1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suzumoto Miyu (Suzumon) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    thank you ukifune as always <3

im kinda relieved now, reading her blog post make me feel that she really misses her family and how the supports from her closest ones are helping her getting through this hard time. glad that she's all happy, positive and healthy now \o/

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

More confirmation that Miyu-chan is okay. First, a photo from Ozeki's blog that she says was taken Saturday, in which she is wearing the same top as in the previous photo (so it is possibly a recent photo, too):

mobvmo7fG_Z600web.jpg

Second, a photo of her in Akanen's contribution to the @keyakizaka46 Twitter account's "The World Has Nothing But Love" (Sekai ni wa Ai shika Nai) feature, in which Akanen says that what she loves is shoujo manga (count me in on that one), so she shows herself using a what she says is a romance manga move on Miyu-chan, pushing up her chin with her finger. Japanese commenters think Miyu-chan's expression is another great one:

CoI2vZ4UkAA_c96_600Zweb.jpg

You can see all the "World has Nothing but Love" submissions at @keyakizaka46. Or at this Twitter hashtag: #けやかけ世界には愛しかない We are all invited to tweet what we love in the world, using that hashtag. (There are some nice outside tweets there, but also some that management probably didn't want to see, lol.)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    i saw those two pictures too on twitter, and when i saw ozeki's i was really relieved bcs her clothes were the same! lol. she's officially back!

i watched this clip while lurking at zuumin's thread, and i thought her expression and intonation are so on point when she talked(?) to neru lolol. my first impression was "wow she's kinda good with acting", she somehow looked fierce and intimidating? haha i dont know if those are the right words to describe her. so i was curious about her act on TokuDai, and i was so happy to find out that she actually has a decent amount of lines and screentime! :banana::banana: i cant help but thinking she got some acting potential! i love to see her improvements by the end of the drama[hehe]:hehe:
    and here's the video:

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Another photo to make us feel better about Miyu. From Nagasawa Nanako's blog, in which Nanako says she thinks the short cut suits Miyu, and also says she really wants to eat sweets Miyu has made. "The apple pie looked delicious.... I want her to teach me how to make sweets."

wpid-eu2cL6F_600web.jpg

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She's baaack! She gave us some of her extreme expressions when Neru recommended yogurt with fish eggs and yogurt with ketchup during this weekend's KeyaKake:

wpid-mm160801-0049160740_001_600web.jpg

6. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

When I see hair almost covering her face as she dances with such energy in the Kataru nara MV, I think she must be missing her old hairstyle, too.

Thank you so much for these glorious pictures. I guess they took them at the same time in late spring that they took the previous batch.

By the way, I just noticed in the TokuDare wrap-up party photo that not only is she full of smile, but she has her hair to one side:

w700_f89caf98657a502ca9c83b4f90dcea8a9b916a313c24b03a.jpg

In her little quote in the story she says she learned to love acting and wants to do another drama.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  8. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

ep 19

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Wasn't Suzumoto good on the radio show? Thanks, @CutePanda.

Here are some screencaps from 2channel of Miyu-chan at K46's Sunday appearance at the Tokyo Idol Festival. They finished a few minutes ago, and had their second half-hour set on Fuji TV. Good exposure just before the new single is released on Wednesday.

Miyu looked great. On 2channel during the show, one guy kept posting, "Suzumoto-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" and once: "Suzumoto-chan's healthyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy".

light.dotup.org362813.jpg light.dotup.org362805.jpg light.dotup.org362814.jpg wpid-light.dotup_.org362833.jpg

EDIT: Over the weekend, Miyu met up with Kurino Haruka 栗野春香 of No Sugar ノンシュガー, a local idol group of which Miyu apparently used to be a student member (a kenkyuusei). From comments, I guess there was a falling-out, but Miyu actually called out to Kurimoto-san and this photo makes it seem they were happy to meet. Sorry, I can't find further details:

wpid-8DDvhgy7d_600web.jpg

I love what Miyu-chan has done with her hair, using that braid to keep her hair out of her face, at least during performances. I wonder if she plans to ditch the bangs? Anyway, maybe this new style preserves the best of both looks.

EDIT: There's some Japanese discussion recently praising Miyu for being stoic and not talking about herself (including abut her relationship with No Sugar); not depending on other people; not complaining when people misunderstand her character, etc. They're praising her for Japanese stoicism.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

ep 20

11. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

From Rekomen! radio show today, Guest : Moriya Akane, Suzumoto Miyu, Kobayashi Yui

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her blog post about the weekend handshake event, she posts various pics of herself with other members and says that recently she likes straight hair:

sub-member-4429_03_600web.jpg

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I really enjoyed her blog post today, which is about dancing. She says people ask her what she likes and what her current interest is and she says she can't come up with anything...except dance. She's watching Nogizaka and E-girls and Shoujo Jidai and studying their moves and how they do things. She says she did so much hip-hop in the past that everything she does has a hip-hop feel. She says she found the early dance training with Keyakizaka very difficult for this reason. She wants to learn the feminine style of Nogizaka, she says.

