TV / Radio STU48 TV Documentary "STU48 inside story - The Tracks of the Birth of an Idol" Eng subs are out!

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by marioworldakb, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Pado10

Pado10 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Haha, okay xD... I just kind of felt a time-slip to more than a decade ago somehow when I saw .avi, that's all :p.

Mp4 is not too hard to work with :). If the conditions are optimal then Handbrake can do the hardsub encode just fine. It's just that Handbrake lacks compatibility if the .ass file uses too "complicated" stuff (handbrake will display some things incorrectly in the hardsub output), so an another encoder needs to be used then :O. I'm not an expert at encoding stuff myself, so I simply use MeGUI for those occasions ~~;;.

2. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I'm using Handbrake for mp4 too. I was thinking about converting my .ass file because I knew it doesn't work with it - it wouldn't be a too big problem for colors and such because it's not really important. But for this documentary there were waaay too many things overlapping a lot of times - text messages from LINE, narrator speaking, captions on screen, etc. - and this only works with .ass files as far as I know ... I mean, I even tried it, double-checking and stuff lol

Doesn't know how to work with other things which are .ass compatible so I switched back to avi and AviRecomp. If we'll be doing other things in the future I'll definitely change back to Handbrake and use simple subs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I have feeling she is like Minegishi for some reason.

Forgot to mention, you should go watch their MVs again. It might give a different experience.

And she is like my kawaii imouto

Kokoa I thought people were just trolling at first wanting a boyish Hiroshima Carps fan kiddo join this group. But little by little she proved me wrong when she passed the the auditions, working hard in her own way on stage and group activities. She has slowly become a dark horse member for me. I'm eager what she will become 2 or 3 years later.

Maiha tho...I didn't even know she struggled thaaat much lol Because in the tour performances we watched in her unit songs, she did pretty well. So it was a good surprise. You never can tell how much these girls practiced and how much pain they are enduring behind those smiles.

Naachan's answer at the end was a very nice touch up for sure. I would tend to think that STU is not STU without Naachan, and Naachan without STU is not Naachan. Their fate is sealed.

My favorite part was...well everyone knows my favorite part already XD But that Yumirin scene almost made me rofl so hard. I'm calling cauliflower "white broccoli" from now on, I dun care.

Thanks for the comments!

About Kokoa taking the most screen time...honestly it could've been any of the Hiroshima members. But probably they were looking at the one who struggled the most and that was Kokoa. And yeah Kokoa needs to learn some cosmetics especially when she knows she is gunna be on TV. But the freshness and regular neighborhood girl image feel really hits the park.

The real content for this one is around 45min and they promote it as an hour. So I guess when they say full 90min then I would presume it would be 15min more footage time which adds up to a total of 60min lol

Yes we talked about this in our group, and we went for dropping the honorifics. But in our draft we still left it in for ourselves to reference.

We tried adding a boat that sails across the screen with our group name. But apparently it got bugged out like May said. Guess its really destiny for STU not having a boat ha...ha...ha >__>

As for the video quality problem, we will try putting up the norm quality I guess for the next release. But are you sure you want see those dry skin of Kokoa in HD? jk

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. Pado10

Pado10 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well yeah, since TBS is being a pain in the *** to release their documentaries in normal, complete and super complete lengths ^__^;;... So it's probably not an issue as long as the final release is fine haha xD.

Unrelated complain: Takenaka-P, the producer of these 48 group TBS documentaries/NMB mahjong show/former andare-P should pay for taking a 2-shot with Naachan's sis when he encountered her at Naachan's seitansai ww *cough*.
    DRa7UkiVQAA8lFp.jpg

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Me too @ both things lol

Nicely said! I'm really happy we got Naachan as Captain. I've always liked her, but bringing her to STU was the best decision they've made. It's amazing to see how she can work around things she lacks. The balloon thing was a nice touch ;)

Please stop lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pado10

Pado10 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I agree with Yumirin though, I'd call it "white broccoli" too if I couldn't come up with the cauliflower name from memory ww.

7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

LOL yeah... Yumi can be so inaka sometimes... but that's why I adore her :blush:

Cauliflower vs. broccoli, though... broccoli all the way. Cauliflower is white bread, nutrition-wise... while broccoli is a proven superfood.

8. Chiarara

Chiarara Kenkyuusei

The biggest thank you to all those who subbed this documentary, thank you so much for your hard work. As someone who has worked with subbing before I know how much work can go into it, which is why I wholeheartedly thank you for making this available.

Regarding the documentary itself, I wasnt particularly familiar with STU, but this documentary was, at least to me, a great first step into knowing the group, which I am now super interested in. Also didnt think I could have an even bigger girl crush on Naachan but oH BOY. I really love her as STU captain, and seeing her think of herself in such a manner made me cry, mostly because I somewhat understand these feelings of feeling inferior. But her resolve and help with the girls was so great.

The STU girls themselves are all adorable, Kokoa was already my STU oshi but this doc made me want to hug her so bad. When she finally got to perform I cried. Yumiko as the big sister of the group was also refreshing (white broccoli lmao) and Im really rooting for the girls now. Just wish I couldve seen more about each one individually, but its understandable due to time restrains.

Once again thank you for subbing this documentary!

9. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Thanks for subbing! I really appreciate that you guys are doing this, since I can only gather so much on my own. :)

I don't have many comments about the documentary itself. I would love to see more new members featured next time, though of course I'm happy with the ones they focused on this time.

The Yamaguchi tour "disaster" was surprising, considering I don't notice those kinds of mistakes or just don't consider them mistakes. I like unique MC mishaps because they're cute/interesting, but maybe others don't see it that way. Maiha is a different story, though... :^^;:

Also much <3 for Captain Naachan~

10. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Thank you for the subs, I'm also looking forward to the full version since it could only talk about so many members in this one.

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Heads up people! 90min documentary is gunna be released tonight 1100jst!!

They will also feature them all the way up to Naachan solo con wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

Hope they also cover the STU solo con too to close the documentary :cute:

https://twitter.com/tbschannel/status/956427733407432706
    DUXp8fjV4AAx4s9.jpg DUXp8LhVAAADcg_.jpg DUXp8wQVoAAp9z5.jpg DUXp9EwVMAIsmih.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I know I'm asking too much from the sub team while not (able to) doing anything to help here but should I expect the 90mins documentary to be subbed? I mean I don't mind waiting for however long it's going to take.

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    One comment to sum this up...I love STU48!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18776123/?from=search&seid=7064696304768211556

Damn that Kokoa scene brought me to tears...the spotlight screen time in the short ver was not wasted at all.

She is the one of the many heroines to root for in this STU narrative.

What a genuinely great kid. I'm sorry for doubting to you when you got accepted to the group. The people who decided to pick you and all these girls in the audition deserves a MVP reward for scouting idols.

With just watching the documentary just now, after examining the difficulty/man power/time schedule we have to juggle with. I say probably 1~2 months.

And if you are wondering about the 7 hour long documentary bonus in the STU singles...I'd say probably another 6 months at least after we are done this 90min full ver.

As I have been promoting/spamming for a while now, we need more people to help out and contribute in this project! More people working on this = faster we can dish out the contents.

So if you know anyone who is interested please help spread the word. Experienced translators/subbers are preferred but also welcoming basically anyone who just want to help out. :)

14. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    finally got around to watching this documentary. didn't know much about this group so it was good learning experience! they had to go through so much hardship to even debut.. nana.. the perfect captain.. hina :cute: so much resolve for a young girl. I need to go watch some more STU stuff :oops: was the 90 min version ever subbed?