1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takayanagi Akane (Churi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    This may as the well be the KII general but I think we'd be the only posters anyway.

Yeah Airi is definitely special. I can't wrap my head around why she isn't talked about more since her talent and charm seem apparent to me at first glance. I also feel the same way about Kocchan - you look at her and just feel her determination and passion. Those two were the 7D2 members I identified as going places relatively early on and called my favourites from that gen - funny that things have turned out this way then!

I think it's quite obvious that Nao isn't leadership material if you've seen the Zero Position debate or seen the chemistry of members in KII theatres. She's the best performer in the team imo but far from a leader. That's no knock on her. I didn't write a report about it but I went to a KII theatre in December. Churi wasn't there so I cheered for Yumana and Airi, but Nao really stole the show as I expected. It sort of feels that KII is built in such a way that lets her perform at her fullest, and it's great to watch.

Damn, here you go name dropping these groups. I can't think of something more antithetical to being a Churi oshi than following other groups! (Teasing, I know you like variety and what not, but puritans like myself will stick to the blogs and theatres.)

2. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    The only good reason I can think of for Airi is she grew and gained confidence so fast that people who don't follow K2 closely have only caught on recently (if at all), and management probably wasn't prepared for it either, with Yunana already being their chosen youngster. But that trio of Yunana, Airi and Kocchan is so strong already.

Totally agree on Nao. Not much to add there.

And nope! See, Churi loves SKE and wants to see everyone there succeed, while I love multiple idol groups and want to see even more members succeed. It's the same, I just have a larger love radius! (That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it. Please, no "large love radius" innuendo jokes, that's too easy.)

Since we're talking about Airi and more people will probably see it here, I wanted to plug her twitter. It's one of the more fun and personal feeling accounts imo, as opposed to focusing on business/promoting.

Here's some of that confidence and charm on display with senpai Sakipon.
    https://twitter.com/airiSKE48_0921/status/952561423636312069
    https://twitter.com/airiSKE48_0921/status/952902575870771200

And these crack me up for some reason. I'll call it the GIVE ME YOUR FACE series.
    https://twitter.com/airiSKE48_0921/status/954992086029295616
    https://twitter.com/airiSKE48_0921/status/955004108649345024
    https://twitter.com/airiSKE48_0921/status/941570058408493056

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1744358

WIP matches. I was close on my guess, it's 3-on-3 but not all Nagoya: Yuki, Chikako, Machi VS Churi, Katomina, Tatsuya Makiho. I like my idea better though lol. It would be a fun storyline, getting all the SKE girls together for a brawl. They could haveChuri and Nao team up to defend their home turf from a new organization. Who doesn't like seeing enemies team up for a common goal?

4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  5. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
  6. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Guess I'll be watching my first Pixar movie soon. In Japanese.
    Has anyone seen the movie and knows how big the role is? Even if it's a minor character, she's shown in the headlines, so I'm really happy for her.

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I saw the movie the day it was released. The part is a small one, but not the smallest. She is a musician who encourages the young boy to follow his dreams. Unfortunately, I can't remember the character's name (and can't find it on any of the websites that list the top 20 characters or so, many of whom are dead family members).

I am going by google translate:
    And Takayanagi speaks to [the voice of] a woman musician the Miguel encounters in the "living country."

8. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    So it sounds like she's not in many scenes but gets decent screen (voice) time when it does get to her part? That's about what I expected, considering she doesn't even push for big voice acting roles. With all the work she's been doing, just getting her name up there with Disney/Pixar too is icing on the cake.

9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Most of the movie scenes are in the land of the dead (so she won't be there), and in the land of the living a lot of the scenes involve his family or his hero (the famous singer).

10. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I'll go see the movie in theatres when it releases. I actually didn't know it was already out in other countries. It seems like it won some awards and I like Disney-esque movies so I'm looking forward to it, even if Churi's role is small.

As an aside, the Mizuno Airi hype train is real. I'm not really sure what it is about Airi, but nearly every Churi fan I know, including the ones who initially denied going to other members' lanes, has gone to see her at handshakes and they all love her. I know that some Churi fans see Ego sometimes but a lot of fans (such as myself) aren't that sold on her despite being close to Churi. Maybe Airi is a catch due to her name : ) Churi is certainly good at promoting members.

11. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

Because Ego seems like a replacement for Mizupyon forced by the management.

