [Kurayami] (2018/01/31)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by marioworldakb, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Not bad, We barely know the member's faces!
    No hype for the single like we did with HKT and NGt debut.
    Theatre before single works perfect for me

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I knew this shouldn't have been announced so early.

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Personally, I think they can easily do a cd debut in Nov 1st. Probably because there was the initial delay with the theater, they came up with the Nov 1st CD debut. But now they should have an estimate on when the theater will be finished, which probably will be close to the planned Nov 1st CD debut, thus they need to postpone the CD debut to not clash with the boat intro. Since the boat is one of the major thing for STU, they want people to purely focused on the boat instead of the single.
    I do think the early announcement is fine. What I think is not fine is to release the song early but only make it available to buy at a much latter date which thankfully they haven't done.
    Remember that they need to keep people interested and without the theater then announcing a CD debut is probably the next best thing. Look at =LOVE and how fast their CD debut is. Of course the difference is that this is 48G, thus theater is important, but that doesn't mean announcing a CD debut relatively early is something that shouldn't be done, especially if the theater won't be ready until next year.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't get this.
    What does the theatre/boat have to do with the single?

The theatre is for the locals who want to go see the girls, but the single is going to be sold nationwide and will promote the group to a wider audience.

I find it funny that they refuse to give the current teams original stages because they aren't profitable but now the STU theattre seems to be so important.
    Like, lol

This is just another fiasco like the pennant race. Shame.

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I see this as a consequence of NGT's success this year, which didn't depend on their single debut.
    Although in comparison, even after the delay, I still find it too early for STU to debut.

6. dezu

dezu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    dezudabu
    January? Huh, a lot longer than I expected but not too annoying of a wait. Such are the joys of having numerous sister groups means that there's always something coming soon.

Tapatalk を使用して私の F5121 から送信

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i just dont see any correlation needing a boat/theater to launch a debut single. Announcing so early in advance and then ended up delaying for 3 months is kinda messy situation.

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

It seems like a bad strategy to announce the single and senbatsu so early just to push the release date 3 months more. The hype is over already and will only die down even more.

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Not surprised tbh. The tradition of having a theater first then single is there after all.

Also I rather the boat to be safe than a rushed half done project.

And if they pushed back the single for the boat then there is a high chance that the boat plays an important part in it to sell the single.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

10. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I definitely don't want to have them rush the boat/theater but I kinda wish there wasn't a huge gap in between announcement and release. November release was fine in that sense but January is pretty far off. Now if they'd waited to announce the single I'd be a bit more okay but at this point we already know senbatsu but we're still waiting til January anyway... Kinda meh situation but nothing we can do. Hopefully they'll have other activities to keep us interested.

11. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    I'm actually quite happy they delayed it, they really should build traction on STU a bit more before an actual major debut. I imagine they want to build a fanbase through tours and showroom. Even putting them eligible for the elections was kinda off putting. Like I wanna know these members personalities and their specialities, like I wanna know what makes Yumiko centre material.

Like NGT has so many interesting members and thats why they ranked so well this year. I also recongized with Aki-P's newer groups he dropped the double centre concept. I can bet you he is going to change to centre for their debut single suddenly to build suspense into this group (maybe with #2, the girl sandwiched between nana and sasshi) #justiceformerumio #katobobcut

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    <<< HINA CHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!

13. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Their selling point is their boat theater tho, its what draws attention to the group so a debut without it just lessens the hype

14. Sapporo

Sapporo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Delayed!? Booooo

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The single better include a ticket for the boat then, cause it still makes no sense to me.
    People buy CD's because of the music or the HS ticket, not because the group performs wherever.

But maybe a cross-promotion between single and boat can be done.
    Like maybe it'll include some ticket for an inaugural performance on the boat that will go through the 7 prefectures or whatever.

They better make it worth it.

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Or maybe they REALLY need the boat not only to promote, but also for appeal (MV...?)

17. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Probably the song is about the boat LOL?

Some lyrics related such as "set sail" or "bon voyage" or something. Without the boat you know it's kinda awks lmao

18. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    It was way too early for them to have their single debut anyway. The mistake isn't delaying it, the mistake was announcing it so early in the first place. And the boat thing is kind of their whole gimmick, so I think it makes sense to have that in place first.

19. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Hm, what a mess.

As it is, Setouchi gets played in the mall but it always takes me (and I've grown to love the song) a little bit to recognise what it is. They also have a members comment after it plays. It's good they're promoting it locally, but it isn't something that stands out amongst the general noise of a shopping mall either... Here's hoping the single is a hit!

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I think it's just the inevitable result of ambitious planning. Rather glad they are not rushing things.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk