1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

STU48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by nakotteiijan, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

2. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    I hope Moeka will audition to STU... And Otoshima Risa too.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If she wants to be part of the 48 group as bad as Ogino Yuka, she might audition for this as well.

Moeka was 29, right? The already super idol? Maybe that's why AkiP didn't like her, too perfect and nothing to add lol

Still, if she auditions for STU and gets to be their ace she can get more out of that than being in AKB (Nakai Rika anyone?).

ANYWAY,

Hiroshima makes sense as their HQ since it's the biggest city, but it seems the floating theatre idea is still going, so

4. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I meant that please don't expect so much.
    You know the center girl of Baito AKB, right? She said she would join in NGT48 audition, but she's nowhere to be seen now. :gavel:

One girl from SKE 8th gen candidates left SKE for STU. I hope she can pass. :)

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Maybe she thought better and decided not to. She's from Tokyo after all.
    Plus, she's now 19.

If the group is supposed to debut this summer, I guess we'll see the 1st gen by the time the SSK takes place.

6. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I've got some questions regarding the "Stage48" description. Or probably I'm wrong.

Check this out:
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/STU48

"STU48 (short for Setouchi48) is a projected Japanese Idol Group and the 5th sister group of AKB48, planned to debut in 2017"

As far as I know should be the 6th Sister Group of AKB48. If they're really suppose to be the 5th sister group of AKB48, then what of NGT48 now?

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    This really goes in the wiki thread, not here, but since you brought it up, they are the 5th sister group in Japan.

Here is the left side of the wiki
    • AKB48
    • SKE48
    • NMB48
    • HKT48
    • NGT48
    • STU48
    P.S. We prefer not to talk about SNH. :)

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^There's JKT as well

9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    also RIP SDN

SNH is dead to Aki-P now :hehe:

But I guess they're meaning Japanese sister groups, otherwise the group count would completely change with the addition of international SGs.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    My comment was purely inside the country's sister groups, pertaining to SKE48, HKT48, NMB48, NGT48. Not counting the international sister group. So yeah, as much as I'm curious, whether I'm wrong or am I missing something. I'd some some moderators to check out the page or update the info if I'm right.

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Are you counting AKB48 as a sister group?

I see four groups listed in your post, so STU would be number five after NGT.

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Yeah but the overseas sister groups ARE sister groups so they should be counted. That means STU is the 8th sister group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That is not how the wiki uses the terms; they are numbered separately. Can you name these groups? Bonus question: what is the 2nd international sister group of AKB48? Here is what the wiki has:

the 1st sister group of AKB48
    the 1st international sister group of AKB48
    the 2nd sister group of AKB48
    ???
    the 3rd sister group of AKB48
    the 3rd international sister group of AKB48
    the 4th sister group of AKB48
    the 4th international sister group of AKB48
    the 5th sister group of AKB48
    the 5th international sister group of AKB48

That makes 10 sister groups in all if you count the mysterious 2nd international sister group. :)

14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Anywho, what do you guys think their 1st stage will be?? I'm hoping for B3 just because of the song Gokigen Naname na Mermaid lmao but then B3 is so overused.

And idk why but i kinda don't want any transfers to STU. Or atleast not from AKB, but from other SGs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Matsui Hikari

I don't think they'll consider transferring SG members though because SGs can't survive without their relevant members. However, if they don't do transfers or transfers a not-so-relevant SG member, it won't bring hype to the table. Transferring a stable (but not crazy popular) AKB member makes the most sense just like the management did with Kitarie.

To be honest, I think Yuria would fit the role but Yuria might be too precious for the management to give up [hehe] I think Yuria would be really good off in STU because she's really not doing that great in AKB so giving her a STU Captain title might boost her a little. That way, Yuria can be a stable front liner in STU senbatsu, have a chance to enter AKB senbatsu, and given the leadership. Also, Yuria is not really THAT popular to the point where it causes damage to AKB so if she really transferred, it wouldn't have that heavy of an impact but still give STU a kickstart.

16. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Wasn't Yuria transfered to akb48 so she could look for acting work in Tokyo without graduating? I highly doubt she'd move. STU members won't have easy access to any of the really "good" towns for entertainment TV so it won't be good outside of kennin for any of the popular members.

17. Matsui Hikari

If someone has popularity, anything is possible. If they are not, no offers will come even if you sleep with whatever's leader that you're aiming for.

18. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

As someone who lives in Shikoku, I'm pretty hype! The concept is unique. The concept is dumb. I live for it, in all honesty. Shikoku doesn't get a whole lot of anything. So to have this around is pretty cool! Though honestly, I'm not sure how popular it will be. 48G isn't very popular around my area - boy bands have them beat easily. I know my boss would die if Yuihan did some type of guest appearance tho lol

Sapporo probably won't happen. People say Shikoku is too far away from everything, so Sapporo? Nah. I mean, if it happens, cool, but I wouldn't hold your breath. (Also, people keep saying that people are waiting for SPR. Who is? Wota? That's nice and all, but did you think that maybe locals don't want an idol group capitalising their town? It might not just be a funding issue. 48G isn't beloved by all. Of course, maybe they're waiting for the right time or it is just funding. Maybe they just enjoy watching people get irritated about something that is 'surely' going to happen ;p)

I think the boat will move around as they perform. The theatre could have windows (floor to ceiling?) so you can see both idols and ocean. This isn't a traditional theatre, so it doesn't need to be set out like one. Theres no point in being on a boat if it doesn't move. It would clearly go back to wherever it started - people will spend enough travelling to the show and buying merch, but then they need to travel back to the starting point and then home? It's unnecessary, and even though some wotas would do it, its just not practical.

It doesn't make sense that they'll live on the boat either. They'll either get a dorm for the girls or the girls will travel to and from practice like any other group - this is something the girls will think of when they sign up. It makes sense that it'll work like Team 8 and girls who are available/local will get priority for performances in their area.

Well, I'm happy to be proven wrong. I'm looking forward to seeing the next lot of idols and seeing how this all plays out!

19. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Ofcourse they arent living in the boat. Their base will be in Hiroshima as stated aka office, studio, practice rooms, apartments(for those who needs them) will be in Hiroshima.

I think Yuria will rather graduates than being transferred. She was gonna graduate from SKE to come to Tokyo before they offered her AKB transfer.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Watch them transfer Miichan so she can stay for 3 more years or something.

I would love TanoTomu to go there together, tbh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.