1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suto Ririka (Riripon) / Draft 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by mav48, Mar 19, 2014.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think this is taking it too far the other way though. I don't doubt that there are people who feel betrayed and to be honest they have the right to feel that way. At the end of the day, she is an idol and people spent their hard earned money on that lie. I would just like the sanctimonious concern trolls to get out though since they didn't have interest in Riripon before so why should they have it now?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2017
  2. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Oh Riripon and Fuuchan has been my NMB wcenters ever since Milky left. IDK, I'd like to think that Riripon fans are not the kind that would feel betrayed over her being in a relationship. She's so much more than just a pretty face. She always had a huge personality. We liked her for who she is. Not her relationship status.

Anyway her husband is in the medical profession and hot! What's not to love?! I want myself a man like that too!

3. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Sanctimonious concern trolls.....because she is hurting the 48G, disrespecting Takamina, the management, her fans, idolhood, idoldom, etc.....LOL! They are personally damaged and harmed as Riripon has tainted their oshi's. Personally, most of their oshis hurt me, and the 48G, cuz they aren't in the same league as Riripon. But of course, no guys, parties, controversy, excitement, etc....they are one with their fans. It's true love, dedication and loyalty. Hope that explanation works for you. LOL

And P-you're so right, huge personality and "pretty face"...she's absolutely smokin!

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I agree, the place where she announced it was completely wrong. But I'm not talking about where she announced it being respectable, but the fact that she owned up to it.

Obviously she only did that because hey found her out, but a lot of other members have been caught in a scandal, with pictures and all, and completely shut their mouths or lie.
    That is what I really don't like and I honestly hate members who do this. So yea, I still think it's respectable.

I also think the "love ban" is fine, many workplaces have rules. I'm fine with them doing it in secret, and I'm fine with it if once caught they own up to it. I also hope that they get punished, because I hate how akb has one set of rules for popular members and one set for unpopular ones. And I think a company should follow rules once they've been set, or state that the rule doesn't apply anymore. But just keeping their mouths shut when a popular member gets pics taken of them and leaked is wrong. Do one way or the other.

I'd also like to point out the extreme hypocrisy of some of you all here, who get so upset when people talk about how fat or ugly and idol is, but have no problem at all making fun of a man for being poor and not living in a nice house. But that's the world today, you can't criticize a woman but men are completely fair game...

• Like Like x 1
  5. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    If Riripon announcing her marriage in the sousenkyo (which is broascasted in a national television) after her fans has voted her to the 20th rank and after she saw the many tears other members shed, whether it be for happiness or sadness, and thanking their fans for the votes and she just straight up said she is getting married (automatically quitting the group) and there is already a guy and most importantly dissolving the illusion of pure young girls who aspire to succeed as idols and for such goal has sacrificed their youth (in all of its glory), no matter how her idol personality is, and she (or her fans) is expecting or not going to accept what others are going to say about what she has just done, that is RIDICULOUS! That is what I think. She announced to public what could potentially harm the group and its dynamic, perceived image and reputation (or even more than it currently are worsening because the decline), not just NMB48, but AKB48 and all of their sister groups, what makes you think members like Juri and Naachan has no right to comment about it? And judging? Really, idols are about image. They are judged every single second they are acting (and even when not acting some times) as idols. It doesn't matter that Juri and Naachan is from another group and doesn't know her well or on a personal level or they don't have any official leadership position that pertain Riripon, they have the right to state their opinion (including criticism), even in sousenkyo. Of course it would be their responsibility to accept whatever outcome is heading their way after stating their opinion. Just like Riripon should accept whatever outcome is heading her way after announcing her marriage in sousenkyo and deal with it. Same with the OG. Juri and Naachan and Takamina's comments were understandable. They were trying to think for the better of the group and the members and not straight out unfairly calling Riripon out. As for Yuko, well, she shouldn't have straight out imply that word because it would seem like a mockery.

I agree with the notion that if she didn't even have something to be made out as scandal, nobody would have snitched her out and Bunshun would have no reason to scandalize her. It's that simple. It is not very naive to think that way. The girls should know what they got into when they become idols. If they really aspire to succeed as idols, they know they can't date. They won't even have enough time to think about love. Them being teens doesn't excuse it. They made a decision to become idols, so they should be able to follow the rules of being idols, spoken or unspoken. I think excusing any of their 'misbehaviour' as idols just because they are young... you would belittling them, that they can't think better. Sure they are human too, but it doesn't mean to confine yourself and blame being human for your mistakes. We were blessed with our brain, we can think better. They can think better. Plus, they are idols too. While they are idols, being idols is more important. Or else quit. If they dated in secret, then they should be prepared when their dating comes to light and is scandalized. Prepared for the outcomes of it.

