[SUBBED] NMB48 Videos Thread

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Smilodon, May 9, 2014.

1. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Thanks for all the hard work on the Geinin! movie. Wasn't really planning on going out of my way to watch it, but glad I did. I was constantly bothered by the distribution of the extras, but I believe I enjoyed it more than the first one.

2. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think the 2nd Geinin movie worked better as a movie than the first one but it kind of overdid it with the storylines. Basically, the 1st one had one really lame story with twists you could see from a mile away but the 2nd had 3 or 4 that they tried juggling.

3. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Yeah, there was a lot going on in this one, but I thought they did a good enough job juggling everything without getting overwhelming. But I'd rather be overwhelmed with storylines than watch another movie with exhausting SayaMilky drama.

The Keicchi/Fuuchan scene was more touching than I expected, plus, I got a pretty good laugh at Nana trying to hide on the roof.

4. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
  5. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

6. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i wonder if people will understand the uenishi megumi self-reference.

so sad

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Doesn't Keicchi talk about that reference in Geinin! or something?

8. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    ^she talks about it all the time :lol: even in the lastest ANN so I'm sure most nmb fan will get that reference.

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    A lot of NMB members have annoying names to read. I remember a few years ago, I'd have to type Yamamoto Aya to get Sayaka's name.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I still do.

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    On Google IME, Yamamoto Sayaka works now.

What's annoying is if you want to type Shuu-chan for example. That's [Hiiragi-chan] and Jo-chan would be [Shiro-chan], Yuuri would be [Yume - Ri]. Even Nana's name is not the common version.

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i always used hiragana for those, 柊ちゃん just looks weird to me

13. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

14. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I hope everyone who complains about Manabukun being boring / lack of subs / lack of members "getting work" cause it's not akbingo watch this.

15. Kogarashi

Kogarashi Kenkyuusei

I humbly receive.

16. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Thank you very much! :D

17. trxsh

trxsh Member

I appreciate the subs very, very much ^^ I only have a passing interest in NMB so don't have the will to brave unsubbed shows yet, lol. Manabu kun is such a great show, are all episodes that great or is it just because it's a special? A baka test, fashion show, makeover, and skydiving all in one was too amazing :shock:
    I was rather indifferent to Nagisa before, maybe leaning towards dislike, but seeing her be so excited to go skydiving really endeared me to her :inlove:

18. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    This is definitely one of the best Manabukun episodes. Only episode really similar would be episode 38, which is the Christmas special from 2013 where there are fashion rankings and Nana is the one jumping out of a plane.

Without subs it's often a difficult show to digest because it's so dialogue heavy, but it's nice to skim through if nothing else, especially if you're interested in the topics they learn about. But there are episodes that don't really need much in the sub department to enjoy. The magic episodes on 82 and 98 (if you're coming around on Nagisa's baka character, definitely watch her on episode 82) and the Universal Studios Japan trip on episodes 101 and 102 are some recent ones that are easy and enjoyable. Plus every episode does have its own challenge segment that are pretty straightforward.

It's not the show I would recommend if you were to brave any unsubbed variety type NMB shows though; I think that goes to NMB48 no Naisho de Genkai Toppa. More traditional in games and VTR stuff, less dialogue to slog through and less reliant on owarai hosts (though Robert are fun). I'd recommend giving episode 14 a shot, where a few girls have to fill out a bingo board by eating food, Ripopo has her appropriately lame dog segment, and the girls offer English instructions to a gaijin.

19. trxsh

trxsh Member

^Noted. Thanks for the recommendations, seriously!

20. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

I think all of the current NMB shows can be a bit hit-or-miss. But I won't complain because there are so many of them so you're bound to find at least find one you like every week. The magic episodes are definitely great ones to watch even without subs. I personally also like the ones where they talk about Wonders of the World, whether it be natural wonders or man-made ones. All the manabukun episodes are available on youtube. There should be a playlist for it.