The reason I like this so much is because she is being herself, showing that seriousness that I think is part of her. And recognizing her faults (which some of us here may not see) and working on them. I do get what she's saying about her style, which is less graceful than sharp (but gracefully sharp, lol). And I look forward to great things. Maybe this is partly the result of having been dropped to the second row. I would not be surprised to see her back in the front row at any time, for the third or fourth single, for example. But now there are lots of worthy candidates, for sure.

Here's a picture from that blog post. She seems more relaxed, and she's also going right ahead and trying to appeal. Learning to be an idol:

mob2oIBdh_600w.jpg

I thought I posted the "36 Faces of Suzumon" before, but I don't see it here. I apologize if this is a repost. Same for this pic of a front three I wouldn't mind seeing again:

36faces.jpg sub-member-4702_02_flip.jpg

15. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the face collection - this somehow never ceases to amuse me. Whenever I coincidentally watch an earlier episode or appearance of Keyaki, I often pause the video when there's a special reaction with Miyu being on screen to look for funny faces. Basically, this was what started to get me interested in her: She had a pretty closed-up, indifferent and even somewhat boring image at the very beginning. Her dancing may always have been good but I didn't even actively focus on that before I read some opinions on this forum, so I considered her misplaced in the first row. However, if she really would be indifferent or constrained, she would never make faces like this (which are a natural behaviour of her) and show reactions like she does on stage, so I started to figure that she probably is a pretty exciting person on the inside despite her seemingly cool and serious aura. I believe that this has been proved true, with her acting in Tokuyama Daigoro or her microphone battle in Keyabingo being very memorable. If she just feels like it, she is one of the most expressive members in the group.

I think dancing, especially choreographed dancing, is something that is difficult to judge objectively. The way you project and demonstrate certain moves greatly depends on your own physique, for example. This means that if two performers do exactly the same moves with the same timing, energy and body tension but have a different figure and size, they will still look completely different, with one of them definitely looking worse than the other one because a certain way of dancing can fit the own body figure more or less. The reason why Miyu's dancing is extremly good is that on top of excellent timing and body control (probably also due to Hip Hop dance lessons etc.) she is the most focused one of all. She has literally zero wasted/unnecessary movement which goes perfect with her short and compact physique. Ozeki for example, who has about the same physique and profile, does much more exaggerated and offbeat moves which, together with her generally awkward motorics, contribute to Ozeki Style, although she definitely has improved a lot. Miyu is basically the textbook example for the Keyaki choreographies; if there was an official instructional video showing the moves then she should be the one demonstrating them.

Just as a remark, the style of dancing can also be a reflection of someone's personality I think. If we take "dance captain" Fuu for example, her timing and body control are about as good, but she puts way more energy and dynamics into her moves. I think that is because (especially compared to Miyu) Fuyuka is a real wildchild who expresses a lot of joy when dancing. So, although she technically is the same level as Miyu, she has a completely different (very masculine, so to say) style, which also goes better with her slim and balanced physique. And Nijika's style, to add one more, is what I believe to be a good balance between Miyu's accurate/professional and Fuyuka's energetic/tomboyish style.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Good analysis, @Atreyu. I've always seen the extra energy and control in Miyu's movements as making her a better dancer than the either Fuu-chan or Nijika, with their longer, less controlled movements. I'll have to watch more, bearing in mind your idea that they are expressing something different. Up to now, I haven't seen either of them as Miyu's technical equal, so it always surprised me that Fuu-chan was acting as Takahiro's assistant. I thought it was just that she could see the whole group better, and was more able to interact with Takahiro and verbalize what she saw and what he wanted.

EDIT: Photo from today's blog post, talking about Saturday's handshake event. She said it made her happy that there were so many people there who were seeing K46 live for the first time. A fan who was there posted that it was great to see her forehead, so I guess this photo is from then.

sub-member-4841_600w.jpg

Keyakizaka Matome has photos from her feature in UTB magazine (October)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In a recent interview, Manaka recounts that when she got to be in the front row, she was worried that other people might not be able to accept it. But when she recorded her solo part in the SekaAi video, Suzumon (who had been demoted to the second line) came up to her and said: "That was great." She says that if their situations had been reversed, she could never have said that. "We are really blessed with good people as members."

By the way, she and other members are now calling Suzumoto "Mon."

18. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
  19. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    im happy to see that she's getting more and more passionate about her dancing. reading the interview translated by jujuchuu, she said that she wanted to be the absolute best in dancing and also her wish to do more drama gets me excited, you need to be ambitious girl! lol. i always think that her acting was pretty okay in tokudai, so its going to be great to see her challenge more diverse role in the future.

about the handshake, do you know if there are any fan accounts/posts which come from people who came for her? i want to know their reaction, is there anything fun done by miyu during handshakes?

aaand those UTB photoshoot shows that she actually has lots of charm and expression. she went from mature to cute real quick in just one photoshoot [hehe][hehe]

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

From her Wednesday blog post:

mobIMvse9_Z600w.jpg

Keyaroom (*˘︶˘*)
    As soon as I get home, I immediately put my hair up in a topknot.
    Why won't my bangs grow faster!

She's apparently decided that bangs, at least the kind others wear, are not for her. She's using a braid to hold her hair off her forehead, and now we hear that she is trying to grow her hair out.

I thought I had some reports from Miyu handshake guests, but I can't find them. I'll keep an eye out for reports this weekend, when there is an event in Chiba.