1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Juri had a solo appearance for a radio show called Question Mark by Korean rapper and entertainer RAVI. She did very well, and had a memorable slip that ended up being hilarious.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  2. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

Been Waiting for a Juriful Days with Dahyun, they're toooo cute together. If you honestly didn't know better, you would think they were real sisters by the way the act around each other

• Like Like x 1
  3. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I like that Juri continues to post Japanese language content on the official channel. Like her departure from AKB48 gives her more freedom to express herself. I don't recall hearing IZ*ONE members speak Japanese on OTR channel (other than some playful interaction with members and not directly to fans).

4. shinto48

shinto48 Kenkyuusei

How is rocket pumch doing?
    I don’t keep up with kpop (just check in on izone every now and then because of sakura, nako, and hitomi) so I’m not sure if juri’s group is having any success or not.

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The group certainly seems to be very successful - right down the bottom of the board is The Stage48 Idol Emporium with threads on various Kpop and Jpop groups - including this one on Rocket Punch. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Juri's Concept Trailer for 'Ring Ring', Rocket Punch's first single album due for release on 5/17:

• Like Like x 5
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I remember seeing that picture and thinking Juri wasn't there – I was confused then why you chose to post it here [hehe]

8. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    well, mods can delete it cause yeah Juri's not included, (or might delete it on a later date if not auto-deleted by mods :p)
    it's just me hoping if there is some 12gen special performance, and that pict/post is not just some gatherings, that Juri can appear. well that just me being selfish :p :p

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Juri Fancam from Music Core today:

• Like Like x 6
  10. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    From Yahoo JP (original article in Tokyo Sports)
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/aa07670a4e4449e44ed747030906a28f8f84b9e7
    Ex-AKB Takahashi Juri: Korean slave contract behind her suspension: "Low salary, late nights, dried potatoes and kimchi.
     Is ex-AKB48 Takahashi Juri (23) okay? After graduating from the group, Takahashi made her debut in Korea as a member of the six-member girl group Rocket Punch. The day after announcing her long-awaited debut in Japan on the 24th of last month, she announced that she was taking a break due to health problems. Her fans asked, "What happened? But when I interviewed him, I found out that he had a "harsh slave contract"... What was the darkness in the Korean entertainment industry that drove Takahashi to the edge?
    Takahashi joined AKB48 in 2011 and was a popular member, ranking as high as 12th in the general election.
    Her debut in Korea was announced in February 2007, and she graduated from AKB in May of the same year. In August of the same year, she debuted again as Juri, the only Japanese member of the Korean six-member girl group Rocket Punch.
    She has released mini-albums so far. On the 24th of last month, she announced her debut in Japan, but on the 25th, her Korean agency, Woollim Entertainment, announced that Takahashi would be taking a break due to health reasons. However, on the 25th, her agency, Woollim Entertainment, announced that she would be taking a break due to health issues.
    Takahashi's suspension immediately after the announcement of her debut in Japan has been met with concern and confusion from fans.
    Here's what a music insider familiar with the situation had to say.
    He said, "Takahashi went on hiatus right after he made the comment, 'I'm happy to debut in Japan again with a new group. Japanese fans were concerned, saying things like, "This can't happen the day after the announcement of her debut," and "How is the office managing her health? There is a lot of concern about this.
    On social media, there were concerns about Takahashi's lack of energy due to her grueling diet.
    In fact, in September last year, Takahashi released a video on YouTube in which she talked about her diet, confessing that she had lost more than 10 kilograms since her AKB days by eating only boiled eggs, dried potatoes, tofu and kimchi for three to four months. However, in May this year, she appeared at a new song launch event in Korea with a slightly plump face, which caused Korean fans to bash her. Some may say that it is natural for a professional to pursue beauty, but it must have been very difficult for her.
    In addition to the extreme dieting, some people have pointed out that Takahashi's physical condition was caused by the harsh environment.
    I can't say it out loud, but the contract in Korea is very harsh. I think they pay for her dormitory and food, but her salary is very small. Moreover, in Japan, the contract period for talent is less than three years, and the mainstream is becoming one year, in consideration of human rights issues, but in Korea, the basic contract period is ten years. In Korea, however, the basic rule is ten years, and it is common to have people work until midnight. In general, Korean entertainment agencies still have a low awareness of human rights.
    The Korean entertainment industry is known for its grueling schedule that cannot be compared to that of Japan. The Korean entertainment industry is known for its grueling schedule that is unparalleled in Japan. Takahashi herself was surprised to learn that she had to start preparing at 3 a.m. to appear on a music program.
    Many girls are attracted to K-pop because of the success of artists like TWICE and IZ*ONE, but you have to be prepared to work much harder than in the Japanese entertainment industry.
    At first glance, the Korean entertainment industry appears to be glamorous, but revelations of suicide attempts, bullying, and sexual entertainment are frequent topics of conversation. I wonder if Takahashi was forced to suspend her activities because she was being pushed further and further into a corner?

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. Midori

Midori Member

Whoever wrote that got one, easily verifiable fact wrong. The standard K-pop contract is seven years, not ten.
    I don't know why Juri went on hiatus, but it seems to be from overwork. Whether or not that has anything to do with her diet only she can really answer. When Yunkyoung had to go on hiatus with an injury Woollim said exactly why, if Juri was having any physical health issues they would probably tell. When was the last time Juri had a break? Besides over the holidays. All I know is she was injured between PD48 nad announcing her graduation.

By the way, a fan recently asked Yeonhee about Juri and she said that she is resting so that she can return to activities.

• Like Like x 4
  12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I was concerned that when she released her Juriful Days vlogs, people would use it against her and I guess that article was written by such person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Midori

Midori Member

I thought the same. Especially the diet seems harsh.
    I forgot to mention that the news about her redebuting in Japan was apparently also poorly received by some J-netizens, so that could be another reason for her sudden hiatus.

14. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    if she redebuts in japan, does that mean she will leave rocket punch soon? and will she still under woolim?

15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Rocket Punch is releasing their first Japanese single, which is what people mean by 'redebuting in Japan.' She is still part of Rocket Punch, she is still part of Woollim. They're debuting in Japan together ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    oh lol then i don't understand the level of hate directed against her. i guess it's just netizens being netizens....

17. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think many just felt that she betrayed them by leaving AKB48 to join a KPOP group and it is very evident on twitter itself, where many expressed that that's what she deserved.. which I find very petty tbh.

18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't really understand why either? Kpop groups usually have a Japan release at some point, even the ones who aren't super successful.

I think it's harsh for people to say "that's what she deserved" but I do understand the sentiment of feeling betrayed. Back in 2019, her birthday stage was announced for February 8th and she said she got into a car accident, so it would have to be postponed. Turns out she actually couldn't practise for it because she was in Korea at the time, arranging to join Woollim. I think the way this was handled was quite poor. Her birthday stage isn't just for her, but also especially for her fans. Juri oshis were looking forward to this and maybe even had a trip planned, but it was postponed with 5 days' notice. I've not seen any hate for Takeuchi Miyu, who also left AKB48 to pursue a career in K-Pop.

That being said, I don't think it justifies saying that she deserves being unwell. She's chosen this path now and it is what it is. Hopefully she'll feel better soon, and I also hope she doesn't regret her choices.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

20. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Other members said (after the video was shown in the stage) that this video was recorded before Juri go into hiatus though. Idk about Juri leaving RP, but this video isn't a proof either way,