1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suzumoto Miyu (Suzumon) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Suzumoto pushed to second row for this single... I am watching Keyaki te Kakenai and she was instantly my favorite member, what a shame...

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

My only way of accepting this is to say to myself that when it was announced on KeyaKake, she didn't seem that sad -- and you'd expect her face to let her real emotions show. Maybe her basic shyness makes the second row acceptable to her. Maybe. But for Berika to be in the front row and Miyu not shows clearly that popularity is more important than talent. Or beauty, in my opinion.

However, something happened yesterday (today, Tokyo time) that may make her popularity rise. She was the one to write and read the birthday letter to Techi, and it was so heartfelt that they both broke down in tears. You can read a translation here. Reaction on 2channel was swift and very positive. In the letter she thanks Techi for noticing last fall that she was so shy and spending time with her. "Now I can talk with all the members." She thinks she should have been the one to support the younger centre Techi, but it was Techi who supported her. Great letter.

3. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Yeah, I kind of wish that the new Senbatsu responded less to popularity. I feel like it's still too early for that since the group is still cementing their image (waiting until 3rd or 4th single would be better, in my opinion) and management should still be making most decisions. But I guess they are trying to avoid the same mistakes like they did in Nogizaka.

Thanks for the birthday letter translation! What a thoughtful girl

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From Miyu-chan's blog for Monday evening:

Senbatsu Announcement

Good evening!
    It was good weather again today怜

On Keyakitte, Kakenai? yesterday, the senbatsu for the 2nd single was announced.
    Honestly, I'm terribly upset.
    But I'm just going to face forward
    and work hard with all my strength on the 2nd single.

Still, it makes me so happy that the fans are watching over me.
    Please continue to treat me well from now on.

For the 2nd single, all 21 of us, including Nagahama Neru, will be making things lively!!
    Look forward to it!!!!

[...]

Here's a blog post with pictures, especially this one:

mob58kRJH_600web.jpg

5. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    I'm currently working on translating all of the individual interviews (they're more like life narratives...) in the Nikkei entertainment idol special. My first completed translation was Miyu's interview! You can read it here:
    http://keyakizakamatome.tumblr.com/post/146954868010/suzumoto-miyu-the-girl-who-has-gotten-used-to

she gives her life story, talks about how she's renouncing her chestnut oshi title for a while so people can remember her name, and what kind of presence she wants to be for the group.

[​IMG]

6. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    thankyou very very much for translating :") and that picture........ man, how i miss her old hair, she's so so pretty

on her position for this 2nd single, im kinda shocked and upset when i first heard about it. but maybe this new position could give her motivation to work more hard and develop her idol skills at handshake. i would love to read people opinions on her handshakes performance.

seeing her staying positive despite all of this makes me happy too, at least she accepted her position and just going to move forward with it.

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Miyu-chan has been ill and absent from work. Her absence was noted officially on the website a few days ago. Her last blog post was three weeks ago, but we have a new one today (four hours ago). She apologizes for inconveniencing people and causing them to worry, and says that she will now work hard to catch up to the other members. She hopes people will continue to "watch over (her) kindly."

Her strained expression in the Kataru nara MV has been noted -- as well as her excellent dancing there. The absence has spawned a support thread on 2channel hoping for her recovery and return, but also comments from the low-lifes who hate her speculating that she will quit and that there is more than physical condition involved. It was ever thus on 2channel. Not that they may not have a grain of truth there: I would find it hard to bear the hatred some idol otaku seem to feel for her. And she is a shy and sensitive person, it appears. As well as a terrific dancer.

8. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    I don't understand. Why they hate her? Is it because of her "scandal"? I don't think that's the case because Nanako is doing well. So...?

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

It's normal situation for an idol(actually all kind of job) with being hated and loved. If she is recovered, that's what matters.

10. Midsummer Rain

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    I know that. But she's getting way more hate than the other girls, it seems. That's weird.

