1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I think she will be a rapper, she showed potential for that in PD101. If not that then lead vocal.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I think RBW won't be debuting a girlgroup any time soon. They have Mamamoo going strong and they just debuted ONEUS and they have ONEWE aswell.

SMNGG will probably the biggest rookie contender for her group in 2020.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  3. sandy32000

sandy32000 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu
    Go to Twitter and follow all AKB48 members or Tumblr (enjoy the gravure)

I think fan does translate Juri stuffs in AKB48 but I don't remember the name

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

Eng (and Kor) subbed video of ANN - Juri's grad & new start in Korea cut

if the video does not show watch the video here
    The quality of the translation though.

Judging from its idols/trainees' social media activities, Woollim is on the stricter side of contact control.

Not like Sorn did not talk to trainees of other agencies, especially Lisa from YG and Bambam from JYP. There is also Ten who moved from Starship to S.M.

Lovelyz is more vocally oriented and not very strong in dance department. Everything that is harsh to Korean trainees can be even harsher to foreign trainees coming from different cultures. Since Juri will be "debuting trainee", she will live with other potential future group mates.

There is FNC who forces its trainees to learn Japanese and reaches out to Japanese labels to help promote its idol groups in Japan. There is Cube who also forces its trainees to learn Japanese and convinced Universal Japan to set up U Cube to promote Cube's idols in Japan. Then, there is Woollim whose trainees don't learn foreign language and just chillingly wait if there will be an offer from Japan. Much different levels of efforts. Offers from Japanese labels usually go to groups popular domestically. Foreign K-pop fans, Japanese included, usually focus on more popular groups. There are not so popular groups like Dreamcatcher or Oh My Girl promoting in Japan but, their level of Japanese promotion is budget and reach very small amount of Japanese audiences.

Rapping is rhythm focused and Juri has very good sense of rhythm 'coz drumming. But, again, language will be her barrier. Rappers these days usually are demanded to write their own lines. (If you look at the credit, you usually see the name of the rapper as co-lyric writer.) Besides, I doubt if Woollim will support its trainee to learn this skill, if Woollim plans to debut a girl group with the rapper. Rapper position often is given to main or lead dancer of the group because dancers have great sense of rhythm but tend to have poor sense of tone (tone-deaf).

Seemingly, the IZ*One's member she is very close to is Yena who is not close to Twice. Because Twice is a senior and is on the top, it may be harder to reach them (Korea and its strict seniority).

It's uncertain if Hina has left. There are also Japanese female idols in less popular groups, Rui of H.U.B, Miya of GWSN, Haru of Nature. FNC just debuted a girl group with 3 Japanese members in Jan this year.

YG is busy with its own problem relating to Seungri at the moment. Any comeback plan likely is being halted till the issue resolved unless this controversy will lead to the fall down of YG.

"the better Japanese talent gets scooped up by AKS", did you mean Sony and its Slope series? Anyway, K-pop will always be able to recruit new Japanese faces.

Due to substantial American successes of BTS and Black Pink, K-pop may gear toward western market more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Mamamoo is gaining more and more popularity these days. I think they will renew the contract, as long as RBW adds some clauses mamamoo asks for in the contract.

Oneus literally just debuted though... They literally debuted this year and will probably do better with ever comeback.

They won't be debuting another group until at least 2020, and even that is only if Mamamoo doesn't renew and Oneus + Onewe flop.

Do Not Double Post. Either edit your first post or wait for 24 hours or for another post, whichever comes first.

EXO and their chinese fans beg to differ.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2019
  8. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Loved these photos! so cute!:inlove::omfg::cute:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    • Like Like x 2
  10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    Juri sends / uploads pictures with Moeka these past few days, does Juri regret not having her in team B? lol, I read from somewhere that Moeka's first choice is team B.

and that message from Paru, "You're in Japan" saddens me, to think that one of these days, those two will part ways (not the dramatic kind ), then there's the movie promise with Sayaka. :(:(:(:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Even if she wanted her, it might not turn out to be the case
    (all the young up and comers are spread quite evenly throughout all the teams)

You can blame Satone and Maho for being put in B instead of her!
    (not that I am sad for it either ahha [hehe])

====

EDIT:
    now that we know 48G is getting a rollback and will need a revamp
    maybe that consultation Juri had with AkiP and staff was an easy one
    "bad stuff is going to happen soon, so get out while you can!"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    i won't blame those two, they fit team B's original image though, but with Moeka in Hatsukoi, Konichiwa with Satoppi and Maho, that unit is deadly cute

AkiP didn't hold back 48G's decision to go, so its a given that Juri talking to AkiP was an easy one but with this timing, it's no wonder that Juri's name will be somewhat mentioned with "Juri predicted this" comments. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. tompel

tompel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  15. welp

welp Next Girls

ฺEven though it's announced Juri will debut in this year, nothing is definite until the MV teaser dropped.

Rather than fighting with those in the top, I think rookies are fighting to find its ground to climb up, find its own place and work hard.

"A group popular in Japan" that Woollim had no interest on until PD 48 started.

Not really. Rookies won't approach seniors with years of experiences, especially famous ones. (Hyewon is a special case 'coz she lived in a different world.) You have not even seen Chaeyeon, who was trainee friend, approached Twice. Usually, idols befriend those debut around the same year and around the same level of popularity. Twice's circle of close idol friends are top groups debuted within 2 years apart, Red Velvet, Black Pink and Gfriend. Besides, the attempt to associate with Twice can be criticized as riding Twice's fame for attention unless you're already popular.

American has long been the dream of K-pop (and J-pop). Yet, Japan will still be a big lucrative market for years to come. And, the demand from these 2 big markets are different. The like of Twice or IZ*One will never click with the broader demography of America yet, you will keep seeing groups of similar vibes debuting. I assume the demand of SEA customers are in line with America one as the most beloved K-pop girl group in the region, especially in Indonesia, is Black Pink.

BTS's time in USA may be waning but, Black Pink and Monsta X has just taken off. TXT has just debuted. And, that Belift's new global boy group to debut in 2020. Also, BTS's members may take turn enlisting, not all at once, to lessen the impact.

I wonder if anyone in Juri's future group speak fluent English as that will be crucial for American promotion.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    • Like Like x 4
  17. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    I don't know if it's good or bad that I fell asleep early last night because I totally forgot about ANN and thought that I missed the show after I woke up, then finding out Juri wasn't able to broadcast ANN, then again last night could be the last night that we will see Juri. Since I'm from a different country, I can only access ANN through the showroom and missed most program/TV shows she's guesting. :(:(:(

19. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Before you know it, we'll be seeing her V-live instead! :awesome:
    (With fast eng subs too!)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Which in a way helps me practice my Japanese listening skills [hehe]

I missed Juri and KojiMako's last ANN appearance.:asdfgh::wall: More of like I failed to wake up on my alarm.:fp: I was supposed to wake up early and watch ANN before going to work (We are 2 hours ahead of Japan) but I failed to wake up. But considering Juri missed the show as well due to conflicting schedule, I guess it wasn't that bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1