1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage Iwatate Team B [Theater no Megami] (2018/09/08 - 22/03/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    As much as I love Seichan, swapping her and Juri for the units would probably have been for the best :^^;: singing live isn't really her strong suit. Hopefully she gets better now that she'll be performing this semi-regularly (or, better, she becomes a senbatsu regular and isn't in the theater much [hehe])

• Like Like x 2
  2. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

if the video does not show watch the video here

Shiata no megami

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It was a really great stage. Not sure if it's just the passage of time dimming my recollections or what, but I think I enjoyed tonight's the most of the four Shonichis*. Of course it helped that Megu, Seichan, and Satone were all in the top 5.

Seichan's Yokaze no Shiwaza was raw, but still good. Better than I expected, once it became clear she was going to be singing it. She's talked about taking vocal lessons more often than any other member I follow over the last year, so maybe I should have expected better.

Team A is just a mess, Team 4 the costume changes were too irritating to properly enjoy the stage. And I don't think I managed to watch RESET live.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I was actually surprised and impressed by Seichan's solo. Her singing reminds me of a young, shakier Yokoyama Yui.. or like Mocchi. Definitely raw and a bit unstable, but I think she can really nail it with more practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. meenicle

meenicle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Utada Hatsuka
    Tbh it's quite boring for me, members were enjoyable to watch but performance and songs not what I expected. Hope it will be better over time.

Just wonder who was exactly the center, Satopi or Seichan?

6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Seichan.

7. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    just wondering, if Hiichan performs in the Shonichi, what unit she's included? i don't think they'll give her the hatsukoi yo, konnichiwa though. will it be arashi no yoru ni wa? :confused::confused: or they will give her hatsukoi (lol)?

and i can see Seina giving her (or showing) more than 100% in the performance, her energy is bursting [hehe][hehe]

not following any D3 kenkyusei so i was really surprised Maho is 19y/o, she looks younger in my perspective, well, Yukirin doesn't look like she's getting older too though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  9. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm loving this line up! Especially with the focus on Seichan, Megu and Juri. Juri fits perfectly into this team. They all seem to fresh and cute I'm so looking forward to all the future team songs if there are any... (Kato Rena were like too cool for this and Yuria was just goofy/not cute enough).

Also good to see that Yukirin - a founding member of team B is still around to keep the team spirit. And OMG look at her waist :cute: it's smaller than most of the other girls on stage who are like half her age lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

No new costumes as well? I'm not excited for this.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I know this is WAY too late but

How bout not stuffing the eitos to the 4 teams and let them roam around Japan like they’re meant to and keep the teams as 16?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Isn't that exactly what they did before the kennin? and look how dysfunctional they are back then. :rolleyes: until they need so many special stages so that the numbers of "team" stages will be reduced. Beside her awesomeness, there is a not-so-good reason why Yuiri became the theater goddess, and also some others who served multiple teams back then.
    (Even though my ex kami-oshi belonged there, I don't really want to remember the tragedy of Kizaki Team B :cry: they even went under the period of no captain and no vice-captain)

One easy thing to do, open each AKB4 team section in this forum, and then count the members. Good luck filling 16 spots [hehe]
    put it some of the kenkyuusei? distribute them to their bounded teams, still hardly enough though. Considering some prominent members will not be able to do it that frequently. Even now with so many idol shugyou chuu performance, Takahashi Team B's debut was still delayed for so long isn't it?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Because teams of 16 DO NOT WORK. You would know that, if you payed attention to the theater.

No.

When those teams (Kizaki B, ect) were formed, they had 20+ members each. Then AKB let attrition take hold. Members left in droves. And management did nothing to fill the voids or stem the flow of graduations.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Even promoting all 16th gens and giving Yuiri a kennin to all teams, there weren't enough for 4 teams of 16 members. And that's without taking into account any graduations this year.

It doesn't make sense historically: Original Team A had 20 members, Team K 17. Team B sort of had 18 before they cut 5 of them, and they had to pull 3 girls from Team A for a shonichi cast of 16.

It doesn't make sense practically: Team A used to have all 20 members perform, but once they started getting outside work or members fell ill they'd have empty spots in their performances with no one to fill in. So they changed to a reduced roster of 16, with girls on the bench ready to fill in if someone couldn't make it. This need for replacement members hasn't gone away, in fact it's worse now with so many other activities taking the girls away from the theater.

You do know that's what the rest of the teams were doing before Team 8 was a thing, right? And fans of those teams would like to see them do it again? (And I'm sure the girls would too.) It's not like it's done anything to stop Team 8 from "roaming around Japan".

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Lmao sorry for offending yall it’s just watching Idol Shugyou Chuu stages and D3 filling in for Teams so fast made me think they’re actually ready for a 16nin team. But yeah i guess there’s still lots of other factors. And splitting the eitos into AKB4 seems like a good strategy to push some of em more

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

It worked just before the first shuffle and for a good while after as well.

really? Lol.

Having substitutes is still better than having girls who cannot perform even though they wanted to even though its not like they are bad at it.

There's not enough members for 16-nin teams now but when AKB recruits a 17th gen it would be a good time to go back to 16 nin teams with

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    This is a now over era, the girls, and more especially senbatsu members didn't have tons of jobs that prevented them from attending theater shows.

Unless they recruit a super large 17th gen, I don't think we'll see those time again anytime soon.

18. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think she would have been in Arashi no Yoru ni Wa and Kawahara Misaki would have been in Hatsukoi yo. Just my guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Are you saying the girls have tons of jobs that prevent them from attending theatre shows now?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, and unless they cancel the kennins, but the Berin captaincy points in the opposite direction.

Team A, for example, without the eitos and promoting all KKS and D3, would have 19 (K - 19 // B - 19 // 4 - 17).
    All it would take is for a few of them to be out of the theatre and they'd be in the same situation. And auditions for KKS don't seem to be as often as in the past (we used to have two new gens each year), so having the eitos as a cushion for the teams to fall on seems like best idea

• Dislike Dislike x 1