1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single STU48 4th [Mubō na Yume wa Sameru Koto ga nai] (2020/01/29)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Dec 14, 2019.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  2. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    wish this group change name put zaka on it and im sure it will be rocketing in an instant.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ^ Setozaka? Umm...no.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sycamore92

sycamore92 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    田中皓子
    Bokura no Shunkashuutou (the 2nd gen song) totally sounds like a nogi song. So good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 2
  6. darlingmysugar

darlingmysugar Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know are the sales numbers better/worse than the 3rd single’s?

7. Amoz

Amoz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki
    Well you should rather be comparing to 2nd as that sold better.
    This pic is from 2nd day, but if you count that 4th day result you can see it already beat first week of 2nd single (was already the best first day results):
    [​IMG]

8. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I'm happy for the spike in sales. I just wish the main track sounded, you know, like an STU48 song.

That said, the coupling tracks are all fantastic. Definitely some of their best coupling tracks yet.

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  12. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    1st week sales is 287,713
    It started very strong, but post a lot of stream immediatly, and couldn't keep up with SKE48 (thanks to a good 2nd day)
    https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/w/2020-02-10/

Next target would be 300k for 1st week.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Still, doing better than NMB and HKT's last first week sale is a big deal. Good job STU!

And doesn't SKE has way more number of members?

15. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Billboard:

"J-pop girl group STU48's fourth single, "Mubou na yume wa samerukoto ga nai" -- which loosely translates to "reckless dreams never end" -- sold 332,691 copies in its first week to debut at No. 1 on the latest Billboard Japan Hot 100, dated Jan. 27 to Feb. 2.

The group's new single sold more than its previous release and broke its personal sales record, coming in at No. 1 for physical sales this week. However, the relatively new girl group still has room for improvement in the other metrics of the chart's methodology -- No. 11 for look-ups, No. 15 for radio airplay, and No. 16 for Twitter mentions -- and apparently needs a bit more time to expand its reach outside of its core fanbase."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...pan-stu48-hot-100-chart-billie-eilish-bad-guy

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    She would be in Senbatsu if she wasn't on hiatus. And now she leaves anyway

Great song, great atmosphere, great beat and melody, iconic MV, best members chosen.
    Reminds me of Mermaid Festa vol. 1 (Love Live! SIF)
    Let's hope for Yumirin, Fu, Chiho, Koko, Kokoa, MaiQ and Oki Yuka to stay in Senbatsu!:blush:

18. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I like the song, but while watching the MV, I noticed Okada Nana is the only one who has a different hair color. It looks like "Okada Nana and company" which is basically what it is, to the general public anyway. It makes me wonder if there is some management rule forbidding hair dye for their image? Basically I'm wondering, does anyone think this looks odd? Is there a reason for it?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I don't know specifically for STU, but I wouldn't think they're any different from most groups where members need permission to make radical changes to their hair color or style. More senior or popular members seem to be able to change sooner, and someone like Naachan can probably do whatever she likes without asking now. She has mentioned fretting about her hair making her stand out inappropriately recently, so it is something she thinks about. I know for certain videos members have been asked to temporarily dye their hair back to black, but apparently that wasn't considered necessary here.

As for the MV, Naachan stands out but I don't think she comes off as the center or lead personality of the group. Like Kinoshita Momoka having short blond or white hair in NMB MVs - you wouldn't think she's the head of the group. Not being captain I think her role in STU might fade more, which makes me a bit sad, though I wouldn't mind Michu taking her place at #4

• Like Like x 4
  20. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    We shouldn't forget that Naachan isn't bound to the rules of STU but to the rules of AKB. There is more Naachan can do/does that STU member can't, like swimsuit gravure for example.
    Will Naachan's role fade? I don't think so. Not as long as Naachan is the most popular member for the single buyer demographic. Letting her role fade would be like slaying the golden egg laying goose.
    having Naachan around means more publicity and that translates to more sales and side jobs (for other members), now that she isn't captain anymore there is even a possibility they put her in the center postition for a few more b-side songs (if ever offered the center for a A side of a STU single I have no doubts she will refuse, but then again I am sure Yumirin (and any other STU member to) would happily give her center position to Naachan).

• Agree Agree x 3