1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio STU48 TV Documentary "STU48 inside story - The Tracks of the Birth of an Idol" Eng subs are out!

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by marioworldakb, Dec 24, 2017.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The documentary will start in 10min!!

3. qpet

qpet Future Girls

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

perfect timing for a documentary !!! nice xmas present !!!! :)

5. ET920

ET920 Member

Just finished watching it. I would rename it to "Hiroshima48 inside story" :hmm:

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    eyyyy welcome back

7. ET920

ET920 Member

Hey there, been busy gaming, plus once I ran out of hds I stopped downloading 48G related stuff, this is my first video not counting one of the STU48 concerts, nice to see things didn't change much regarding promotion :awesome:

Best part was Chiho bashing Morishita in a very Japanese way, without finishing her sentence :awesome:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    If you meant the boat yeah

Well she was pretty terrible lol

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Done with watching.
    As usual with 48g documentaries, it's a nice way to introduce people to the group.
    Oh yeah, too much focus on the Hiroshima girls, but it is what it is since it seems it's one of if not the most involved prefecture.

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Most of the screen time is actually split between Yamaguchi and Hiroshima girls actually.

But anyways the full uncut 90min version will be out next month :)

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Maritimes Subs is proud to release this English subtitled version to the world!

Spread more STU love <3

Please leave a comment here after you have done watching, I would love to discuss more about the girls with you all.

12. qpet

qpet Future Girls

first of all thank you
    I dunno if I can watch this again. I'm too salty about the screen time the members I like
    @marioworldakb tell Hinachan she should clean her screen, very dirty

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Don't worry, if everything goes well we should be able to sub the full 90min one later this month.

I have a dirty screen too so its all g :v:

14. Enreik

Enreik Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Thanks Maritime Subs for subbing the documentary, just got done watching it. Kokoa Kai is one of my faves since the auditions/SR. Happy that she was finally able to perform on the tour, and I really like her attitude in that she was envious for the fact that the senbatsu members get to send off the fans more often, and that she wants to have more of that kind of experience. Looking forward to the 90min version.

15. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Thanks so much for subbing it! Up until now I've really only been following STU for my oshi (Cuca) and a passing interest in a few other girls (Kokoa, Maiha, Yui) but watching this really made me feel a love for the group as a whole that I wasn't expecting to feel. I was tearing up at parts despite the fact that my oshi never even gets to talk in it. I can't wait to see what else the group has to offer.

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I could understand most of what was being said in the unsubbed version... but this eng sub definitely filled in some blanks, kudos and gratitude to Maritime subbers. :approve:

Though this doesn't directly relate to comprehension via sub... watching this again and seeing Piyo's professionalism both in rehearsals and stages, reminded me why she's a top-shelf pick of mine again, and not only in STU. Even her four datsurakus prior to STU selection seemed destined to propel her towards the role she was gifted for all along. And like most here... am eagerly awaiting the 15 45 mins more footage in the 90-min long cut <3

EDIT: I don't count numberz much, apparently... last day of holiday guests! :1st:

• Like Like x 1
  17. qpet

qpet Future Girls

@marioworldakb but you're not an idol[hehe]
    I guess I just wait for that extended cut

18. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I like Kokoa's story so much. Told us a bit more about the non-selected girls - even though it was something we all already knew. Also it made me aware again how much I actually root for her.

Also felt really sorry for Maiha.
    Though kinda facepalmed when she couldn't even got the MC right ...

And the question at the end, if Naachan learned to love herself more was a bit heartbreaking. She looked really uncomfortable. But she gracefully avoided a direct answer and made it into another nice "STU girls show me so much love" reply <3

One of my favorite parts is the white broccoli though [hehe]

19. Pado10

Pado10 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I've already seen this documentary soon after this was aired as I've had STU in my attention ever since Naachan announced her kennin ^__^;;. Well, I was basically among those many fans that were watching her showroom while being worried about her secret announcement that day, as told within the documentary xD... And yeah, I'm glad that Naachan was able to re-confirm herself through STU, making fans to worry less about her ~~.

Anyway, about this first "version" of the documentary, it has bit too much focus on Kokoa for me... and those super close-up camera shots to record her tears was simply not nice. I mean, did they really have to show her face pores and dry skin on TV...?

About the release by Maritime subs:
    It's great to see that someone is subbing this for those who need it :D.

Since a "complete" 90min (and most likely a "super complete" 120min) version of this will get released, I haven't checked the actual release file upped at A!O yet (I'm kind of stingy about ratio xd). I've taken a glimpse on the dailymotion stream linked above though, and it looks pretty well done.

Personally, I'd prefer to have honorifics (Nana-san, Sashihara-san) added in the subs as it creates kind of a discrepancy between what one hears and reads (well, this an eternal discussion of preference for subbing Japanese shows, so just ignore this comment if the translator had decided to go without honorifics ^__^;; ).

I'm not against watermarking releases, so please just put your group name displayed small in the upper corner, instead of having it suddenly appear at around ~5:33 and just disappear after ww, I was shocked by that XD (unless that was added just for fun or forgot that it was actually still in the sub script xD).

I got forwarded over here from A!O for comments, so here is my question again: why was the file release encoded in .avi format? I'm simply interested in the decision to release in this format, as the norm these days would probably be a h264/h265 encode in mp4 format so I was kind of surprised to see .avi ^___^;;...

I haven't been able to check out the video quality of the file, but as the file size itself is smaller than the actual 720p h264 raw releases I see floating around, I'm just kind of curious about the video source you've used for your encode... as it would simply be sad to see an English hardsub being released with lower video quality than raws with the same video resolutions.

Anyway, it would be nice if you guys could add the file encode/codec/audio/video source etc. information in the torrent page ^__^.

20. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    lmao that's my fault. We added a boat to ride from right to left, but somehow dailymotion had problems with it, so I edited it out and forgot to remove it. Will be changing this for the full version lol

As for the avi. file; Let me live lol It was the easiest for me tbh mp4 was an ass to me, and then I screwed it. But now I've time to work on it until the full version is out. I haven't done this for years, and we're always for the lookout for people joining us.