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Can't say I disagree on that replacement part. Idk

Glad Mizuno finally got a traction. I just wish it spread to international part of SKE fandom, idk..
    (Can't say myself a big fan when I just discovered her on Musubi.:^^;:)

Pls keep me updated on her. Thank you very much.

13. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Let me just qualify what I said regarding Ego because I like her and I don't want to cause a misunderstanding.

I was just a baby SKE fan when Mizuho was still in the group so I won't comment on that. After Airin and Rena left the group Ego was the member that Churi got along with the most, since she was a fifth generation member and Churi kept a distance from the sixth gen+ members. (I believe this to be on purpose but I could be very wrong.) It therefore seems natural that she would get along with Ego, being senbatsu members in KII. For me, at least, it didn't seem that natural at the time and this has clouded my opinion of Ego, even if this might not really be the case. I just have this nagging feeling that it's more of a business relationship, like Churi jokes about with Minarun. I'm only talking for myself and some other fans I know, but those two after Airin/Rena felt a bit sudden and couldn't really fill the gap they left in the same way.

So I think that's the problem - I was looking for a Rena/Airin continuation. But I really appreciate the Mina/Churi combination, and Ego/Churi when they picked up steam with the Yosaku comics. Yosaku goods are absolutely everywhere at events, hanging from bags in most lanes I'd wager.

Maybe it's because there isn't this obsession with the past with Mizuno Airi which feels liberating and new for fans. We could say the same thing for Kocchan, really, but for whatever reason (maybe because Churi appeared with Airi at the Zepp Tokyo concert) there's this feeling that Airi is the padawan even if Churi doesn't seem to hang out with her that much. Maybe it's her rebellious attitude that people like?

14. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I vaguely remember Churi commenting on why she feels close to Egochan (thought it was in a recent blog, but I couldn't find it and gave up - maybe it was somewhere else). To paraphrase, she remembers in the early years feeling like a little sister to older members who helped her and made a big impression on her, so now she gravitates to the type of kouhai who she feels she can help in the same way. Egochan was like the SKE imouto, so it makes sense that Churi would want to take her under her wing. (bird pun!)

I can't speak for others about Airi, but liking her wasn't related to Churi for me. I don't even feel Churi does much to push her. She just stands out because she's got something special, imo.
    This is probably too obscure a comparison, but she reminds me a little of my favourite ex-Idoling member Yazawa Erika. That's not the reason I like her, but there are similar character traits I like: pleasant and cheerful on one hand, but also a little rough and defiant if provoked. Not totally unlike Churi, but Churi is a little more delicate compared to those two.

Fans like idols for different reasons: visual idols, singers/performers, lolis lol, etc., so maybe the common thread that attracts Churi fans to Airi is personality. They're both fun, lovable and genuine. Of course they're also cute and talented in various ways, but speaking for myself, it's personality that interests me most. Maybe other Churi fans feel the same.

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Time for a monthly bump.

I went to her other basketball game last Monday, but it was the same as last time except she did a layup to open the game. My friend brought binoculars and we found her in the crowd after. (I want to be clear that I did not do any of the stalking with the binoculars, she was just sitting in the same spot as last time and was easily identifiable)

I won't be going to her newest play, but from what I heard it's pretty good. Apparently it's far harder to understand for a non-native Japanese speaker than the last play, but her acting is good. There are a lot of characters in the play, so I wonder how much "screen"-time she gets.

She still hasn't performed for KII in 2018 yet, so I'm itching for her to get back into the theatre soon.

17. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    her ssk poster:
    DdUq8m1VQAIwEb9.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Churi's SSK Appeal Video

if the video does not show watch the video here
    "I’m Akane Takayanagi as in Churi from SKE48 Team KII.
    My motto is to think that life is very fun right right right now. So today I will do something that I can’t have fun by myself with full excitement.
    First is this. You play this with your friends but if it’s me I can have fun by myself. See how fast I can do it.
    The rule for the game is changing since it doesn’t fall at. So colorful. Next is this. I’m nervous. It so fun when you play alone.
    It doesn’t pop out at all. Hurry and pop out. Please it’s going to end. Thank you so much. It’s so hot. Next I will be a bird that I like.
    I have a bird at home but when your alone you can’t play with the bird often so I will be a bird myself.
    I also have a snack that can make me more like a bird. So fun."

• Like Like x 4
  19. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That was fun! One of the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane