STU48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by nakotteiijan, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    @trxsh I think that the article meant rather that they'll just be touring through the prefectures using their floating theater, not that they'll be actually performing while moving. Sorry if the initial phrasing was a bit awkward.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I really think the main idea was to reach into markets which werent that accessible. Chuugoku and Shigoku were the two regions with the least coverage of 48 groups (we had that discussion before when NGT48 was formed). On the other hands there arent really candidate cities to support a fully fledged idol group. Hiroshima and Okoyama perhaps, but Shigoku is considerably less populated.

With STU48, there is only Hokkaido and Toukoku left (with the letter at least partly covered by NGT). I wonder why they couldnt established SPR48.

The idea to move around the theater between several cities is actually brilliant. My concern is that hiring a ship and crew should be really expensive, and this group might have it harder to break even.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing is that they know people are waiting for SPR at any moment now.
    Heck, in the video they showed it with !! before turning it into a ? lol
    I guess they're still looking for investors and whatnot? It's a pretty remote area after all.

As for STU and how it will work, I don't get the chain of thought of some people thinking they'll be living on the boat?
    That's just so impractical and boring. You'll have girls graduating in a week.

I know the video showed a huge ship with the show inside, but there is no freaking way such a ship is going to cruise in an inland sea and visiting such small cities. THAT'S a waste of money. That kind of ship is for going around the world type of cruise.
    You should know management by now, they're all about the hype lol

What I imagine is that they'll use an already existing boat (or buy their own) for the staff to go from city to city and the stage itself latched to the boat and being carried around. In every city they'll set up the stage and perform (I imagine they'll stay something like a fortnight in every place) and then on to the next.
    Something like this:
    StarlightBandsAtRiverWestAmpitheaterByKendall Griffith_850.jpg

As for the girls, I think they'll need a huge first gen to make it practical.
    It's a long way from Yamaguchi to Hyogo, for example. A Hyogo girl might be able to go down to Yamaguchi for a weekend performance, but during the week it might be better to just get the girls from Hiroshima and Okayama, which are much closer.
    Same with the Ehime, Kagawa and Tokushima trio, since they're basically on the same "island".
    If it works for Team 8, I don't see why it won't work for STU.

So I wouldn't be surprised if they went all "We're getting seven girls from each of the seven prefectures" and started it off with 42 girls.
    I just hope the Team 8 girls from those prefectures make special appearances or something (Yamada in Hyogo, Riona in Tokushima and so on).

The only thing that bothers me from this is that we're in for the 782nd revival of Party ga Hajimaru yo and I'm already triggered.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  4. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Considering NPB (Nippon Professional Baseball) in 2016, Hiroshima Carp in Central League and Hokkaido Fighters in Pacific League, both of which are the winners of each league, have attracted almost same number of audience, and that's more than average. Of course that strongly depends on the popularity of the team, but at least there's an ability to attract audience if the content is good. So the location should be the secondary problem.

http://npb.jp/statistics/2016/attendance.html

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I don't think SPR is ever going to happen. It is a remote area, and wotas who want to support the girls there would have a hell of a trip getting there. There probably are not enough locals to sustain the theater. Imagine, empty seats every day in SPR theater. How disheartening that would be for the girls! And the wotas who made a point to travel there often, wouldn't AKS rather they spend their money on more goods and singles rather than transport fees? I thought the one concert they did there in 2013(?) was to scout out the area and considering they didn't manage to sell it out, I have no doubts that SPR was trashcanned.

SPR is not going to happen unless some investor gives AKS a boatload of cash for free. And even then...still probably not.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, there is a difference between a dome of over 50k seats and a theatre for 200 people. :^^;:
    Plus, they didn't sell a couple of dates in Tokyo Dome as well. That tour was simply nuts in terms of dates and venues.

Still, Sapporo (city) has almost 2 million inhabitants, which is more than double that of Niigata.
    Sure, Niigata is in Honshu and it's probably visited by more people than Sapporo cause it's easier to get there, but that doesn't mean the locals wouldn't be enough to hold the fort.

If wotas from other parts of Japan want to support them they just have to buy AKB singles and apply for their HS. They'd be flown over to attend those anyway. :XD:

Ohwell, with NGT about to debut and STU coming in next summer I doubt we'll have news of another SG in Japan before 2019, so... :lol:

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    @geloboi0830 wrote "STUVWXYZ48"
    or as Big Bird would say, "ab-ca-def-gi-jeckle-mi-nop-kwer-stoov-wix-iz48"

8. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I dont know about Sapporo. The 2010 Zenkoku tour disc includes the Sapporo stop and i remembered how totally wild and enthusiastic the crowd was up there.
    I just google sapporo idols, seems like they do have a vital idol scene in hokkaido:
    http://pureidolheart.net/2016/05/aifesu-vol-2-idol-spirit-in-hokkaido-day-one/

I am always thinking if Niigata can sustain NGT (+ its existing idol groups), Sapporo should as well. Its Japans 4th biggest city after all, whereas Niigata is pretty much the other side of the moon. But its most likely as Silenka said, the lack of local sponsors.

9. alabare

alabare Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Personally I think this is a good concept, if it works in this small area, maybe they will be able to expand it. Like some groups has a touring group, maybe this is a spring board to that.

That way you have a group made up of girls who are used to travel and perform, and if AKB wants to do a live somewhere further, they can throw in some of the Top girls from AKB or one of the sister groups and still be able to field a full team on a overseas tour lets say without the need of losing a full team from one of the groups '

If you select the group well you can also use this as your training team, where if they start a new Stage have this group learn it than they can go help some of the overseas sister groups as Senpai/Trainers performing at their sister groups' theater for some hype as well.

Hopefully this will go well and maybe we can see touring groups in Asia, Europe and dare I say in the States.

One can always hope right [hehe]

10. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I wonder if a senior member will help launch this group. Myao is only 5th gen without her own group. Suzuki mariya is free. Or will we banish Takeuchi miyu to the inland sea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    If there is anyone who will be transferred to STU, it would probably be a 13th gen.

12. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    And who do you think it might be?:)

13. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    Even I think it might be Tano lol.

It like They must open the audition around January.

14. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  15. onego123

onego123 Member

I know that sometimes companies trademark names to keep people from starting up groups using their brand, but I do think it's worth mentioning that SPR48 is trademarked by AKS, and it's the only trademarked group name that hasn't been announced.

16. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Sapporo48?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

There was obviously a plan for SPR several years ago when they trademarked it. But obviously it didnt went through, probably due to lack of local sponsor which are the main investors in 48G since AKS isnt investing alot themselves.

18. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Darn it, every time I look at the title of this group I just see "STFU48". [hehe]

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

20. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Hopefully AKB announces a 2nd selection for 16th gen. Don't want Yahagi Moeka to end up as a member of STU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.