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I find it weird, too. Sometimes I think Japanese otaku hate girls who seem too tough (which she isn't, but that's how she can seem). Anyway, there is a purikura of her with a guy; she is supposed to be a Johnny's ota who only joined Keyakizaka to get close to them; and she is supposed to have bad-mouthed both Matsumura Sayuri during her kiss scandal and Maiyan for saying she wanted to be an artist not an idol. The purikura is the only thing that can be confirmed, but the bad-mouthing probably hurts most, and the Johnny's ota accusation seems to come up most often (do otaku demand that idols have eyes only for them?). I actually don't care about the bad-mouthing: normal behaviour, if true. She probably understands showbiz better now that she is inside. And I accept that she has a bit of a harsh side, to go along with her insecurity. For those who are interested, here is a Suzumoto scandal page, and the Keyakizaka page on a scandal site. I really don't take this stuff seriously: much of it is invented, and almost all of it is unimportant. Fortunately, Sakamichi group management doesn't seem concerned with minor things like pre-idol boyfriends -- except when they had been your middle school teacher (Harada Mayu).

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Midsummer Rain

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Thanks so much for explaining. If I understand it correctly, they "hate" her basically because of unconfirmed rumors, a supposed boyfriend and her looks (tough image). LOL That's so ridiculous. And even if it's true, that's just normal human behavior. But then again, I have to remind myself that some wotas like to believe that their idols are pure and innocent. :glare:

BTW, I can't acess these links you provided. Can I access them outside of Japan?

• Like Like x 1
  13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hmmm. I just tried again, and I think stage48 must be changing them to "****" when I save them. So perhaps I shouldn't post them. I'll try starting a "conversation" with you, which I've never done before, so it might not work. I hope the admins don't mind.

14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yep. For some reason that blog is banned here. I tested it out and you can't say it.

15. Midsummer Rain

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Ok, thanks.

I had no idea Stage banned some sites. Thanks.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I can understand why they banned it. It's just full of libels against idols -- and it doesn't seem to have lasted online more than a couple of months, anyway. But I can't help enjoying reading this stuff, even if I don't believe it. Stage48 is protecting me from myself, lol. And protecting me from spreading lies and libels. Or at least from spreading them too widely.

• Like Like x 1
  17. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    i hope she recovers soon, im starting to worried because i havent seen her anywhere. there isnt a single photo of her with other members for the past week. and i cant find her in a group photo during fns music festival, but she actually performed with them that day. i hope she's okay tho ;_;

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She announced in her blog yesterday that she was well and just beginning work again now, working hard to catch up to the other members. It was clearly a hasty post, without even a photo. Her last blog post before yesterday was 2-1/2 weeks ago, so I guess she's been suffering for most of this month. But when I see her dancing so well in Kataru nara (which was recorded a while ago) or speaking so well in Keyabingo (also recorded a while ago, I guess) I can't help feeling more positive.

19. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    i just checked her blog post, and you're right it was so hasty. if she's dancing alright in the pv, maybe its not physical illness? is it possible if its more like emotional illness? like she's having homesick? she's really shy too, i wonder if she get along well with the others. cant wait to see her again soon <3

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

New blog post just up a few hours ago, with photo (not sure if the photo is new).

mobQtET6t_600web.jpg

She talks about Takahiro and says how much they appreciate the thought he puts into the choreography, and how much he is thinking of them as he does it. She thanks people for getting tickets to come to the handshake sessions for the second single and says she plans to wear yukata at some point. She says she got some new gelato pique "room wear" from her mother and will show a picture. She sounds positive and together.

I've noticed some sympathetic Japanese posts. I hope this little setback will gain her some sympathy from fans who have been cool to her until now.

She has already provided an entry in the official Twitter account's "There is Nothing but Love in the World" (Sekai ni wa Ai shika nai) campaign for people to send in photos that represent love. She sent a photo of the flowers her grandmother sent her as congratulations when she was accepted into Keyakizaka, and says how much love there was in the note that came with them, and how happy it made her:

Cn-pJtkUIAAw3w0_600web.jpg

There is also a piece on a K46 news site quoting 2channel and Twitter comments about her dancing being a cut above everyone else's in the group, along with Hirate's, saying how sharp her movements are. One poster says that he has spent two years in New York dance halls and Miyu's dancing even makes him take notice. Another quote says she is at the highest level among idols.

I agree with all this. It seems to me that her movements are sharp, quick, full and accurate, and she never goes too far and is always graceful and under control. The introductory dance group in Kataru nara is a good example (she's 2nd from left). So is the umbrella bit with her and Sugai in SekaAi. A comment points out that in that bit she catches the umbrella easily, without looking. Sugai has written that she felt awkward pairing with the terrific dancer Suzumoto.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016