I personally am fine with her marriage. It makes good drama and I don't think I have that so strong attachment to the group to feel extremely offended by what she does, but I can understand how people (fans, members and even the group) would have a negative reaction because of what she has done. The group doesn't revolve around her only, there are lots of other girls than her in the group.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  6. Madscientist

Madscientist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Manakuru
    You know the place where she announced it was wrong, if she announces it before or after ssk, i would love her bravery, but she announced it in the event like ssk, there is nothing left to respect. i don't hate her because her scandal or being a honest person, but her speech. being a nice or honest person is not always has a good effect to the people around you, you must be smart to read the situation before do something.

7. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

omg you are right. it is indeed very romantic!!!

And honestly, nothing could be worse than Miichan's head shaving. She made the group seem like some torture chamber. Depending on how Yoshimoto handles Riripon's marriage, it could become the sweetest love story ever.

8. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

Okay, I no longer really follow AKB or NMB and don't know much about Riripon at all but let me chime in a probably unpopular opinion here...

After rewatching the video, I kinda like her.... She is pure, very pure, in some way. A lot of people complained about her "stealing the show". However, I doubt she thinks about that much. She is in love, deeply in love (probably first love as well) and she wants to tell the world about her love. Due to circumstances, she needed to hide it and she disliked hiding it. However some people were gonna expose it anyway. So she declared her love to the world and were happy when her teammates congratulated her. She probably planned the content of her speech but she clearly didn't polish it. Her speech was even quite fragmented but serious and determined. A "maiden in love" IMO :) (did I read too much shoujo lol?)

I also disagree that people said she is craving for the limelight. Note that she is practically leaving the spotlight of the idol world at a very young age of 20 and is widely considered the future center of NMB. In fact, from her speech, she doesn't even want to be an idol, she doesn't want its spotlight and she might even hate it (she couldn't live her love and her "human" life in some way). In fact, I don't think she even considers the votes she received as a kind of support and an obligation that she must remain "virgin". Thus, she probably doesn't think that announcing her marriage as a betrayal of that obligation. Again, she is pure, very pure, in some way.

On AKB/NMB/other 48/46 groups, true, her action probably hurts the group as a whole. It shattered an image that is critical for idols. However, the main thing Riripon did (and all other scandals) is to remind people that this is still just an image full of hypocrisy. So for all of you fans who are angry, what do you really like? Do you prefer to live with that virtual idol image/character or try to love idols as the true person they really are which might be much less beautiful/interesting? I don't mean to be philosophical here (lol, Riripon) but I think everyone can have their own decision (no right and wrong) but, IMO, be aware of that image/reality line will allow fans to accept scandals more easily :). My $0.02.

9. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Not unpopular at all. Bravo!

10. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

LOVE WINS!!!!

AKB and HKT both got wedding songs so now it's time for NMB to get one too with Riripon as center. NMB can perform all 3 in a medley and end it off with Durian Shounen and maybe Ibiza Girls as well since they were all brides in that PV.

11. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Fans do have a degree of toleration, but most fans who matter (as in those who are seriously investing money into the group, those fans who makes the girls earn their paycheck AND fame) prefer to live and support idols whose image/character fit their liking.

It will mostly be up to those fans if Riripon will make it and continue as idols. Unless Riripon gains thousands more fans which makes up for tens of those fans.

12. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

one of the problem is that she never said she was leaving in her speech
    so she expects to be married and be the in group
    which is pretty much a slap in the face to a lot of the members
    "Hey i want to break a rule and stay in the group.. thank you"

She was truly selfish and didn't think about the image of the AKB group, and only thought of saving herself
    truly she won the night, but for everyone else, they were just shoved under a rug, and what the Senior members have always hated and feared is the public hating on AKB or thinking of the group as a joke.

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    [Breaking News] Yoshimoto: She is free to continue her activities and the programs she is currently doing won't be pulled

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170620-00000066-dal-ent

同局は、収録前段階では、須藤の事務所から活動休止や降板などの申し入れなどはないとしている。
    In the same station before the shooting, we received information from Suto's agency that there is no offer to cease her activity or pulling her programs.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Please note: two people have been removed from this forum for violations of forum etiquette and ignoring the instruction of forum staff. Furthermore, you do not get to decide who gets to post on a thread and who doesn't. Only the staff gets to decide that. Furthermore, this "I'm right, and anyone with a different view is an a@#$%le" mentality, will not be tolerated either.

So I do not want to see anymore posts telling people to leave the thread....

Especially from someone who claims to be a huge fan but has NEVER posted on this thread before today :fp:

• Like Like x 2
  15. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

The main point of my post is that, true, she probably damaged/hurt lots of people, but she has no malign intent (I think she is very naive and pure). In hindsight, she might have announced her graduation as well but do people really think that much in that situation. And to be fair, whether she can graduate or not depends on lots of factors and the "adults" in NMB as well. In hindsight, yes, she damaged AKB image. But would a 20-yo girl think that far, especially with a tabloid-front-page breaking news on her coming? Miichan would never shave her head if she knew she could be a global news, right? Hence, I think that, yes, she did make lots of people angry but it's more like an honest mistake of a young girl (in fact, I think her thinking is even more naive than a normal 20-yo which makes me worried since she could be a mum soon but, well, it's another story :^^;:)

16. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Behind that naive image, isn't Ririka's personality based on being 'unorthodox', 'outspoken', and all? 'G-Cup Senpai' and a bunch of other dorky quotes makes one think that behind that image was a thinking and capable draftee whose dream to be a philosopher might not be too far for her abilities.

She decided to preempt SB. Good move. However at SSK amidst the tears of others? Hmm.

It's no mistake. A calculated move to outmaneuver the tabloids.

17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    And with that statement, it seems Yoshimoto knew that she was going to announce her engagement on SSK and still allow her to continue with her career. I'm a still bit salty Nishino and Owada had to graduate a few months ago, but if she can start a trend where 48g girls can date, fuck, and marry whoever they want, I'm all for it.

18. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@kyoto48☀︎☂ People mocked the guys "dingy" apartment in like 3 posts and suddenly he's the victim in the whole narrative? give me a break. In fact, people's comments about how the guy is 43 were only brought up to make Riripon look even worse (and anything that was said about his lack of youth or wealth was referenced just to make Ririka look like a fool who wasn't even giving up her career for a hot/rich/young man)

I don't think Naanya and Miki graduated just because of the scandal, in Naanya's case she was a mgmt darling and next gen ace candidate and it all fell through and she became a punchline because of her weight gain so I think she had checked out of the idol life already and used it as an opportunity to leave. Miki had a similar case, she was the only one out of the 3 musketeers to be left behind completely, and with a scandal that for sure contributed to undermine her position in the group even more she probably decided it wasn't worth it to stick around. You have to keep in mind that the scandal-dols who remained in the group had to endure a lot to have a shot at earning back their original positions, and some never managed to recover completely. Maybe Miki and Nana didn't want to go through all that.

I don't support or believe in the no dating rule, but my opinion doesn't matter one ounce to the whole idol industry because I'm not their target audience anyway. The way I see it though, things have changed a lot for how the rule is enforced as time passes, I've been a fan for 10+ years, and at the beginning girls would get kicked out immediately (Ayarin, Nacchan, Yonechan, Masuda Yuka...) but I guess that after mgmt started seeing scandal idols bouncing back (Milky might be the most famous case, and of course, Sasshi) they decided to let them stay because it's all about the business, and the money anyway.

Ririka might be allowed to stay because AKB needs to be in the news again, and because Akimoto himself said that dating is forbidden but marriage is not. In fact, this is one of the things that Takamina remarked in her Coca cola press conference, that she didn't know what would happen because it was the first time they had to deal with such a situation.

Also, as a former Yuko oshi, I don't think people should take her comments to heart so much? She doesn't know Ririka, she most likely doesn't care and was just trolling and being her usual goofy self with the news.

19. Oddball82

Oddball82 Member

Oshimen:
    Hitomi Momose
    I was discussing this with some friends and we suddenly asked our selves:
    Everyone here assumes Riripon made the marriage decision. But have some of you gave some time to the thought that this whole thing might have even been her idea in the first place?
    As far as we in our discussion were concerned her future husband and her management both have a good motive to be the ones to come up with this idea

20. ABF48

ABF48 Member

I read that akimoto wrote something about he wont let suto graduate and she can stay in the grup if she want. is that true ?